Grass Season 2011 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #91
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: Grass Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score.../ws/wsdraw.pdf

Weird. I thought they said Azarenka was in the same half as Sam.
Well thats one less to worry about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #92
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Down 0-3 against Bartoli. Playing terribly at the moment. Hopefully she can pick it up like she did against Vera.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #93
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Why is this on at the same time as Dokic?!?

Come on Sam
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #94
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Marion takes the first set 6-3. Just that one break in her first service game.

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #95
country flag jack21

GSM Bartoli def. Stosur 6-3 6-1

Decent week, now on to Wimbledon.

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #96
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

What happened? Sam playing badly or Bartoli having one of her scary days?
SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #97
country flag Sammy Stones

Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future

sam playing awful, bartoli playing very well considering the wind.

I don't doubt that in normal conditions sam would have taken this match. she basically had 2 opponents, marion and the wind. marion didnt seem to mind the wind so much.
Sammy Stones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #98
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Oh well still a good week should give her some confidence heading into Wimbledon.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #99
country flag offkilter

offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice

I'm actually happy she lost. If she had beaten marion and gotten engaged in a three-set battle with kvitova, that would just leave her exhausted when wimby starts. Besides, she's defended her points for eastbourne, so yay!
offkilter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #100
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Will Sam play on Monday or Tuesday?
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #101
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I missed the Bartoli match, probably a good thing

GL in Wimbledon Sam!
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #102
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
Incredible how decent Sam is. At Eastbourne not only was she thanking the ballboys during service games, but she thanked everyone who asked her for an autograph AND thanked people who asked her if they could take a picture with her. She should get her reward for that, hopefully on-court...
Last year at the USO Open series, Sam was consistently a ball boys'/girls' favourite.

Anyway, I'll be happy if she makes the 4th round at Wimby to meet Sharapova. It will be one round further than her best result there in 8 attempts.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #103
country flag Baseliner35

Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough

Wow. This is a great forum. Really pleased I joined.

Now. Sam Stosur. I am probably more critical of Sam than most. However, I think she might be mentally "soft", and too often, fails to turn up when it counts, in big matches, in big touranments (save and aside her French Open 2010 tournamnet). Does anyone else agree?

I have a blog, and have written a couple of articles on Sam in the past. Check them out, and tell me whether you think I am on the right track;

http://www.baselinerally.com/?p=463; and

http://www.baselinerally.com/?p=137

I am probably being a bit too hard on "our" Sam, and it will be interesting to see how she goes at Wimbledon.
Baseliner35 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #104

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseliner35 View Post
Wow. This is a great forum. Really pleased I joined.
Welcome! Sam's forum is very well-intentioned and supportive. We are all fans and good to each other.

Just be careful of General Messages - it can be fun to debate, but is usually full of uninformed opinions and posts created solely to cause reactions. If you think you're harsh, you may be surprised at how nasty some of those people are. Enjoy anyway.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseliner35 View Post
http://www.baselinerally.com/?p=463; and

http://www.baselinerally.com/?p=137

I am probably being a bit too hard on "our" Sam, and it will be interesting to see how she goes at Wimbledon.
By the way, I think your articles are well-written, but sprawl a bit. You could keep them more short and sweet. And since they are clearly your thoughts, you could also dispense with referring to yourself in the 3rd person i.e. "the blogger...". Just my 2 cents. Keep it up!