Grass Season 2011 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #181
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation
Re: Grass Season 2011

Ah well. Bad times. Anyone waiting for the Jarka match?
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #182
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Ah well. Bad times. Anyone waiting for the Jarka match?
It was cancelled
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM   #183
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I think a abit of a break between tournies (I think stanford is July 25th) is what Sam needs right now.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM   #184
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
It was cancelled
What?! Damn, this really isn't a good day.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM   #185
country flag Chim

Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all

Huge huge disappointment. Thought she could at least get to the 3rd round this year with her good form in Eastbourne. Her inconsistency became a huge obstacle for her game. She really needs a good sports psychologist or maybe it's about time to seek another coach to improve her overall performance.
Well Sammy...I still love you
Chim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 07:30 PM   #186
country flag marand

marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light marand is a glorious beacon of light

hms? what? Wimby over already?
I hadn't even noticed it had started yet!

ah well... goodbye grass!
marand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #187
country flag Weemee
Misses her Momocaine!

Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute

Whaaaaat?!!! What happened? I'm just in...

A true champion. A champion of the courts. A champion of our hearts. A champion of the people. A champion of overcoming prejudice. A true inspiration and role model for woman around the world, gay and straight alike!

Je croire toujours en vous Amélie
Weemee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM   #188
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Apparently the wind is a big issue, just like during the Eastbourne semis.
Well I was at the match today and the wind was NOT a big issue. It was breezy, but an absolutely gorgeous day compared with Eastbourne. Czink played a solid match, but nothing spectacular - she will likely be out in the next round or so. On the few service games where Sam's serve was working, Czink could not get it back in the court at all. Sam should have blitzed her. Trouble is the serve wasn't working most of the time. She was putting no pace on the ball on her groundstrokes and there were hardly any serves out wide and forehands to finish the point. I think 8 out of 10 BH slices went into the bottom of the net, and many, many FHs and BHs went well outside the tramlines or well over the baseline. Oh, and she shanked a beauty into the adjacent court. She was shouting at herself and looked beaten from about the 4th game of the first set.

The crowd must have been 80% Aussie and fully supporting Sam. She gave them nothing to work with. She makes it f*****g difficult to be a fan - not because she loses, but because of the WAY she loses. To think she was hitting it very well on the practice court an hour or so before the match. Sigh...

Hope it turns around for the US Open.
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM   #189
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell happened?????????? Seriously disappointing. I thought she had a good draw too

Hope things go better in the dubs.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM   #190
country flag Sammy Stones

Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future Sammy Stones has a brilliant future

this is the form that my frustration has taken.
Sammy Stones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM   #191
country flag offkilter

offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice offkilter is just really nice

totally agree with you. Was at eastbourne and if she could cope with the wind there, there should be no reason to blame the wind.

Sam needs to deal with what goes on in her head. She's her biggest weakness and should see a sports psychologist. It's not like she's young and able to waste a few years faffing about.

Don't get me wrong, still a huge fan of hers. It's just what many have said. She makes it hard to be a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
Well I was at the match today and the wind was NOT a big issue. It was breezy, but an absolutely gorgeous day compared with Eastbourne. Czink played a solid match, but nothing spectacular - she will likely be out in the next round or so. On the few service games where Sam's serve was working, Czink could not get it back in the court at all. Sam should have blitzed her. Trouble is the serve wasn't working most of the time. She was putting no pace on the ball on her groundstrokes and there were hardly any serves out wide and forehands to finish the point. I think 8 out of 10 BH slices went into the bottom of the net, and many, many FHs and BHs went well outside the tramlines or well over the baseline. Oh, and she shanked a beauty into the adjacent court. She was shouting at herself and looked beaten from about the 4th game of the first set.

The crowd must have been 80% Aussie and fully supporting Sam. She gave them nothing to work with. She makes it f*****g difficult to be a fan - not because she loses, but because of the WAY she loses. To think she was hitting it very well on the practice court an hour or so before the match. Sigh...

Hope it turns around for the US Open.
offkilter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM   #192
country flag Baseliner35

Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough

Jesus christ. I note that Stosur made reference to the windy conditions again. So what? Both at Eastbourne and Wimbledon, her opponents played in exactly the same conditions. If anyone heard her media conference, it was pathetic. She is fast proving that she is nowhere nnear a top 10 player atm. She has the game to be. But simply, she has about as much fight as a dead fish, when conditions are not to her liking, ot things are not going her way. She has dined out on her French Open sucess in 2010 long enough. The mind boggles how good she could be, if she had the mentality of a Schiavonem

I am still majorily disappointed in Sam not playing Fed Cup this year. It was clearly a conscious decision by Sam not to play, to concentrate on her slams. Australia lost out on all fronts
Baseliner35 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:25 PM   #193
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

I think I prepared myself well for this loss, I honestly wasnt even surprised when I saw the result.

Pathetic, but she will never do well here. Hope she has a good doubles tournament.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:47 PM   #194
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Just woke up...
Or did I???!!!???
Seems like a fucking nightmare.
Sam you really are a pathetic joke this year.
There are no excuses for this pathetic display guys.
dok-stos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:50 PM   #195
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Sam is back to 2006, 2008 form. She would post big wins over top players but followed with really bad losses. That's the old Sam, and she really turned it around in 2009-2010.

Not sure where this is going to go. There's still the hardcourt season to salvage something.