Lucie Ready to Rumble (obviously in doubles) at Roland Garros - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #31
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Ready to Rumble at Roland Garros

And now she wasted 15-40 to start set 3. I dunno how many chances she wants.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #32
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

And now down a break. Total collapse, but what else could we expect from her. Just like last year at the USO when she lead 6-2 4-1 and lost. She cant close out matches at slams sometimes, it's so frustrating.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #33
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Very much expected at the moment, unfortunately. Lucie had her chances to kill this match off whilst was Goerges was sleeping and now she is struggling to fire. She needs something to rev her up again because the match is slipping away.
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #34
country flag Davodus

The BP at 3-1 is coming back to haunt her now. She didnt really take it on, and she has been struggling since. It's just frustrating, I wouldn't be mad had she lost from the start, but she totally had the match and she gave it away.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #35
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Yes, so many players would say thank you to an ugly and scrappy win from that point on but Lucie refuses to.
Now she leaves an impossible mountain to climb and can only hope her opponent falters which isn't the right way to win in any case.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #36
country flag Davodus

Yeah, I really don't get her. She just totally buckles when she has the match in slams. The minute some pressure is back on her, she crumbles and you can just always see it coming.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #37
country flag Davodus

Another thing, on return this set she has lost every single 30-30 point. Which have been every game (minus the first that she had 15-40 and wasted it). She just refuses to take chances.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #38
country flag Foals.

I'll never understand it. It would be almost comical all these wasted chances and opportunites if I wasn't so much of a fan.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #39
country flag Davodus

Yeah, it's just depressing She should be in the locker room now, with a good win and a chance at R4

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #40
country flag Davodus

Well, that's that then. Another massive choke to add to the list.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #41
country flag Foals.

Heartbreaking. The worst part is that we spotted the opportunity early on when the game might turn because of mental fragility and she duly obliged.

In all honesty she played nothing near like what she's capable of and the victory wouldn't be much to celebrate on merit; but a grand slam win is what it's all about. Even in the Dokic match she fought whilst choking with aces and winners but there wasn't much there today.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #42
country flag Davodus

Yeah, she was very flat but she was still winning...so all she needed to do was up her level a little at the end. But as you noted, we knew it was coming and pretty much right on time it came and she lost it. It was too obviously going to happen So disappointing, no wimbledon seeding so once again at the mercy of the draw.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #43
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie . Didn't see it but sounds dramatic from all accounts.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #44
country flag Foals.

Court 2 is officially off limits for both Lucie and Tomas now.

I'm trying desperately for positives, all I can think of is that she has very little to defend for the rest of the year and she will have a long preparation for the US Open, whether she does anything at Wimbledon or not. No first round exit at a grand slam so far this year either, clutching at straws I know!

I forgot to say congrats on the doubles yesterday both Lucie and Misa, that was unexpected.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #45
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie

Couldn't watch it, but maybe that's for the best. Must be frustrating, all though missed chances

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote