Lets do this Kiri!! - Roland Garros - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM   #31
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all
Re: Lets do this Kiri!! - Roland Garros

Nice choke Coco
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM   #32
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Whew. Maria wins the 1st set tiebreak 7-5 from 0-2 to 2-2 to 2-5. Stay focused Maria. The match is 1 hour 10 minutes long.

Maria was down 5-3 1st set.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #33
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Coco. Clearly wrong there.

Kiri still too passive in winning the first set 7-6, I really hope she raises her level.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #34
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
Coco. Clearly wrong there.

Kiri still too passive in winning the first set 7-6, I really hope she raises her level.
Actually the double-hit call was borderline, since the rule states that unintentional doublehits are allowed. It happened so fast that I don't think it was on purpose. But her momentum made it look like she had a second push at the ball. I think that was accidental. It's a judgment call though, and the umpire's decision is final, so not much anyone can do about that. Anytime you doublehit you're at the mercy of the umpire's judgment.

Coco didn't really lose that set because of that one call anyway. She lost because she played poorly after being 5-2 up in the tb, and also when she served for the set.

Looks like Kiri is safe now, the momentum is firmly in her favour and Coco has gone off the boil, although this is the best Coco has ever done in a GS maindraw singles match.

Kiri has definitely been too passive. Her serving has no aggression.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM   #35
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria breaks for 3-0 2nd set at 40-30 from 30-15 to 30-30 (2nd serve) (2nd serve there) on a 2nd serve. Hold Maria.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM   #36
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Actually the double-hit call was borderline, since the rule states that unintentional doublehits are allowed. It happened so fast that I don't think it was on purpose. But her momentum made it look like she had a second push at the ball. I think that was accidental. It's a judgment call though, and the umpire's decision is final, so not much anyone can do about that. Anytime you doublehit you're at the mercy of the umpire's judgment.

Coco didn't really lose that set because of that one call anyway. She lost because she played poorly after being 5-2 up in the tb.

Looks like Kiri is safe now, the momentum is firmly in her favour and Coco has gone off the boil, although this is the best Coco has ever done in a GS maindraw singles match.

Kiri has definitely been too passive. Her serving has no aggression.
Yeah it definitely was a close call, but I think she really had to move her racquet to make the second hit, didn't seem unintentional to me but who knows. Great reflexes nonetheless.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM   #37
country flag Protoss

Whew. Yay!!!!! Maria holds for 6-2 2nd set at 40-30 from 15-30. Good job Maria. The match was 1 hour 52 minutes long.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:00 PM   #38
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

And she wins. But not really convincing. In the end, Coco made too many errors, as she is apt to. But Kiri needs to step it up if she wants to do well here.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:02 PM   #39
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Got the job done, though nothing impressive.

Next up is Chanelle Scheepers.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #40
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

The 2nd set was better but she didn't do much. Against Scheepers, she'll have to be more aggressive to take her revenge from Dubai...
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM   #41
country flag Zumoq

Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice Zumoq is just really nice

Zumoq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM   #42
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
And she wins. But not really convincing. In the end, Coco made too many errors, as she is apt to. But Kiri needs to step it up if she wants to do well here.
Yeah definitely. It's good to get the win but Maria definitely needs to start playing more aggressively. She always does well when she's aggressive but doesn't seem to implement that game plan too often. Maybe it's a confidence thing.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:56 PM   #43
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation

She was very passive, hit quite a lot of balls in the middle. Good thing Coco started making more and more errors.

Play better next round Maria.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM   #44
country flag Tweety Snape

Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future

Is she not playing doubles with Vika? OH NO. What am I to do without Vikkiri as a doubles team in a slam?
EDIT: Nevermind this, I wasn't paying attention. What I get for being an idiot.
Good luck against Scheepers by the way.

Last edited by Tweety Snape : May 24th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Tweety Snape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #45
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

I think she should be more agressive.She was a bit passive in her first match IMO but glad she kept fighting and won

good luck in the next round!