Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #1
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of
Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread

In this tread comments made by Piotr about Caro are published.

Piotr: I'm the world's best coach

Caroline Wozniacki is No. 1 world ranking, therefore, Piotr Wozniacki wants the same status as coach.

He lacks respect. All shelves daughter for her performance on the tennis court where Caroline Wozniacki`s hard work has conquered the space as the women's best in the World Rankings. If there were a similar list for coaches, says Piotr Wozniacki he would have the top position too.

- Caroline is number one as a player in the world, then I can also say that I'm the best coach in the world, "says Piotr Wozniacki during a visit by sporten.dk recently with his family in Monaco.

Criticism of the father and daughter team has been solid throughout Caroline Wozniackis career. Several experts have pointed to the necessity that the Danish tennis player receiving inputs from outside and simultaneously separated the relationship with her farther, so there is a clear line between when Piotr is a father and when he is coach.

There were different coaches pulled in to several stages. Sven Groeneveld, Jimmy Connors and Kenneth Carlsen have all been linked, but only briefly. Piotr Wozniacki govern his daughter's tennis training with an iron fist, and the others have not really interfered in. The setting of the main character is quite simple, if the world really thinks he is such a bad coach, why is her daughter so the top of world rankings?

- She has developed the entire package because you are not number one in the world if you need anything. There is intense competition in the top of tennis, and it requires that you are on a very, very high level in all aspects. It is a great satisfaction for me as coach to have brought up Caroline, as the world best. If I as a coach is unhappy that she is number one in the world, no matter how she played, so I guess just that I had to stop and do something else, explains Piotr Wozniacki.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/piotr-j...bedste-traener

Last edited by Carofan : Feb 14th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #2
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of
Re: Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #3
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

He comes across as a bit of an egomaniac in this piece.

Whatever you do, don't post this in GM!

Seriously, I wish I could understand Polish so that I could form my own judgment on the quality of his on-court advice.
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #4
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Well, I guess that since I'm Caro's fan, then I'm his fan also.
Nena_xxx is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #5
country flag TonyL

TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all

Piotr actually speaks English very well.. Maybe he speaks in Polish so that nobody would know their tactics
TonyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #6
country flag WozLolz

WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future

Go Piotr!

Dude seems to have a sense of humor, so I'd venture to say he was joking with the "#1 coach" comment. If not, then....
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #7
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Translation:

From left box: "If Caroline Wozniacki had not been brought up by her dad, but by normal danish public education"

Right Box: "YESS I am 748 in the amateur rankings...wooohoooo!"
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #8
country flag betowiec

betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Piotr actually speaks English very well.. Maybe he speaks in Polish so that nobody would know their tactics
have to disagree, he understands a lot and can get his message across

but no way he speaks English very well
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #9
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Give him credit for getting her to this point but will she stay on top ? And is this a healthy relationship ? I don't like father's coaching daughters. Too many of them turned ugly. EXAMPLES: Steffi Graf...Andrea Jaeger.....Mary Pierce........Dokic.....Yuri and Maria Sharapova.....Yuri holding up a banana at U.S. Open to remind his daughter to eat. Come on !
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #10
country flag Turnip

Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Give him credit for getting her to this point but will she stay on top ? And is this a healthy relationship ? I don't like father's coaching daughters. Too many of them turned ugly. EXAMPLES: Steffi Graf...Andrea Jaeger.....Mary Pierce........Dokic.....Yuri and Maria Sharapova.....Yuri holding up a banana at U.S. Open to remind his daughter to eat. Come on !
I know you're just naming WTA father/coaches but Piotr will never be like Damir.

Does Piotr remind anyone else of Jose Mourinho? Especially after reading the OP.
Turnip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #11
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
I know you're just naming WTA father/coaches but Piotr will never be like Damir.

Does Piotr remind anyone else of Jose Mourinho? Especially after reading the OP.
Actually at one tournament, I remember providing security guards with pictures of one of the above mentioned father's informing them of a restraining order and a strong possibility of him showing up. Let me tell you the daughter was upset and worried. Dads should be dads. Everyone is upset that she signed a new racket deal--well who made the decision.
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #12
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually at one tournament, I remember providing security guards with pictures of one of the above mentioned father's informing them of a restraining order and a strong possibility of him showing up. Let me tell you the daughter was upset and worried. Dads should be dads. Everyone is upset that she signed a new racket deal--well who made the decision.
As strange as it may seem, families are different across the world, From my perspective of typical Danish families, democracy and discussion play a huge part. Not feeling forced to be what you don;t want to be is one of the reasons that Denmark and Danes are officially "the happiest people in the world".

I can't say for definite (I'm not in her family) but from Caro's own explanations, Tennis is her choice, her dad is her choice (he has a great recall of previous matches and helps her re match strategy etc.), And so ultimately, the racquet change is her choice to.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm not upset about the racquet change at all, confused at what appeared to be a radical strings change, rather than the slow introductions she did earlier (to Babolat Red). Caro's a tactically smart player still developing her skill set, so it seemed daft to upset that balance, and luckily it seems the ploy line was a test that has been put off, probably for later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
Re Mourinho, he dose a bit... Might be interesting to see how he dose as a Footy coach/manager when Caro is ready to move on/fly on her own wings.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Totally agree with you! I think that dad is dad. He can help, sure, but coach is a coach. Piotr helped Caro a lot, but he should be first of all her dad, and then a coach. Cos all fathers who were coaches soon or after had fights with their daughters. Hopefully it will never happend to Caro and her dad as it happened to Dokic family.
Nena_xxx is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #14
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

A non cheering Piotr.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #15
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Dad is not happy about her performance today.

She was too nervous. She could not do the things she wanted. She had zero timing in serve and in returns.

- She was completely stiff when she served, he said after a match where Caroline Wozniacki not made a single serve winner and only a few times sent the ball away with more than 170 km / h.

- backhand, she also just returned. There was no power, says a disappointed Piotr Wozniacki.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article...-caroline.html