Karin Knapp - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #181
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Karin Knapp

Lost 10-8 third set to Maria But gained many fans tonight. Many positive things to take.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #182
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, great fight from Karin,some great shots, so much power, was running and fighting really well, some stupid errors as well obviously, some problems with her fh here and there but can be proud!!
She had a small chance when she was leading 87, had 15-0 on Russians serve but then made an easy mistake, service game after she went down 0-40 too fast after bad serves and then couldn´t fight back anymore.

Hope she can improve further, would be great if she could be seeded at RG!!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #183
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Karin

But a fantastic match vs Sharapova. Bin sicher, ganz Südtirol ist stolz auf dich

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #184
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

AO R2: Sharapova def. Karin 6-3 4-6 10-8

For sure a match to remember

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #185
country flag rucolo

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/in...851204303.html

Quote:
Thursday, 16 January, 2014

Q. How are you feeling now?
KARIN KNAPP: I'm feeling good. I mean, I played a great match and it was so close. It's normal that at the end a little bit you want to win at the end because it was so close, but I played a great match and looking forward to doing many matches like this.

Q. Even though it was like 44 degrees or something ridiculous, were you able to...
KARIN KNAPP: No, it was really hot. I know that it was hot for me, but I know it was hot also for Maria. We were fighting both I think with the heat.

It was really tough, but we didn't stop. We played, and that was it.

Q. Do you think the play should have stopped?
KARIN KNAPP: Yeah, it was hot. I think maybe they could change some rules, because it's not the same like playing under the roof or with the sun. So maybe.

Q. Did you ever feel like it was dangerous out there?
KARIN KNAPP: I think it helped to me a bit the 10 minutes after the second set. That helped me a lot, because I think also we went to the locker room and we could cool down a little bit.

That help a bit, but how I said, I think they should change some rules.

Q. You played a great game today. Did you feel like you had it in the bag in third set?
KARIN KNAPP: Yeah, it's not easy to think this with Maria, but I think I played my game from the beginning to the end. I tried to hit, to make pressure, because that's what I have to do.

And, yeah, there were two I think Maria served she made some double faults, but I think she played really, really good also the second serve. I tried to attack, and there were two returns out like this, and at the end she won, so... (Smiling).

Q. What did you think about your shot on break point that hit the net and went over for you?
KARIN KNAPP: Sorry?

Q. On break point at 5 4, when you hit the return that hit the net and fell on her side to win the point.
KARIN KNAPP: I was lucky (smiling).

I mean, but this is tennis. It's like this. They were, how you said, I was lucky there. I think if these two returns were not out like this but in, it could change, so...

Luck. It's in the game, so...

Q. Do you take confidence moving forward after this performance today against Maria?
KARIN KNAPP: Yes, yes, it gave me confidence, because Maria is, I mean, in the three best players of the world. So I trying to find as much as possible these feelings and getting to play games like this all the time, and it gave me confidence, yes.

Q. How serious is the heart problem you had a couple years ago? How serious was that? Did you think you might not be able to keep playing?
KARIN KNAPP: No, that was a problem that I, how you say, resolve with two surgeries. But it's fine. I do just the controls every year for me, for myself, but that's all done, all fine.

Q. At the time were you worried about whether it would affect your tennis and whether you'd be able to keep playing?
KARIN KNAPP: Yes, yes, of course, because you have to do two surgeries in your heart. They always going to touch your heart.

But it was not easy. A lot of difficult moments. But I keep trying to get back, and I'm really happy.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #186
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Paris, indoors:

1st round: Karin vs. Arruabarrena (Q)
2nd round: Errani

Arruabarrena played a good Quali in Paris but Karin still should win, no doubt about that.
2nd round vs Errani would be interesting for sure, definitely a chance for Karin to win that as well, H2h between Karin and Sara is 4-0 for Karin!
anyway, let´s hope that she can win her first round match first!!
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #187
country flag Michael!
indescribable

1st round: Knapp def. Arruabarrena 6/4 6/1

good luck against Errani!!
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #188
country flag Michael!
indescribable

lost 46 36 to Errani
too many errors and serve also wasn´t working, a shame, expected her to take at least ont set but wasn´t good enough today!
One win here at least and some good points for her ranking!
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 06:37 PM   #189
country flag rucolo

Karin

I can`t stand Errani. She is so annoying. Errani was not the better tennis player, she was just better at keeping the ball in play and let Karin make UEs. Well, at least Karin won her Paris R1 match. But she must work on her footwork/movement.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #190
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Italy won against USA in FedCup!
Karin was Italian No.1 and won both of her matches against McHale and Riske!

Doha,1st round against Garcia, who totally sucks lately, should definitely win that if she isn´t too tired after FC,
possible 2nd round vs JJ, good luck!!
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #191
country flag rucolo

Happy Karin won her 2 Fed Cup singles matches. Keep up this form !

A loss to Garcia in Doha R1 would be extremely disappointing. Karin must reach R2

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #192
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

soooooo happy for karin, she played 2 amazing matches and finally is getting consistent results. ranking is so close so hope she will get a seed for RG and Wimbledon, would be excellent.
i fear she will withdraw from doha don't know if she's on dubai's EL too, hope she gives it a try at least, win a match would be important.
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #193
country flag Michael!
indescribable

she didn´t withdraw from Doha and won her first match 64 61 against Garcia!
Little drama in 1st set as usual, had the 50* lead and then choked but was able to break Garcia again at 54*!!

Now against Dramaqueen JJ, good luck!
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #194
country flag rucolo

Karin lost in Doha R2 to Jankovic 0-6 2-6 !

But Jankovic seems in good form. And at least Karin won her R1 match

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #195
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

Karin won 6-1 6-2 against Hlavackova in Dubai QR1
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote