Would she be #1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:59 AM   #1
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute
Would she be #1

If Justine HENIN win this title, would she be #1 ?

or

too many points she has to catch up for #1 (Serena has around 6000 pts)

Btw

How many points for The Winner?
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:12 AM   #2
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
LOL at this thread. Justine has not chance for #2 much less #1.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:29 AM   #3
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
LOL@Katulampa!
Maybe if Jennifer loses in the first round and Justine wins the title, she can aim for the #3 spot... I'm not sure though!

*checks rankings*

1 0 Serena Williams (USA) 5596 12
2 0 Venus Williams (USA) 4844 15
3 0 Jennifer Capriati (USA) 3520 16
4 0 Justine Henin (BEL) 3133 22
5 0 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 3068 17
6 0 Kim Clijsters (BEL) 2838 20
7 0 Monica Seles (USA) 2796 14
8 0 Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 2640.75 24
9 0 Jelena Dokic (YUG) 2403 28
10 0 Martina Hingis (SUI) 2348 12

If Justine wins the champs, she'll gain around 500 pts, so that means she can catch up with Capriati!
Jennifer will have to lose early, but that won't be the problem, now will it?

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 01:04 AM   #4
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
Sure if Serena loses her first match and Justine wins the tournament and in the process picks up... oh around 2,500 points.
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 01:14 AM   #5
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
lol @ Hawk!!

CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:11 AM   #6
country flag ttaM

ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of
I hope Monica reaches the SF atleast. I want her to get some points here. she is defending none. A great opp. for her.
ttaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:23 AM   #7
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they will start from 0 pts before The Championships?

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:25 AM   #8
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
:Rolleyes: @ this thread. And I also don't know WHAT this thread has to do with Monica again.

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:11 AM   #9
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Chrispy its called a 'side comment'. He is sorry for breaking regulation #400023082! jesus relax...and why would u guys assume Katulumpa understands the ranking system perfectly? it is pretty complex and not that interesting unless ur a hardcore fan.

good luck Juju!!!!!
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:10 AM   #10
country flag Buitenzorg

Quote:
Originally posted by SM
Chrispy its called a 'side comment'. He is sorry for breaking regulation #400023082! jesus relax...and why would u guys assume Katulumpa understands the ranking system perfectly? it is pretty complex and not that interesting unless ur a hardcore fan.

good luck Juju!!!!!
[size=3.5]

Good on you SM, thanks for your support!

[/size]
Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:16 AM   #11
country flag Buitenzorg

My thought

so, if they will continuing / adding the points which they will get from The Championships into their RANKING points.....

I think it's no make any different as SERENA points still a head around :

700 pts from VENUS
2000 pts from JENNIFER
2400 pts from JUSTINE
etc....

even SERENA lose in the 1st Round (She will be still #1)....why you bother to play this Championships to determine #1 WTA Player