Selection Show - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #31
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

ASU is so going to Stanford
... I don't understand your note. Go read my predictions again.

Huh.... ASU is going to Stanford when? Next season for a Pac 12 match?

I got about 60% of my predictions right on the money... sadly I had the Stanford bracket completely correct.

Pepperdine and LB get to see each other for the third time in 8 years.... it's b*llshit. They play each other each year, they are 40 minutes apart... and they see each other AGAIN in 02 at Stanford, 07 at Fresno, 11 at Stanford. What a joke. So much for the student-athlete experience. Buzz kill. Nice reward for winning your leagues.... but Army, Yale and a like each year get to fly all over the country. Under the 400 mile rule, a majority of teams in California (more than 400 miles from everywhere) just get to play each other AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN in the SAME PLACE SAME PLACE SAME PLACYE

LB has made NCAA's 8 times in 10 seasons but alwasy the same locations: Stanford 3 times, UCLA 3 times, USC 1 time, Fresno 1 time. And three times versus Pepperdine... who already play each other every year.

Vans all over the state... it's b*llsh*t. Throw them a bone. But being based in So Cal where you are 400 miles from bay area, the LA Pac schools plus Fresno or ASU... usual screw job to save a couple bucks while a lesser team like Sac State is travelling across the country.

End of rant.... but complete buzz kill for the team. Same thing every year. Yawn.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #32
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
... I don't understand your note. Go read my predictions again.

Huh.... ASU is going to Stanford when? Next season for a Pac 12 match?

I got about 60% of my predictions right on the money... sadly I had the Stanford bracket completely correct.

Pepperdine and LB get to see each other for the third time in 8 years.... it's b*llshit. They play each other each year, they are 40 minutes apart... and they see each other AGAIN in 02 at Stanford, 07 at Fresno, 11 at Stanford. What a joke. So much for the student-athlete experience. Buzz kill. Nice reward for winning your leagues.... but Army, Yale and a like each year get to fly all over the country. Under the 400 mile rule, a majority of teams in California (more than 400 miles from everywhere) just get to play each other AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN in the SAME PLACE SAME PLACE SAME PLACYE

LB has made NCAA's 8 times in 10 seasons but alwasy the same locations: Stanford 3 times, UCLA 3 times, USC 1 time, Fresno 1 time. And three times versus Pepperdine... who already play each other every year.

Vans all over the state... it's b*llsh*t. Throw them a bone. But being based in So Cal where you are 400 miles from bay area, the LA Pac schools plus Fresno or ASU... usual screw job to save a couple bucks while a lesser team like Sac State is travelling across the country.

End of rant.... but complete buzz kill for the team. Same thing every year. Yawn.
hilarious, but I agree about So Cal teams playing each other over and over again.
and I was ing about the bracket, not especially about ASU You got it pretty right.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #33
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Looked at Washington's submission, and as I read it they never finished a match on court #3. link I don't think that is possible.
now I can see the link.
more interesting is their doubles lineup. Split Chan and Dy, they want to win BOTH 1,2 matches.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #34
country flag form

[quote=form;19488814BUBBLE: Since Bill & Mary moved up to # 43 in yesterday's ranking... the last spot in is # 44.

Prediction time (which sucks for my favorite team YET AGAIN):

# 1 - Host, # 2 seed, # 3 seed
Florida, SMU, South Carolina
Stanford, Pepperdine, Long Beach State
Duke, Texas A&M, Maryland
North Carolina, NC State, VCU
Miami, Yale, FIU
UCLA, San Diego, Cal Poly
Baylor, Oklahoma, Arizona
Georgia, Alabama, UNLV
California, USC, Saint Mary's College
Michigan, Washington, Nebraska
Virginia, Texas, William and Mary
Florida State, Tulsa, South Florida
Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Sacramento State
Northwestern, Notre Dame, Fresno State
Clemson, Arkansas, Winthrop
Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Mississippi[/QUOTE]

Ok, how did I do... green is correct location and pairing ...

but I am not sure where I went wrong that # 49 Utah got in .. will have to figure that out. Arizona a # 2 seed is mind boggling and again through some of my predictions off.

Texas A&M becoming a # 2 seed host through some predictions off also... oh well...

I got a bunch right on... which sucks if it is that easy to figure out this cookie cutter system.

# 1 - Host Site, # 2 seed, # 3 seed
Florida, SMU, South Carolina
Stanford, Pepperdine, Long Beach State
Duke
, Texas A&M, Maryland
North Carolina, North Carolina State, VCU
Miami, Yale, FIU
UCLA, San Diego, Cal Poly
Baylor, Oklahoma, Arizona
Georgia, Alabama, UNLV
California, USC, Saint Mary's ,
Michigan, Washington, Nebraska,
Virginia, Texas, William and Mary
Florida State, Tulsa, South Florida
Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Sacramento State
Northwestern, Notre Dame, Fresno State
Clemson, Arkansas, Winthrop
Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Mississippi

Texas A&M a host? Utah # 3 seed
Arizona a # 2 seed? South Florida # 4 seed?
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #35
country flag form

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
hilarious, but I agree about So Cal teams playing each other over and over again.
and I was ing about the bracket, not especially about ASU You got it pretty right.

Hey Fantic, you have lots of sources. Help me with these two questions about Pepperdine:

1) Apparently LB coach told the team yesterday at practice that Andrea Oates is not listed on the Pepperdine roster for NCAA's? Where has she gone?

The girls said coach told them Megan Moore is listed at # 6.... while Ali Walters (ex # 1, nat ranked, but no spring matches) is listed at # 3 doubles and # 7 (1st alternate) in singles.

2) Having only played tournaments in the fall, I 'think' Walters would still be eligible for a red shirt year as it is a small percentage of the allowable match 'dates.' Why burn the red shirt year when, even if you beat LB again, you then go home the next day because # 1 Stanford is ready to drill you?

Any thoughts? Both seem weird.
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #36
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Hey Fantic, you have lots of sources. Help me with these two questions about Pepperdine:

1) Apparently LB coach told the team yesterday at practice that Andrea Oates is not listed on the Pepperdine roster for NCAA's? Where has she gone?

The girls said coach told them Megan Moore is listed at # 6.... while Ali Walters (ex # 1, nat ranked, but no spring matches) is listed at # 3 doubles and # 7 (1st alternate) in singles.

2) Having only played tournaments in the fall, I 'think' Walters would still be eligible for a red shirt year as it is a small percentage of the allowable match 'dates.' Why burn the red shirt year when, even if you beat LB again, you then go home the next day because # 1 Stanford is ready to drill you?

Any thoughts? Both seem weird.
I don't have sources like other guys

I dunno, but it's the same as in WCC championship.

Moore did play #6 singles and Walters did play #3 doubles. And yes Oates didn't play either in singles
and doubles. Dunno, maybe injury? Oh I do have sources at Pepp Will check it out

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 7th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #37
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
BOMBSHELL: MALLORY BURDETTE PLAYING #4 FOR STANFORD!
This must have been challenged and sustained. Stanford's line-up has returned to:
1. Barte
2. Burdette
3. Gibbs
4. Ahn
5. Tan
6. Li

I wonder who challenged I actually think the:

1. Barte
2. Ahn
3. Gibbs
4. Burdette
5. Tan
6. Li

gave Stanford a better shot at beating Florida. I bet that's why Lele did it Good try Lele!

That appears to be the only change in original lineups I can find...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #38
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Okay, Britney Sanders is 5 for Notre Dame after not playing 1 dual match? KAY!

Anyone know why Claire Bartlett isn't on the team roster for Flrodia?? She is a transfer so there's a track record, but I had heard that there was drama at UVA, I don't know what though.
She's still on the team. I believe she's injured. She has not played since the fall. But she is definitely still with the team.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #39
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
She's still on the team. I believe she's injured. She has not played since the fall. But she is definitely still with the team.
Thanks! I saw some pics from SECs and I thought I didn't see Claire and she isn't on the lineup, not even at 9. And is Boonstra helping with the team, I thought I saw her too. Borsanyi is 8 so does that mean Claire is a walk-on?

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #40
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Omg why would anyone transfer from UVA to UF
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #41

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Omg why would anyone transfer from UVA to UF
dy. ing

Old May 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #42
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
dy. ing
are you getting charged by the character you type? maybe you could spell it out?
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
are you getting charged by the character you type? maybe you could spell it out?
No, that's exactly how I said it when I read it. Lighten up a little bit.

Old May 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #44
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
No, that's exactly how I said it when I read it. Lighten up a little bit.
lighten up? in fact i was making fun of your cryptic message as if any of us pay by the character. it's a joke son.

having said that, i just don't what the heck it is you are trying to say. something about dy = donald young........

either way, fortunately, i can't read your mind.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
lighten up? in fact i was making fun of your cryptic message as if any of us pay by the character. it's a joke son.

having said that, i just don't what the heck it is you are trying to say. something about dy = donald young........

either way, fortunately, i can't read your mind.
It's nothing cryptic and how was I supposed to know you were joking? I separating "Dying" into it's two syllables. I thought Amalgamates joke was funny and some people say "dying of laughter." It's not a big deal.