Selection Show - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM   #16
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
FSU screwed, Texas A&M hosting...
Definitely. I can't see the logic there.

Southern is about halfway between TAMU and FSU so for them its a wash. FSU assumes the travel costs A&M would have had if FSU had hosted, so the logic is that they $4000 or so that SMU would have spent is now saved. All other costs are the same. All visiting teams still have to pay for hotel, food, etc. so the only real overall savings is that one team saves airfare.

An easy fix would be to charge a $5,000 hosting fee. If teams don't want to pay it, they don't host. If they want to host, all of the visiting teams can have their travel costs lessened.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #17
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

BOMBSHELL: MALLORY BURDETTE PLAYING #4 FOR STANFORD!

http://web1.ncaa.org/tennis/exec/lin...n=1&fromLink=Y

I wonder if anyone will challenge it?

Edit: EMBREE RELEGATED BACK TO THE #2 POSITION.

I wonder if anyone will challenge it?

Edit#2: Nadja Gilchrist in at #2 for Georgia...

Last edited by Amalgamate : May 4th, 2011 at 02:29 AM.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #18
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I know we have talked about it ad nauseam but seeing Nadine and Ellah's record at No. 1 and No. 2 vs. the rest of the team is kind of hilarious.

Interesting to see Cossou move up to No. 4 over Goransson and Davis. USC puts Ramos at No. 4 over Pulido.

Surprised that Burdette is down at No. 4. While Ahn had a great tournament last week I wonder if she's really battle-tested to play No. 2 considering she tends to go on mental breaks when she played No. 3 and 4 during the dual season.

Georgia putting Gullickson/Gilchirst and the newish (only two matches played) Fuller/Kimbell team at No. 1 and 2.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #19
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I know we have talked about it ad nauseam but seeing Nadine and Ellah's record at No. 1 and No. 2 vs. the rest of the team is kind of hilarious.

Interesting to see Cossou move up to No. 4 over Goransson and Davis. USC puts Ramos at No. 4 over Pulido.

Surprised that Burdette is down at No. 4. While Ahn had a great tournament last week I wonder if she's really battle-tested to play No. 2 considering she tends to go on mental breaks when she played No. 3 and 4 during the dual season.

Georgia putting Gullickson/Gilchirst and the newish (only two matches played) Fuller/Kimbell team at No. 1 and 2.
Duke Records
1 (Nadine): 8-13
2 (Ellah): 7-8
3 (Reka): 15-2
4 (Liz): 16-3
5 (Rachel): 21-0
6 (Mary): 17-3

I wonder if anyone will challenge this?

Cossou is a tougher opponent than both Goransson and Davis, I assume she continues to move up as her recovers from injury.

I wonder if Nadja is actually healthy or if Georgia is just doing this as a pre-caution and then might pull her out?
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #20
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:

Typical Krisite I wonder if that will improve against tougher opponents? This is quite the interesting move by Lele, I mean she has been having Mallory play #2 essentially all season. Maybe Kristie gets bumped up after winning Ojai, but why also put Gibbs ahead of Mallory? I have no problem with the move and I don't think it's stacking at all, I'm just confused as to the logic behind it.
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #21
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, Britney Sanders is 5 for Notre Dame after not playing 1 dual match? KAY!

Anyone know why Claire Bartlett isn't on the team roster for Flrodia?? She is a transfer so there's a track record, but I had heard that there was drama at UVA, I don't know what though.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:08 AM   #22
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Nadja is healthy, and I'm thrilled to see her and Chelsey back together, but it's a little strange, especially considering Gullickson/Fuller will be playing the doubles tournament.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:30 AM   #23
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
I really hope Nadja is healthy, and I'm thrilled to see her and Chelsey back together, but it's a little strange, especially considering Gullickson/Fuller will be playing the doubles tournament.
UGA's strategy: Put Nadja in the lineup now and if she's not healthy, take her out. Rather then her not being in the lineup and UGA trying to find a way to squeeze her in (don't think it's possible? )
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #24
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Looked at Washington's submission, and as I read it they never finished a match on court #3. link I don't think that is possible.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #25
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Looked at Washington's submission, and as I read it they never finished a match on court #3. link I don't think that is possible.
9-12 is Samantha Smith's record at #3. It's an error.
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #26
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

You all keep talking about challenges. Do they ever happen? I don't remember hearing about them...
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:32 AM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Just came back home and am seeing this

I can't go to the link, it says; 'HTTP Status 404 - /Maintenance.jsp'

Stanford They made a right decision IMO. Definitely think
in terms of ability Ahn/Gibbs/Burdette, at least at Ojai it was so.

What's Duke's lineup?

Cossou at 4? Naturally. While Goransson and Davis did ok at Ojai, still Cossou at her full force is better, no question about it, you all know she's a perennial Quarterfinalist at the NATIONAL stages. And she did play okay against Ahn at Ojai.

And am glad Sanders is playing at last! ND needs her IMO

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gilchrist/Kimbell was operational at Riviera and they were QUITE good, they were finalist at the consolation MD, I think. (the winner? Duke's Clayton/Gorny )

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #29
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Duke Records
1 (Nadine): 8-13
2 (Ellah): 7-8
3 (Reka): 15-2
4 (Liz): 16-3
5 (Rachel): 21-0
6 (Mary): 17-3

I wonder if anyone will challenge this?
What they didn't change the lineup?

Let's see what was the latest ranking of those top 3?

If only I had the right to challenge...

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

Ahn beat Cossou, Hein, KK, Gibbs, Sanchez at Ojai.
Fully tested, I'm sure Her cross court drives
were REALLY good...

- Woodrow Wilson