The "Flavia's not the only tennis player in the world" thread - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #766
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The "Flavia's not the only tennis player in the world" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
If that's the case then you have a good reason to be proud of yourself. Is it the first time you've won?

Arantxa's a superstah now in Netherlands!

Masha won! Linda needs to root for her now.
It's the only leg I won, yeah. But I've won some special events

Yes
They were going through her Facebook page with her, and talking about stuff based on what she posts on there She was holding herself alright, I guess.

Against Petko or Kiri, I will

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #767
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
I hate it all
I know I'm just not rough like her

Haha, my family is used to it as well, but there they were all wondering why I was supporting the unknown girl
She had. But it's kinda back now. Just not as annoying as before.
That was a choke from Radwanska
Not rough? Hahaha!

Yeah Aga is still a newcomer in the tour then. I remember the commentator's funny way of emphasizing her name as Aga proceeded to embarrass the defending champ...Agnieeezka Raaaaad-waaaanskaaa! has Maria Sharapova in all sorts of trouble now! Stay tuned!
I think Maria has matured now.

It's not a choke. Ok Aga really didn't look like she believed she can win the match but credit to Maria she played better when down.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #768
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not rough? Hahaha!

Yeah Aga is still a newcomer in the tour then. I remember the commentator's funny way of emphasizing her name as Aga proceeded to embarrass the defending champ...Agnieeezka Raaaaad-waaaanskaaa! has Maria Sharapova in all sorts of trouble now! Stay tuned!
I think Maria has matured now.

It's not a choke. Ok Aga really didn't look like she believed she can win the match but credit to Maria she played better when down.
No

She better has - she's 24 and engaged, time to grow up

Hmm. I know Maria's fighting spirit is legendary, but I'd still classify this as a choke.

Old May 30th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #769
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No

She better has - she's 24 and engaged, time to grow up

Hmm. I know Maria's fighting spirit is legendary, but I'd still classify this as a choke.
I think it's good for the tour that she's more likeable now. Not that she needs more popularity votes. With Maria doing good this clay season, I just realized again how much devoted fans she has on this board.

I guess I was just so sure Masha will win this match so I did not thought Aga had wasted a chance to win but those SPs lost is indeed choke-y.
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #770
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Who else thinks my avatar and sig are representative for the differences between my two girls?

Old May 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #771
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

that was an amazing comeback from Masha saved 6 SPs, twice 3 in a row
i'll be really pissed if Murray doesn't win tomorrow of course since i follow tennis a match postponed the day after is NEVER first but tomorrow yes
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #772
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Quote:
As a spectator I didn't mind the dance before but I thought the moonwalking is just a bit too silly.
ITA. And she invented it only for the audience. 'Cool' doesn't work this way, Andrea

Quote:
Linda vs Petko...that would be like Flavia vs Caro respectively. The outcome is never in doubt.
Heretic! If even Daniela can beat Caro...

Last edited by wiwa : May 30th, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
wiwa is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM   #773
country flag peanuts

@Linda I didn't see it. Maybe because I know Sara can be animated on-court as well.

@Fran I think Maria really hates to lose to Aga. She seemed to go on a higher gear whenever Aga gets a good lead.
And I don't like the OOP either. Why do they need to put Fran's match first on Chatrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
ITA. And she invented it only for the audience. 'Cool' doesn't work this way, Andrea

Heretic! If even Daniela can beat Caro...
At least the dance is something she did for herself. Now she's just playing it up for the spectators.

You know I'm right.
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:11 AM   #774
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Quote:
You know I'm right.
Maybe. I don't know exactly Lindas tennis skills. I hope Flavias are yet a bit better right now. (Sorry Linda )

In fact you could say the same about Flavia an Petko
wiwa is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM   #775
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
@Linda I didn't see it. Maybe because I know Sara can be animated on-court as well.
Sara? Never (new balls? new balls? )
But I meant it as Flavia is just wicked in so many ways, and Sara is mostly adorable

@willy, my tennisskills are nonexistent

Old May 31st, 2011, 11:06 AM   #776
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
But I meant it as Flavia is just wicked in so many ways, and Sara is mostly adorable

My first 'exposure' to the lovely Ms. Errani was because of you Linda. The ONLY thing in common with 'our' girl is the predisposition to battle. Because, in all honesty, they're not on the same level of talent or ability. That doesn't mean that she's not a joy to watch in her own right.
chmath is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:35 AM   #777
country flag peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
Maybe. I don't know exactly Lindas tennis skills. I hope Flavias are yet a bit better right now. (Sorry Linda )

In fact you could say the same about Flavia an Petko
Oh you thought we're talking about Linda's tennis skills. Willy.

Quote:

I don't remember this.
Flavia is just wicked. I like that But you are too hard on her. She has shown moments of having a gentle soul. Like with Gise.
Don't get mad but I actually think Sara is more errrm..unadorable on-court with all the grunting than Flavia.

At least you'd win against BYE.
Old May 31st, 2011, 01:15 PM   #778
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
My first 'exposure' to the lovely Ms. Errani was because of you Linda. The ONLY thing in common with 'our' girl is the predisposition to battle. Because, in all honesty, they're not on the same level of talent or ability. That doesn't mean that she's not a joy to watch in her own right.
It's true But well, talent ain't everything

Quote:
I don't remember this.
Flavia is just wicked. I like that But you are too hard on her. She has shown moments of having a gentle soul. Like with Gise.
Don't get mad but I actually think Sara is more errrm..unadorable on-court with all the grunting than Flavia.

At least you'd win against BYE.
Oh maybe I didn't post it here. I'll dig it up from somewhere else
I meant wicked as in wicked awesome not wicked evil. She's actually very kind and sweet. She's just got a tough mind about tennis
But she's so.... If you forget the noise She has that effect on me where I just go all over someone

Maybe

Old May 31st, 2011, 01:19 PM   #779
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Sara, McHale and the new balls

Quote:
3rd set Sara started just bad. And then at 0-3 she was so frustrated at starting badly that she promptly got broken again And suddenly it was 0-5.....and then bitchy Sara showed up She had been pretty frustrated with things all match (since disagreeing with the umpire over a mark in the first game) but then it got funny. There were new balls, and McHale forgot to tell her. So at 15-15 Sara realised this and she went (to the umpire) "New balls? New balls?" The umpire said they were so she walked back to the baseline and started talking to McHale "New balls? You have to tell me. I don't know they are new balls" and upon receiving a "wtf/whatever" look from McHale "Normal is you tell me" So funny. And then she won 3 games easily
It was really funny
But Sara said in press later that it was the 2nd time McHale didn't show her the new balls.

Old May 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM   #780
country flag MAGIKARPETTA

MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future

Flavia is watching Sexa's match wearing a sexy black leather jacket

PAW(best rank: #1): '13 Dubai, Strarbourg - '11 YEC, Eastbourne, Budapest
FITD(best rank: #2): '11 Eastbourne & Wimbledon

Twitter
MAGIKARPETTA is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread