So why did Rihanna blow up but Teairra Mari didn't??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1
country flag JUSTICE4ALL

JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of JUSTICE4ALL has much to be proud of
So why did Rihanna blow up but Teairra Mari didn't???

Hmmm I was watching Lottery Ticket(awful movie) last night and Teairra Mari was in the movie. I had completely forgot about her, I remember both are products of Roc Nation and Jay Z! Yet 5 years later Rihanna is one of the 5 most popular female entertainers in the world, while Mari has fallen off the face of the earth. Hmmm I wonder why? I'm just going to say Rihanna had more universal beauty appeal even though I think Mari is more attractive, but probably a little too urban for main stream America. In my opinion "How to make a girl feel" is a far better song than "Pon de Replay". How yall feel?

Management

Last edited by JUSTICE4ALL : Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
JUSTICE4ALL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So why did Rihanna blow up but Teairra Mari didn't???

Rihanna had Umbrella, whoever this person is didn't.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalmarenka View Post
Rihanna had Umbrella, whoever this person is didn't.
Rihanna had hits before Umbrella ya know.

I love "Sponsor".
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #4
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Same question could be raised about Christina Milian. Milian has suggested that she was dropped so the label could pour money into the Rihanna project.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #5

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

lol Christina Milian started flopping way before Rihanna's forehead made its waxing crescent.
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #6
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

I love "Sponsor" too!

Jay-Z probably chose to put more effort in Rihanna's success than Teairra's,
The question is, why? Personal relationship? Greater belief in her? They are both beautiful girls so it can't be about one looking better than the other...
Some would argue that Teairra's voice is stronger so once again, why Rihanna? Maybe it has to do with her personality,
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #7

Teairra Mari is pretty but I honestly can't recognise her at all. She does not have a distinct face.
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #8
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Rihanna had the islander thing going for her and that's what made her more unique...

Check this out! And I've never seen Jay-Z grin that hard during a Beyonce performace,
I guess he was just proud of his young talent...
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #9
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABÙ_SEXY_SHOP View Post
Rihanna had hits before Umbrella ya know.
True, but nobody really gave a shit. Ever since, people think she's the best thing since sliced bread.

She isn't, but people are stupid.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #10
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ahhhh, this explains it. Jay-Z never signed Teairra. L.A. Reid did. And Rihanna's music was more pop while Teairra's was more urban. On top of that, Rihanna's first single "Pon de Replay" went to #1 (on the Dance charts & #2 on Billboard Hot 100) while Teairra's didn't. This all probably contributed to Rihanna "blowing up" while Teairra didn't.

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalmarenka View Post
True, but nobody really gave a shit. Ever since, people think she's the best thing since sliced bread.

She isn't, but people are stupid.
I don't know about where you live but she's always been pretty popular where I've been. Maybe not as much as today but she was pretty big from day 1.
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #12
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I read somewhere that when Jay-Z signed Rihanna, he made the unusual move of making it a 6 album deal? I think he just really saw something in her right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABÙ_SEXY_SHOP View Post
lol Christina Milian started flopping way before Rihanna's forehead made its waxing crescent.
hey "Dip It Low" was hot!

hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #13
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

6 album deal? Wow!

I'm remember my teenage self trying to do the "Dip it Low" dance unsuccessfully,
And yes, I was rolling around in imaginary chocolate or paint or whatever the hell that stuff was,
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
I thought I read somewhere that when Jay-Z signed Rihanna, he made the unusual move of making it a 6 album deal? I think he just really saw something in her right away.

hey "Dip It Low" was hot!

Yeah but that song definitely came out before Pon de Replay.
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
6 album deal? Wow!

I'm remember my teenage self trying to do the "Dip it Low" dance unsuccessfully,
And yes, I was rolling around in imaginary chocolate or paint or whatever the hell that stuff was,
I can just imagine