(red hot) Ana on red clay 2012 season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #1
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
(red hot) Ana on red clay 2012 season

Whatever we personaly thinking about Ana's 2012 first quarter results - fact is that she finished just for the 2nd or 3rd time ever this part of the season into TOP10 in YEC race, thanks to more than solid AO-R16, IW-SF, MIA-R16, Dubai-QF results. 5 out of 7 loses which she have this season so far coming from opponents which is former WTA#1 and/or GS champions (Clijsters, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Sharapova, Venus), where she is forced once to retire due injury and twice won set against players vs worst career h2h (Clijsters and Venus). Also she collect couple notable straight sets wins (Wozniacki, Schiavone, Bartoli), and except in two cases at "tier-2" level events (Safarova and Cetkovska loses) Ana won all matches which she is supposed to win losing just one single set.

This start of the season is of course not even close to 2008 peak-Ana when she played AO final and won IW, but for sure is much better than in previous two seasons, and not worse than in 2006, 2007 or 2009. Which is more important, it coming after also very solid 2nd half of previous season. And we know how surface factor works for Ana: around TOP10 level on hardcourts means around TOP5 level on red clay - if she just keep the same level which she displayed in last about 8 months (and of course stays healthy and injury free)!

Like never before, Ana have full red clay schedule this season, but she and hers fitness ATM arguable have not ability to play permanently on high level on day-to-day events. IW and Miami is by type of schedule more close to slams than to others tournaments, but when Ana must to play vs Sharapova next day after beating Bartoli, or vs V.Williams already next day after she beat Hantuchova - she already retire vs Maria early in 2nd set, and after 7-6 2-2 start vs Venus in rest of this match won only 2 games out of last 12. So couple of disappointed loses or w/o before RG will not be end of the world and for me red clay TOP5 level performance which I really hope for Ana's this season at slowest surface means:

- to be important/crucial part of Serbian FED CUP historic SF win in Moscow. (equally acceptable scenario: to won both singles matches despite teams lose)
- to reach SF (at least) in Rome OR in Madrid. (equally acceptable scenario: to reach QF at both, or to reach Stuttgart final)
- to reach SF (at least) at French Open. (equally acceptable scenario: to lose before SF aggainst eventual RG2012 champion)

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #2
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (red hot) Ana on red clay 2012 season

Cp6uja, man

I see you are determined to ruin Ana's career
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #3
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Why, what did he do?
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #4
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Open the thread, lol.

I see you don't know Cp6uja is our local jinxer. When he opens the thread, you can count on Ana's sucking in the ensuing tournament.
Though, to be fair, she's been sucking in most other tournaments as well, but we like to pin it on Cp6uja.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #5
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

I see people like to pick on him, but I'm not exactly sure why. Ok, he sometimes makes not so relevant statistics, but most of the time I like reading how Ana did something extraordinary. He's always positive, which makes him a pleasant exception on this (sub)forum.
And the only scientifically proven jinxer was Izzy. j/k
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #6
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Go Ana on 2012 clay season!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #7
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Oh, the clay season is near, I can't believe. Spring is coming to Europe and clays starts to be popular. Ana is reaching this part of the season with a lot more self-confidence and with a big motivation. This is a big task for her, she must take it seriously. We can first start with that historic Fed Cup semifinal for our country. I hope she shows that she really cares about our national squad and tennis. Go!
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #8
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

does Ana has to defend anything on clay? I remember she had a poor clay season last year but this year we can see a different Ana... I am so much looking forward to the clay part of the season it would be nice to get players back on clay and see how they deal with this surface... one is starting to be a bit tired of that hard court tournament Spring welcome back to Europe!
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #9
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
does Ana has to defend anything on clay?
80 points, i think.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #10
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Ana's 2012 clay seasson schedule:

Fed Cup (-)
Stuttgart (no pts to defend)
Madrid (5 pts to defend)
Rome (70 pts to defend)
RG (5 pts to defend)

Only 80 points to defend and much more to take!
Good luck Ana!
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #11
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
I see people like to pick on him, but I'm not exactly sure why. Ok, he sometimes makes not so relevant statistics, but most of the time I like reading how Ana did something extraordinary. He's always positive, which makes him a pleasant exception on this (sub)forum.
And the only scientifically proven jinxer was Izzy. j/k
I agree. I like his posts, too. And I don't think his stats are anything out of the ordinary, at least not more extraordinary than various negatively biased Ana stats; many fans post similar threads on GM and I don't see similar reaction. But anything Ana related is overblown out of proportion, because she's got a lot of bad press on TF, so he is singled out too. I see a lot of stats threads that make as much sense or less than his.

Though, I think he also didn't help his case with that infamous VIP thread which instantly catapulted him to TF stardom

But he IS notorious for jinxing, so even if one doesn't believe in the power of jinxing, it's better that we stay on the safe side and somehow stop Cp6uja from opening any threads about forthcoming season/tournaments just in case
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #12
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
80 points, i think.
thanks! I guess it´s not too much to defend so I definitely believe she can do much better this year on clay....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #13
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Go Ana!
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:43 PM   #14
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

If Ana plays anywhere near her best during the clay season she should be back in the top 10 by the time Paris is over. Her horrendous results on clay these past few years are inexcusable considering how well her game adapts to the surface. Now that she's built some momentum in Indian Wells & Miami and has avoided significant injury things should really start to come together for her.

Onwards and upwards Ana!

Last edited by Stonerpova : Apr 3rd, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #15
country flag 18majors

The waiting is painful!