The Little Serena Thread - Anne-Liz Jeukeng - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 10:33 AM   #31
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of
Re: The Little Serena Thread - Anne-Liz Jeukeng

QR1: Romana TEDJAKUSUMA (INA) defeated Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) 6-2 6-0

didn'T expect it to be that clear, tought it would be tougher for the winner....

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #32

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

75K Phoenix:

QR1: JEUKENG, Anne-Liz (USA) vs BEENK, Nyla (USA)

gl anne!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #33

QR1: Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) defeated Nyla BEENK (USA) 6-4 6-3
QR2: Eugenie BOUCHARD (CAN) (2) Vs Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA)

keep it up, anne!

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #34

QR2: Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) defeated Eugenie BOUCHARD (CAN) (2) 7-6(5) 2-6 6-3
QR3: Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) Vs Krista HARDEBECK (USA) (6)

great upset anne, now get another one and qualify for the md!

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #35
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

She beat Bouchard! Nice!!

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #36

QR3: (6)Krista Hardebeck (USA) d. Anne-Liz Jeukeng (USA) 61 63

still a good result in QR2. keep it up!

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #37

25k Plantation:

QR1: JEUKENG, Anne-Liz (USA) vs GRAZIOSO, Federica (ITA)

go anne!

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #38

QR1: Federica GRAZIOSO (ITA) defeated Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) 6-2 6-2

better luck next time!

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #39

100k Midland:

R1: Shuai ZHANG (CHN) Vs Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA)(WC)

gl anne!

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #40

R1: Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) defeated Federica GRAZIOSO (ITA) 7-6(7) 3-6 6-2
R2: Lucie HRADECKA (CZE) (1) defeated Anne-Liz JEUKENG (USA) 6-2 7-5

at least one win!

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #41
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article on Anne-Liz

http://www.ourmidland.com/sports/art...f15181e0a.html

Jeukeng, 15, a rising star at Dow Corning Tennis Classic

Competing on the professional tennis tour is not always about nice hotels and comfy beds, as Anne-Liz Jeukeng and her father Nassaire have found out.
"When we first were playing tournaments, we stayed in our van," said Jeukeng, 15. "It was really hard to afford the traveling. It was very difficult and we tried our best to make it to the matches."

This week, Jeukeng, a Dow Corning Tennis Classic wild card entry, was able to check into a hotel and also won her first match before losing Thursday to top-seeded Lucie Hradecka, who's ranked No. 47 in the world.
"I was excited going into (the Hradecka match)," Jeukeng said. "I was hoping to play a good match and I think I accomplished that. This is the first time I've played anybody in the top-100. I've played a couple of players in the top-200 and got a couple of wins over them."

Hradecka won Thursday's match 6-2, 7-5, but not before Jeukeng put up a fight.
"I understood her game better in the second set," Jeukeng said. "I was able to really set up my points in the second set and able to get a lot of points moving into the net and finishing it there. But, the first set I was so defensive. It was really hard to get the ball back in the first set."

The 26-year-old Hradecka likes what she sees from Jeukeng, who's ranked 629th in the world.
"She has a very good future ahead," said Hradecka. "She played very well and has a very good serve."

Not only did Jeunkeng play well on the court, but she was also given the Larry Reed "Most Promising Newcomer" Award. Previous winners of the award were 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and 2011 French Open champion Li Na.

The journey for Jeukeng to Midland began in the African country of Cameroon, where she was born. Two years later, her family moved to Kansas City, Mo.
"I lived (in Kansas City) for nine years," said Jeukeng. "When I was 11, we moved to Boca Raton, Fla., where we currently live."

Jeukeng likes the individual competition that tennis provides.
"I enjoy tennis because it's one-on-one and very unique," she said. "The only other sport like it is boxing."

Helping her climb the tennis ladder is her dad, Nassaire, who doubles as her coach.
"I love it," she said. "I know that he wants the best for me all the time. If I listen to him, I'll make it."

For Jeukeng, making it means competing in the Grand Slams by the time she turns 16.
"To get there, I need to be out on the court every morning and late at night," she said. "I need to work on specifics with my father and work as hard as I possibly can. I think I need to work on everything to improve."

Her game includes a one-handed backhand, just like her idol Pete Sampras.
"I like my one-handed backhand," she said. "I think that is a unique aspect that most girls don't have. I like having that signature shot."

An accident several years ago forced the right-handed Jeukeng to take up a one-handed backhand.
"When I was eight years old, I fell on my left wrist and was in a cast for six months," she said. "I was forced to play a one-handed backhand. Since then, I've been playing that way."

The next stop for Jeukeng and her father will be the Indian Wells (Calif.) pre-qualifier from March 2-6.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #42
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

BTW the thread title is a bit
Can't picture anyone with a one handed backhand as a little Serena
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #43
country flag ARhyneMoment

ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all ARhyneMoment is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Nice article on Anne-Liz

http://www.ourmidland.com/sports/art...f15181e0a.html

Jeukeng, 15, a rising star at Dow Corning Tennis Classic

Competing on the professional tennis tour is not always about nice hotels and comfy beds, as Anne-Liz Jeukeng and her father Nassaire have found out.
"When we first were playing tournaments, we stayed in our van," said Jeukeng, 15. "It was really hard to afford the traveling. It was very difficult and we tried our best to make it to the matches."

This week, Jeukeng, a Dow Corning Tennis Classic wild card entry, was able to check into a hotel and also won her first match before losing Thursday to top-seeded Lucie Hradecka, who's ranked No. 47 in the world.
"I was excited going into (the Hradecka match)," Jeukeng said. "I was hoping to play a good match and I think I accomplished that. This is the first time I've played anybody in the top-100. I've played a couple of players in the top-200 and got a couple of wins over them."

Hradecka won Thursday's match 6-2, 7-5, but not before Jeukeng put up a fight.
"I understood her game better in the second set," Jeukeng said. "I was able to really set up my points in the second set and able to get a lot of points moving into the net and finishing it there. But, the first set I was so defensive. It was really hard to get the ball back in the first set."

The 26-year-old Hradecka likes what she sees from Jeukeng, who's ranked 629th in the world.
"She has a very good future ahead," said Hradecka. "She played very well and has a very good serve."

Not only did Jeunkeng play well on the court, but she was also given the Larry Reed "Most Promising Newcomer" Award. Previous winners of the award were 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and 2011 French Open champion Li Na.

The journey for Jeukeng to Midland began in the African country of Cameroon, where she was born. Two years later, her family moved to Kansas City, Mo.
"I lived (in Kansas City) for nine years," said Jeukeng. "When I was 11, we moved to Boca Raton, Fla., where we currently live."

Jeukeng likes the individual competition that tennis provides.
"I enjoy tennis because it's one-on-one and very unique," she said. "The only other sport like it is boxing."

Helping her climb the tennis ladder is her dad, Nassaire, who doubles as her coach.
"I love it," she said. "I know that he wants the best for me all the time. If I listen to him, I'll make it."

For Jeukeng, making it means competing in the Grand Slams by the time she turns 16.
"To get there, I need to be out on the court every morning and late at night," she said. "I need to work on specifics with my father and work as hard as I possibly can. I think I need to work on everything to improve."

Her game includes a one-handed backhand, just like her idol Pete Sampras.
"I like my one-handed backhand," she said. "I think that is a unique aspect that most girls don't have. I like having that signature shot."

An accident several years ago forced the right-handed Jeukeng to take up a one-handed backhand.
"When I was eight years old, I fell on my left wrist and was in a cast for six months," she said. "I was forced to play a one-handed backhand. Since then, I've been playing that way."

The next stop for Jeukeng and her father will be the Indian Wells (Calif.) pre-qualifier from March 2-6.
What a nice story...kinda Sharapovish. But good luck though .
ARhyneMoment is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #44
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

This girl is great! New_Balls_Please and I saw her at the Midland tournament (on Saturday, so after she lost) and noticed she was sitting by herself most of the day and we finally asked her if we could take a picture with her. We called her by name and she was so surprised and happy we knew who she was. She's so cute! She asked if we watched her match but said "no we just got here today, but you have so much talent, you have such a bright future ahead of you." And then told her she has so many fans online She was really sweet, and very calm and reserved. I really hope she does do great things I'm a huge fan of this girl now.
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #29 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #45
country flag spiceboy

Is she the new Niculescu??