Iva Mekovec cheering thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #46
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

Iva playing qualies of Offenbach G1 this weekend. As I understand it, there are only two quali rounds and Iva, as the 2nd seed, got a bye in the first. In the next, she'll play the winnner of a match between a girl who's the same age as Iva but ranked below 1300 in juniors, and a girl who's a year older, but ranked below #300 in juniors (11th seed). So this draw definately looks promissing, assuming that reaching the semis of a previous tournament didn't take too much out of Iva.

Btw, I see now that I definately don't understand the entry process in juniors, cause Iva entered this tournament with her "post Bonfiglio" ranking, which I thought was not possible. But she's still not in the Wimbledon draw

Anyway, good luck Iva
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #47
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Just like for pro tournaments, junior entry lists are based on rankings from several weeks before whereas seedings are based on rankings the week before. I'm pretty sure what happened is that Iva managed to barely squeeze into the Q entry list with her pre-Bonfiglio ranking of #450. Then, once she was in and it was time to do the seedings, the tournament had to use her post-Bonfiglio ranking of ~160. That's how she ended up as the #2 Q seed.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #48
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Just like for pro tournaments, junior entry lists are based on rankings from several weeks before whereas seedings are based on rankings the week before. I'm pretty sure what happened is that Iva managed to barely squeeze into the Q entry list with her pre-Bonfiglio ranking of #450. Then, once she was in and it was time to do the seedings, the tournament had to use her post-Bonfiglio ranking of ~160. That's how she ended up as the #2 Q seed.
Yup, you're right, I totally forgot about the seeding process.
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #49
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Very nice jump up in the rankings for Iva this week: from 159 to 129, a new CH!
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #50
country flag ma re

With the way she's been playing recently, I'd say that top100 is right around the corner for her.
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #51
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Iva playing qualies of Offenbach G1 this weekend. As I understand it, there are only two quali rounds and Iva, as the 2nd seed, got a bye in the first. In the next, she'll play the winnner of a match between a girl who's the same age as Iva but ranked below 1300 in juniors, and a girl who's a year older, but ranked below #300 in juniors (11th seed).
In QR2, Iva beat the #11 seed, Plauth, easily, 62 60.

Also, she got an excellent draw in the main tournament. In R1 she plays a local WC whose junior CH ranking is 417. If she wins she'll likely play the #16 seed, Danilina (#82).

Good luck, Iva!
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #52
country flag ma re

I think her result here will strickly depend on her fitness. Considering her recent results and this draw, it would be reasonable to expect her in R3, but she played 5 matches in the past 6 days (they were all very straightforward, finishing in two, with just two sets going to 5, but still...).

Best of luck in the main draw!
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #53
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Also, she got an excellent draw in the main tournament. In R1 she plays a local WC whose junior CH ranking is 417. If she wins she'll likely play the #16 seed, Danilina (#82).
Eaaaaaaasy: Iva MEKOVEC (CRO) def. Lisa-Marie MAETSCHKE (GER) 60 62

Danilina is next. Even if she loses, Iva will reach a new CH ranking next week, around 120-125.

Congrats and good luck!
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #54
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Iva
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #55
country flag ma re

Well done Iva!

When you see all these results she had lately, one has to wonder howcome she hadn't risem up the rankings earlier. Did she have helath problems or anything of the sort, which would prevent her from competing for extended periods of time? It wouldn't surprise me honestly, cause she's clearly too good for her ranking, and for many, many opponents.

GL in R2
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #56
country flag networthy

Quote:
When you see all these results she had lately, one has to wonder howcome she hadn't risem up the rankings earlier. Did she have helath problems or anything of the sort, which would prevent her from competing for extended periods of time?
I've wondered the same thing...
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #57
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #58
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well done Iva!

When you see all these results she had lately, one has to wonder howcome she hadn't risem up the rankings earlier. Did she have helath problems or anything of the sort, which would prevent her from competing for extended periods of time? It wouldn't surprise me honestly, cause she's clearly too good for her ranking, and for many, many opponents.

GL in R2
I think it is about confidence and believe in your self. She played great tournaments in seniors (probably without expectations and pressure as she was about 400s in junior ranks and if you are ranked in junior like that no one expects you to do miricales in seniors). And when you play without pressure it is just completely other thing. You are fullfillng all your potenital. On training all time you know you can, but you just can't show that on matches. I think she just broke this barrier at CRO 10k tournaments and once she proved herself she can do it, she just got wings for junior tour too! Seniors defenitely helped a lot as there is much bigger quality of tennis than in junior tournaments and after exhausting rallys at senior tour, matches at juniors probably became just "peace of cake". But all this is just my theory!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #59
country flag networthy

Offenbach R2: Iva MEKOVEC (CRO) defeated Anna DANILINA (KAZ) (16) 6-3 7-6(1)

Pretty much expected: Iva has been in very strong form and Danilina, while seeded, was the lowest of the seeds and ranked not that much higher that Iva.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #60
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

danilina just won a G2 a few weeks ago...iva ended her win streak