Iva Mekovec cheering thread - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 04:30 AM   #361
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
From 581 to 547 this week.
...and from 547 to 522 this week
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 06:26 AM   #362
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
...and from 547 to 522 this week
Nice. Next for her is a series of 10k's that'll take place in Bol starting May 5th, there'll be 6 consecutive tournaments taking place there.

EDIT: Also worth noting that she jumped significantly in the Race rankings this week as well, from 351 to 315!

Last edited by ma re : Apr 21st, 2014 at 08:18 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #363
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Bol 10k, R1 singles draw:

[5] I. Mekovec vs. (Q) A. Rajkovic (unranked)
(Q) N. Bulatovic vs. (WC) J. Fett

R1 doubles:

Lukas/Mekovec vs. J. Samardzic/K. Samardzic
[2] Mendesova/Tig BYE

Not crazy about the possibility of a 2nd round encounter with Fett in singles or with the doubles draw leading her and Lukas onto the 2nd seeds (assuming they make it through), but what can you do...

Good luck Iva!
Old May 6th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #364
country flag ma re

Doubles campaign opened in a nice fashion today...

Lukas/Mekovec def. J. Samardzic/K. Samardzic 6:0, 6:0

Now onto the second seeds.
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #365
country flag ma re

[5] I. Mekovec def. (Q) A. Rajkovic 6:3, 6:0

After the initial hickup (was a break down early in the match) got her act together and from then on it was pretty much a one-way street. Won almost twice as many points as her opponent (60:33).
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #366
country flag ma re

Doubles QF...

Lukas/Mekovec lt. [2] Mendesova/Tig 2:6, 5:7

This was a good effort against almost the best team in the draw, actually they were 2:6 0:4 down at one point but managed to get back only to lose towards the end of the set. Unfortunately when serving to stay in it at 5:6 they went 0:40 down, managed to save three BP/MP's only to lose on the deciding point. Still, not a bad showing I'd say.

As for singles, Iva will expectedly face Jana Fett in R2 after she defeated Bulatovic 6:2, 6:0 today.
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #367
country flag ma re

Iva through to the QF after Fett retired at 3:3 in the first set today.

Next she'll face Kocher (wta #813) who defeated the 2nd seeded Mendesova 5:7, 6:1, 6:2.
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #368
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Nice chance for a SF. Good luck, Iva!
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #369
country flag ma re

Into the semis

[5] I. Mekovec def. I. Kocher 6:4, 7:5
(LL) A. Lekaj def. [4] I. M. Bara 6:4, 6:3

Not an easy match today for Iva, she was trailing for most of the first set and found herself behind around the middle of the second as well, despite and early lead. Expecting an even tougher task tomorrow against Lekaj who is having a great run this week.

But a win is a win, and now we have a guaranteed Croatian finalist
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #370
country flag ma re

Tough luck today for Iva, her opponent created a total of 20 break point chances, of which she used 7 and deservedly went through to the finals. Luckily there'll be several more 10k's held in Bol in the upcoming weeks.

(LL) A. Lekaj def. [5] I. Mekovec 7:5, 6:2
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:04 AM   #371
country flag ma re

From 518 to 506 this week, and next Monday thanks to the last week's semifinal she'll enter top 500 for the first time (probably around 495).
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #372
country flag networthy

New CH ranking for Iva: #493
Old May 19th, 2014, 06:24 AM   #373
country flag ma re

Not sure why she's taking a break now that she can play all these consecutive 10k's in Bol (she played in only one and this week there's already 3rd underway), hope it's not an injury.
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM   #374
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Not sure why she's taking a break now that she can play all these consecutive 10k's in Bol (she played in only one and this week there's already 3rd underway), hope it's not an injury.
It is not, she just decided not to play.
Old May 31st, 2014, 07:50 AM   #375
country flag ma re

Next week will be the fourth consecutive week that she's not playing, and before the last time she played a tournament she also had a 4 week break, so this'll now be two months with just one tournament played.

Wonder what's going on with her.