Iva Mekovec cheering thread - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #331
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

After a rather slow start to the season, finally some nice news for Iva's fans. In R1 of Gonesse 10k, she drew the second seeded Hofmann (wta 323, c-h 315) and took her out in straights - 6:2, 7:6! And as a reward of sorts she now gets to play a qualifier (M. Wagemaker, wta 773) for a place in the quarterinal.

She is also playing doubles here and is a part of the top seeded team with Sotnikova, they have a bye in R1 and will play QF later today.

Hope this is a sign of some better times for Iva, as her only win this year (from two events played) came in singles QR1 in Grenoble 25k.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #332
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles QF:

[1]Mekovec/Sotnikova def. Van de Velde/Versteeg 6:2, 7:5

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #333
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
After a rather slow start to the season, finally some nice news for Iva's fans. In R1 of Gonesse 10k, she drew the second seeded Hofmann (wta 323, c-h 315) and took her out in straights - 6:2, 7:6! And as a reward of sorts she now gets to play a qualifier (M. Wagemaker, wta 773) for a place in the quarterinal.
Very nice win!

Winner of the R2 match gets either the #8 seed, Benamar, or an unranked 16 yo SE (she reached a $10K SF last week).

Good luck this week in both singles and doubles!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #334
country flag ma re

Singles R2:

Mekovec def. Wagemaker 6:3, 6:1

QF: Mekovec vs. [8] Benamar (416, c-h 408)

Doubles SF:

[4] Daniels/Hofmann def. [1] Mekovec/Sotnikova 6:4, 6:3

Shame about the dubs, but this is still a very good week overall, no matter what happens next! GL tomorrow Iva!
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #335
country flag ma re

Unfortunately...

Mekovec lt. [8] Benamar 4:6, 1:6

Not what we were hoping for, but you can't win them all. I wasn't really following this match, but what I do know is that the first set was a major break fest, with 7 breaks of serve overall. Looks like it was too much to handle for Iva as she apparently fell apart in the second. Oh well, not a bad week overall, a singles QF and a doubles SF is pretty good for her first solid tournament of the year. Looks like a week off is in order for Iva now.
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #336
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 06:39 AM   #337
country flag ma re

Slight improvements for Iva's ranking this week, went from 594 to 581 in singles, from 656 to 637 in doubles, but the most encouraging part is seeing that her 2014 results reflect in the race ranking well above her actual singles one, she is currently at 370

Those numbers will actually be put to a test again this week, as she takes part in Sibenik 10k, as a seeded player. Anne Schaefer (#236) is leading the field there.

Last edited by ma re : Mar 31st, 2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:46 PM   #338
country flag ma re

Mekovec v. Husaric 7:5, *0:0

I don't like how this day has started, first Ana V. going out rather surprisingly in R2, now Iva having problems in R1 against a player who is about to turn 20 and has never made it past #633, and after having a BP for 5:1 (afterwards she was also 4:5 down, btw).

Hope she can get her shit together, cause a loss here is definately not what she needs at this point.

P. S. And when I think that we also have Vekic, Tomljanovic, Lucic and Jurak in action today...
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 02:52 PM   #339
country flag ma re

7:5, 6:1

Not great, but at least the second set was much better.

Next either Brabant (Q) or Caluk (WC).
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:18 PM   #340
country flag ma re

10k Sibenik, singles R16:

[8]Mekovec def. (Q)Brabant 6:2, 6:1

Quarterfinal:

[8]Mekovec vs. (Q)Rutarova

A really nice chance coming up - try not to blow it after such a nice win today Iva
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #341
country flag ma re

Rutarova wasn't much of a problem, Iva is through to the semis in Sibenik after a 6:1, 6:3 win

Tomorrow it'll be a match against the winner of [7]Toljan and (Q)Reichel.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #342
country flag ma re

Sibenik 10k, semfinals:

[8]Mekovec def. [7]Toljan 6:0, 6:3
Jokic def. [6]Spremo 1:6, 6:3, 6:4

- - -

Final:

[8]Mekovec vs. Jokic

Go for it Iva
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #343
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Iva played against Jokic in Budva 10K final last year and won, let's hope that same will happen tomorrow
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #344
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

very nice. hope this result gets her into top500
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #345
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Jokic def. Mikulcic 6-4 6-1