Iva Mekovec cheering thread - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #316
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

Bol II 10k:

[4] Mekovec def. Hrabalova (-) 6:4, 6:2
[4] Mekovec def. Argyelan (902) 6:3, 6:4
[4] Mekovec def. Lukas (762) 7:5, 6:3

SF: [4] Mekovec vs. [1] Krejcikova

Another week, another semifinal for Iva - second in a row and her fourth this year (5th if we're counting doubles). This is her 21st win in the last 27 singles matches - looks like she's starting to become too good for 10k's. Good luck in the semis
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #317
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

[4] Mekovec def. [1] Krejcikova 6:3, 6:2

Unfortunately plays Spremo so there won't be a Croatian final, but Iva keeps on going

P. S. Don't know what's with her ranking...not long ago she was 590 or so and had nothing to defend (and played well so she'd defend any points anyway) and now after quite a few wins she is 649 And that's according to WTA; ITF states her ranking at 685. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #318
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
P. S. Don't know what's with her ranking...not long ago she was 590 or so and had nothing to defend (and played well so she'd defend any points anyway) and now after quite a few wins she is 649 And that's according to WTA; ITF states her ranking at 685. Am I missing something?
649 is this week's ranking while 685 is last week's (ITF is slow to update). The week before she failed to defend 15 points ($25K QF, from qualies) which is why her ranking had dropped.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #319
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
649 is this week's ranking while 685 is last week's (ITF is slow to update). The week before she failed to defend 15 points ($25K QF, from qualies) which is why her ranking had dropped.
Figured it all out in the meantime, but thanks In fact, she earned more since the start of October and now than she did in the same period last year, but is ranked much lower.

Last edited by ma re : Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #320
country flag ma re

Won the title!!!

[4] Mekovec def. [3] Spremo 6:7, 6:0, 6:3
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #321
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

That's great! Adding to a long list of CRO girls who won a title this year.
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #322
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Happy for her
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #323
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
That's great! Adding to a long list of CRO girls who won a title this year.

That's 13 singles pro titles this year from ten players: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....13&postcount=1

Iva had already won one this year so she's not "adding" to the list, strictly speaking, but it's still great
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #324
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Congrats Iva!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #325
country flag networthy

Somehow, Mekovec/Mikulcic lost to a team of unranked players, both juniors (Bol IV QF)
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #326
country flag ma re

As long as she is going forward in singles I'm really not bothered by losses in doubles. Not to mention that she played a lot lately so this may prove to be a good thing in the end. She expectedly cleared singles R1 today (4 & 0 against M. Pantuckova; 2 weeks ago it was 3 & 3), here's hoping for the same tomorrow
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #327
country flag ma re

R2:

Mekovec def. Bacic 6:3, 6:2
Mikulcic def. Curnic 6:2, 6:1

QF: Mekovec vs. Mikulcic (again )
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #328
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
R2:

Mekovec def. Bacic 6:3, 6:2
Mikulcic def. Curnic 6:2, 6:1

QF: Mekovec vs. Mikulcic (again )
Nice scoreline, I'm happy that both of them are playing well. At least there'll be a CRO-girl in semifinal
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #329
country flag ma re

This was Iva's 25th singles win in the last 31 matches. Too bad it's November and, most probably, her last tournament of the season, cause it would be great to transfer this momentum onto the bigger events. Oh well, hopefully she'll make the most of the off-season.
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #330
country flag ma re

Lost 3:6, 6:1, 1:6...well, at least it was to one of ours and if nothing she gave it a fight. Must be tired as well after playing for so many consecutive weeks lately. I'd say she can overall be satisfied with this season, eventhough she hasn't made a significant progress in terms of rankings. She did, however, achieve something which is even more valuable IMO and that's consistency - something that's hard for the vast majority of players to reach, even if only at a 10k level.

Iva is another reason I'm looking forward to 2014