Weeks at #1 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many weeks do you expect Caro to top the rankings?

>377 weeks 3 7.89%
333-377 weeks 0 0%
261-332 weeks 1 2.63%
210-260 weeks 3 7.89%
179-209 weeks 2 5.26%
124-178 weeks 10 26.32%
118-123 weeks 3 7.89%
99-117 weeks 4 10.53%
40-98 weeks 10 26.32%
27-39 weeks 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #31
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weeks at #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
She will now stay No. 1 also after US Open 2011. (As some other players in TOP 10 who had the chance for No. 1 also lost early in Cincy...)

After US Open there's some MM's, but i don't think the TOP players have Entered them, so Caro will likely stay No. 1 atleast untill after PPO (Japan Open)
I have to say that unless she has a fantastic result at the US Open (either making the final or winning) that is disappointing news. At this point clinging to the number one ranking while performing well below her potential is only going to add more pressure and mess with her head.

Of course I am a fan of Caroline and I want her to keep the number one ranking but she needs to get out of this mini slump that she is in. I do not think it will be good for her to keep the ranking while having disappointing results.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #32
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I have to say that unless she has a fantastic result at the US Open (either making the final or winning) that is disappointing news. At this point clinging to the number one ranking while performing well below her potential is only going to add more pressure and mess with her head.

Of course I am a fan of Caroline and I want her to keep the number one ranking but she needs to get out of this mini slump that she is in. I do not think it will be good for her to keep the ranking while having disappointing results.
I don't know, just like the split from Piotr, losing the ranking could go both ways. We know she takes a lot of pride and comfort in the fact that she's ranked #1.... losing it would free her from some of the pressure but it could also mean a blow for her confidence... and confidence is what she needs the most now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #33
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she continues this current level, she has no chance at YE #1.
If she goes back to playing her regular style, she has a chance for it.

I agree with people who say she regressed after IW. She was not as good Miami-Wimbledon as before.
But the last 2 weeks she is not top 50.

These last 2 weeks make me think she doesnt want #1 anymore.
But playing like this at the USO could embarrass her. I think she has to try her best and not pretend her forehand is a weapon.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #34
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If she continues this current level, she has no chance at YE #1.
If she goes back to playing her regular style, she has a chance for it.

I agree with people who say she regressed after IW. She was not as good Miami-Wimbledon as before.
But the last 2 weeks she is not top 50.

These last 2 weeks make me think she doesnt want #1 anymore.
But playing like this at the USO could embarrass her. I think she has to try her best and not pretend her forehand is a weapon.
Why are you so negative all of a sudden? I don't get it... you keep on saying how it looks like she has lost interest... would she have dropped Piotr if she had lost interest? This change requires an insane amount of work from her... the easiest and safest thing would have been to stick to Piotr... but she didn't.

Cut her some slack, there won't be immediate success...expecting that will just set you up for disappointment.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #35
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This should be her time of year. The hardcourts, where she has her best success.
If she cant win a set now, I think there is something wrong, very wrong.
Her last 2 USO's are final, semifinal.
If she loses round 1 as #1 seed, I think the media will be extremely negative to her.

So I dont understand what she's doing right before her best major

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #36
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:

So I dont understand what she's doing right before her best major
Because she can use the rest of the year and the tournaments to practice while still maintaining a respectable ranking even if worse comes to worse. That way, she should be tried and proven with the new coach already going into 2012.

If she would have postponed that switch until the winter she would go into 2012 without any match practice since the switch, not a good idea.

Plus, given the fact that she has been on a minor downward spiral since Miami, it's not very likely that she would have won the USO...it's not like she's been giving a sure slam title away.

I think the time for the switch is now, that way she can go fresh and focused into 2012 and start over there. The fact that most of her followers are yet unable to capitalize on her losses is fortunate because it softens the blow even more.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #37
country flag goldenlox

I understand that. I thought maybe she could tinker with her game while still be able to beat players like McHale.
I hope she and her coach understand what her skill set is. She is an extremely gifted defensive player. And it took her years of hard work to get there.

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #38
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Well, if we assume it is Mortensen (the evidence is piling up) then we don't have to worry whether or not he knows her or understands her game.

If we can figure out what her strengths and weaknesses are, chances are the new coach will be able to tell as well

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #39
country flag goldenlox

I'll be watching like everyone else.
I just think a top level player, healthy, going into her best major, should be trying her best to win now. She might not be healthy 12 months from now.
After the USO start experimenting.

But its her decision, and I hope things turn out well.

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #40
country flag QuietPlease

QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
She will now stay No. 1 also after US Open 2011. (As some other players in TOP 10 who had the chance for No. 1 also lost early in Cincy...)

After US Open there's some MM's, but i don't think the TOP players have Entered them, so Caro will likely stay No. 1 atleast untill after PPO (Japan Open)
If she manages to keep #1 in Tokyo there's a big risk she could lose the #1 rank in Beijing (defending 1000 points) - the very place she first claimed the #1 spot!!!

2006 Year End #237 - 2007 Year End #64 - 2008 Year End #12 - 2009 Year End #4

2010 Year End #1
2011 Year End #1

2012 Year End #10 - 2013 Year End #10
QuietPlease is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #41
country flag QuietPlease

QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future

@Goldenlux and Jimmie48: interesting discussion. I think the coach change should have come right after Wimbledon, so the new coach would have some time to prepare her for the USO.
I don't understand the timing. This close to a major? Why not after the USO?

I hope she gets her confidence back. At least before the YEC, otherwise it's gonna be a loooong of-season!

2006 Year End #237 - 2007 Year End #64 - 2008 Year End #12 - 2009 Year End #4

2010 Year End #1
2011 Year End #1

2012 Year End #10 - 2013 Year End #10
QuietPlease is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #42
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlease View Post
@Goldenlux and Jimmie48: interesting discussion. I think the coach change should have come right after Wimbledon, so the new coach would have some time to prepare her for the USO.
I don't understand the timing. This close to a major? Why not after the USO?

I hope she gets her confidence back. At least before the YEC, otherwise it's gonna be a loooong of-season!
The coaching change has not happened yet, right?
So dont I understand why she's making 40 errors in these 2 set losses.
Her best major is coming, she should be trying to peak. Save the experimenting for when she has her new coach watching and telling her what to do?

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #43
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
The coaching change has not happened yet, right?
It probably has, the articles say that she made the decision after Wimbledon and that Piotr is still there because the coach can't travel with her yet. To me that sounds like she's already using the new coach, he's just not present at tournaments yet.

But nobody really knows, it's all guessing games right now. The fact that she makes so much errors suggests that she's trying something new though and the switch is already in progress. Like Piotr said "She dosen't know what to do on court", she would know if she would stick to her usual plan.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #44
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

as of August 15, 2011

Code:
			HR	No.1	Top-3	Top-5	Top-10	Top-20

S Williams		 1	123	207	289	516	608
J Henin	      	         1	117	176	238	344	406
C Wozniacki		 1	 44      62	 98	118	158
A Mauresmo		 1	 39	155	202	339	503
D Safina		 1	 26	 85	 88	116	240
K Clijsters		 1	 20	182	288	338	423
J Jankovic		 1	 18	 89	132	226	290
M Sharapova		 1	 17	105	202	259	349
A Ivanovic		 1	 12	 36	 81	108	246
V Williams		 1	 11	213	341	554	643
S Kuznetsova		 2		 56	176	284	369
V Zvonareva		 2		 45	 54	144	305

Just updated with the rest of the former #1's and Sveta (well, she's still in front of Vera) and Vera (not an impossible next #1).
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #45
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

as of August 22, 2011

Code:
			HR	No.1	Top-3	Top-5	Top-10	Top-20

S Williams		 1	123	207	289	516	608
J Henin	      	         1	117	176	238	344	406
C Wozniacki		 1	 45      63	 99	119	159
A Mauresmo		 1	 39	155	202	339	503
D Safina		 1	 26	 85	 88	116	240
K Clijsters		 1	 20	183	289	339	424
J Jankovic		 1	 18	 89	132	226	291
M Sharapova		 1	 17	105	203	260	350