Poetry & Literature Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM   #91
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Poetry & Literature Thread

Nice

Read The Book Thief yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:22 PM   #92
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

^ That's directed at Karla, right?
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:23 PM   #93
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
^ That's directed at Karla, right?
Yes, but you can tell me if you've read it too
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM   #94
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

^ Pretty sure I haven't. Btw, I'm working on an Ode for you too!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM   #95
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
^ Pretty sure I haven't. Btw, I'm working on an Ode for you too!!!
In that case you should. It's great. Read it two or three times now and keep ending up with wet eyes
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM   #96
country flag chmath

^ For sure, I will. I'll go on Amazon and try to find a copy. Settling in to watch Lyon-Ajax, after which I'll do your Ode!
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #97
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
^ For sure, I will. I'll go on Amazon and try to find a copy. Settling in to watch Lyon-Ajax, after which I'll do your Ode!
Lyon-Ajax is going to be a mess but lets not corrupt this thread with talk of the war that is Ajax right now

And yes, read it.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:33 PM   #98
country flag chmath

^ Will do. Btw, in response to your comment about my 'nice try', as long as you know that I love you, it's fine if you don't make the effort!!!
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 01:52 PM   #99
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Nice

Read The Book Thief yet?
My friend who borrowed it is still not finished with the book. Sigh. Maybe you should lend me your copy?

BTW, my friend who had finished reading it told me that the book is indeed waterworks-inducing. Is it sadder than The Solitude of Prime Numbers?
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 04:20 PM   #100
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
My friend who borrowed it is still not finished with the book. Sigh. Maybe you should lend me your copy?

BTW, my friend who had finished reading it told me that the book is indeed waterworks-inducing. Is it sadder than The Solitude of Prime Numbers?
Different. The style is totally different, but the story is definitely set
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #101
country flag macginity

macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold

And just today I found out that we have an intellectual thread in here.
My attention never ceases to amaze me.

"and eternity my friend is a long fucking time"
macginity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:16 AM   #102
country flag chmath

Disgraceful! LOL. A Happy New Year to you Macsie!
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #103
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macginity View Post
And just today I found out that we have an intellectual thread in here.
My attention never ceases to amaze me.
Can't really blame you macG. Who would have thought this place would actually have an intellectual thread.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #104
country flag macginity

macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Disgraceful! LOL. A Happy New Year to you Macsie!
Happy new year, Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Can't really blame you macG. Who would have thought this place would actually have an intellectual thread.
I wouldn't, I must say. But it was a nice surprise, even if poetry it's not really my thing.

"and eternity my friend is a long fucking time"
macginity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #105
country flag chmath

A quick poem by William Blake, titled "To The Muses"

It is of course a reference to the three most prominent muses, Fernanda, Karla and Linda (listing is alphabetical, no order of preference shown naturally), indeed, the lyrics aptly point out the innate beauty, wit and inspiration that you all are:

To The Muses by William Blake

Whether on Ida's shady brow,
Or in the chambers of the East,
The chambers of the sun, that now
From ancient melody have ceas'd;

Whether in Heav'n ye wander fair,
Or the green corners of the earth,
Or the blue regions of the air,
Where the melodious winds have birth;

Whether on crystal rocks ye rove,
Beneath the bosom of the sea
Wand'ring in many a coral grove,