Poetry & Literature Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #76
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Poetry & Literature Thread

i've had a great and crazy idea last week and today (thanks to the forced rest given me by the fever) i elaborated that idea of writing a cooking-adventur book
i know it's absolutly insane, but i guess it would be fun of doing it and maybe for the others to read it. It is supposed to be a diary of an italian cook around 1800 who decided to travel around the world. My attempt is to introduce few interesting recipes in an adventurous way like odd short stories followed by a kind of standard setting and layout of the recipe itself.

what do you think about it?

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #77
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
i've had a great and crazy idea last week and today (thanks to the forced rest given me by the fever) i elaborated that idea of writing a cooking-adventur book
i know it's absolutly insane, but i guess it would be fun of doing it and maybe for the others to read it. It is supposed to be a diary of an italian cook around 1800 who decided to travel around the world. My attempt is to introduce few interesting recipes in an adventurous way like odd short stories followed by a kind of standard setting and layout of the recipe itself.

what do you think about it?
1) Sorry to hear you are not well G-Man
2) As a base-line, foundation, I think it's absolutely brilliant.
3) You should do it. It doesn't matter if it takes you months or years to write, some of the best novels have taken ages to compose.
4) Before you start, there are two basic issues you have to address:
a) Are you aiming to write a narrative, an 'adventure' of sorts(?) or, will you be trying to highlight issues such as cultural diversity and mutual reciprocity with food as a medium? What I'm trying to say is, will your 'cook' be a cook because he has to have a vocation and this gives him the opportunity to travel, or is him/her being a cook the foundation for making subtle points of a sociological nature?
5) Try to create a mock draft and speak to publishers beforehand about your idea. Most often, publishers will want to read a manuscript, however both on-line and in Newsweek you will find publishers issuing invitations for manuscripts or projects. It never hurts to ask around. At least I found, with my own publications, that having the tacit support of a publisher was very helpful, because they often provide free editorial support and proof reading.

If you need anything, drop me a line here or on fb, or we can get on skype for a chat.

C
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #78
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

I'm reading through a collection of poems a friend of mine has written and I came across this one, tbh I think it's marvelous, so, in turn, I'd like to dedicate it to all the posters in this forum, for making it a fun and very special place:

A FRIEND FROM ABOVE....

I prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.

I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
I the troubles of these days.

So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.

The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.

When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent.

* For those of you of a non-religious connotation, I apologize for the references, however, I simply copy-pasted it as is...
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #79
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris. It's a very nice poem. I like the third stanza the most. I believe that's what a good friend really is.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #80
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

^True
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #81
country flag chmath

^ I'm glad you both liked it...
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #82

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Thanks Chris. It's a very nice poem. I like the third stanza the most. I believe that's what a good friend really is.
add me to the list it's amazingly true

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #83
country flag chmath

Quote:
add me to the list it's amazingly true
Hey G-man, how are you feeling today?
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #84

hi Chris! much better, i dare say i'm relived

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #85
country flag chmath

Quote:
hi Chris! much better, i dare say i'm relived
Great Giulio. Now, get cracking on with that book idea of yours! In fact, it's such a brilliant idea, I'm off to give you reputation for it!!
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
a) Are you aiming to write a narrative, an 'adventure' of sorts(?) or, will you be trying to highlight issues such as cultural diversity and mutual reciprocity with food as a medium? What I'm trying to say is, will your 'cook' be a cook because he has to have a vocation and this gives him the opportunity to travel, or is him/her being a cook the foundation for making subtle points of a sociological nature?

5) Try to create a mock draft and speak to publishers beforehand about your idea. Most often, publishers will want to read a manuscript, however both on-line and in Newsweek you will find publishers issuing invitations for manuscripts or projects. It never hurts to ask around. At least I found, with my own publications, that having the tacit support of a publisher was very helpful, because they often provide free editorial support and proof reading.

If you need anything, drop me a line here or on fb, or we can get on skype for a chat.

C
so to point a) it is a cook because it has to be a cook in order to be possible to introduce the recipes in the middle of his adventures i'll be reporting as a diary. so the main aim of the book is to be a recipes' book, but i want it to be narrative as well that's why i'm creating this character.

5) i've no ideas of who should be asked and most of all i'm not sure how long will it take for me to work this whole thing out and i don't want to feel the pressure of someone who's asking eventually for it.

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #87
country flag chmath

Quote:
so to point a) it is a cook because it has to be a cook in order to be possible to introduce the recipes in the middle of his adventures i'll be reporting as a diary. so the main aim of the book is to be a recipes' book, but i want it to be narrative as well that's why i'm creating this character.

5) i've no ideas of who should be asked and most of all i'm not sure how long will it take for me to work this whole thing out and i don't want to feel the pressure of someone who's asking eventually for it.
1) No joking whatsoever, not trying to be nice, it's one of the best ideas I've heard of.

2) I'll send you a list by Monday. If you don't like what you hear, do it independently.
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #88

thank you a lot

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #89
country flag chmath

Quote:
thank you a lot
You're welcome. Sorry about your biking incidents, v. glad you're ok
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 05:22 PM   #90
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Bump!

A very nice poem from Edgar Allan Poe...

For you are a name, a spirit, a soul
I have no image of you, only one which I've grown
a name you are, true comfort and bliss
and when you don't write, for you I do miss

Beauty I'm told is something quite rare
for which I seek, in the depths of despair
yet for all I hold true and know that is fair
you are my beauty, my love and my care

Alas I will rise when morning comes stead
And know I won't see you climbing out of our bed
I wish I could hold you and kiss you so true
for all that I love is that which is you

I beg you take comfort in this crescendo of words
if I could I'd flock to you like migrating birds
for as the wind blows and travels afar
I blow you a kiss, for your cheek to mar.

Thank you Chris.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote