Bold Prediction: Garbine will end 2015 in the Top 5, Pliskova in Top 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:15 PM   #1
country flag rafeclarke123

rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold rafeclarke123 is a splendid one to behold
Bold Prediction: Garbine will end 2015 in the Top 5, Pliskova in Top 10

This is a bold prediction but it is how I feel right now.

Garbine has 1st round exits in Wimbledon and US Open aswell as barely any points to defend in Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome therefore I have a sneaky feeling, if she is consistent (and she has been so far this year and the later end of 2014) then she can do it. FO is the only worry.

Pliskova the same but I feel she may fall off a little with many points to defend towards the end of the year.

What do you all think?

Tennis <3

R.I.P to Elena Baltacha, a wonderful lady and tennis player.
rafeclarke123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:17 PM   #2
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future
Re: Bold Prediction: Garbine will end 2015 in the Top 5, Pliskova in Top 10

I really dont see the fuss with Pliskova, yes she has great serve, but way too depend on it and take the serve out and she is really limited. I can see the fuss with Mug, even though this year will be progress andf she will be top 10
Mario101 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM   #3
country flag Molok

Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold Molok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
I really dont see the fuss with Pliskova, yes she has great serve, but way too depend on it and take the serve out and she is really limited. I can see the fuss with Mug, even though this year will be progress andf she will be top 10
Pliskova has better ground strokes than half of current TOP10. She is only limited with speed and footwork. She is not serving well last couple of weeks and it did not stop her from winning matches.

Karo Pliskova Garbi Muguruza Lucka Safarova Eka Makarova Ana Ivanovic Venus Williams
Molok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #4
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

Pliskova top 10 is possible. Mug top 5 is doubtfull in my opinion.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #5
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
No. Pliskova has very good groundies. She has the strength to hit winners from way behind the baseline or she can turn defense to offense and hit winners from well within the court.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #6
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Garbine won't finish top 5 this year unless she wins a slam or something. I will say 7 or 8. Pliskova will finish 10-15 imo

Check out the latest WTA previews and reviews at: http://tennisatlantic.com/category/niall-clarke/
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 06:59 PM   #7
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caroline in 2015!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

My Bold Prediction, Karo may be Top 10 latest after Miami...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:07 PM   #8
country flag FreeSpiritRebell

FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute FreeSpiritRebell has a reputation beyond repute

Keys and Svitolina are better.
FreeSpiritRebell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:09 PM   #9
Rogue.

Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of Rogue. has much to be proud of

Top 5 is bold for Muguruza. If she makes a slam final or wins one it's totally possible, but otherwise that would require a level of consistency that I'm not sure she has yet.

I haven't seen enough of Pliskova to make a prediction, but her results so far this year are very encouraging.
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:11 PM   #10
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Because they beat Radwanska and Safarova? I feel ya.
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #11
country flag fairland90

fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light fairland90 is a glorious beacon of light

Muguruza will wind up top 15, like Lucie in 2014. She's good but not yet a Top5 material. Even a GS goat Genie didn't finish top5 last year.
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #12
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

I love Garbine but I think her movement is not where it should be.

Then again if she gets top 5 with weak movement then more credit to the other components of her game.

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #13
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested to see this semi, and I think Pliskova is a better player than Muguruza. I saw Giorgi hit Garbine off the court, and even today, Garbine made a lot of bad errors.
Pliskova has more power, better serve and Garbine will have to hope Karo is nervous, but Garbine looked nervous today too.

Garbine reminds me of a right handed Makarova. Both have a ton of possible weapons, but are very sloppy.
Pliskova is very tall, I see a young Sharapova type.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #14
country flag thejuju

thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold

We don't know how these players will deal with spotlight, they have been flying under radar till now. Once they enter top 5 or win a slam, we will know how their career will turn out. There's a reason why many players buckle under expectations and spotlight.
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM   #15
country flag eldanielfire
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute

Both are a dark horse bet to enter the top 10. I'm sure one of them will. Can't see to 5 though with Williams, Sharapova, Kvitova, Halep, Ibanovic and la Borz. I can't see Radwanska not improving either.