How tennis players would accept Oscars - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #1
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold
How tennis players would accept Oscars

http://tennis.si.com/2014/02/28/osca...rena-williams/

Quote:
Sloane Stephens: ”Like, wow. I mean … COME ON! I’m sorry, was that disrespectful? When I didn’t win at the Globes, I was like, ‘That’s OK, I think I’ll do better at the really big event.’ Which is cool. Except that now the attention is going to be out of control. I mean, it was, like, already overwhelming — the paparazzi, the autograph hounds, the press with their questions. Now it’s like, ‘Can I even go outside?’ I mean, that’s why I packed an overnight bag. I’ll probably stay here as long as I can. Is my girl Miley here? Call me, girl!”
Quote:
Maria Sharapova: “This is a wonderful moment for me. It’s been an incredible journey for me to stand up in front of you here tonight and win this amazing award. You know, when you’re putting in all those long hours on the practice courts where, you know, nobody is watching, obviously you’re putting that work in hopefully for days like today. I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my father, Yuri, for having the belief and courage to give up everything and move to America so I could pursue my dreams. I know he’s here somewhere, the suspicious man in the camouflage hoodie and sunglasses. And, of course, a heartfelt thanks to Serena for taking the year off. I couldn’t have won this without
you.”
Quote:
Serena Williams: “Wow, oh my gosh. I can’t believe this. To my God, Jehovah, who gives me strength. To my mom and dad, the best coaches ever. And my best friend and sister Venus, who inspires me every day to work harder. This one is for my son, Chip. Momma’s comin’ home with a new chew toy, baby!” [Crip-walks off the stage]
Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: “Ajde! [fist-pumps, twirls] Ican’tbelieveityouknowbecausewhenIwasakidinSerbiaI alwaysdreamedofthisandIneverknewifitwouldhappen. EvenwhenIwasreadingmylinesandpracticingfortheschoo lplayinanemptyswimmingpoolIalwaysdreamedofthis. Thank you so much. This is daaaaaafinately the best night of my life.”
Quote:
Li Na: First, I would like to say, Thanks very much. It’s not easy to be the first Chinese to win this award, but I would like to say that I’m not representing all of China. I’m just one person. I dedicate this award to my husband, most famous husband in Hollywood [audience laughs]. He’s not handsome like Brad Pitt or charming like George Clooney [audience laughs], and I know he snores worse than Meryl Streep [audience laughs], but he is my leading man in the life and I will love him until he leaves me. Now to my agent, Max, go make me even richer, like Oprah, so he doesn’t leave me. Thanks a lot.”
Quote:
Jelena Jankovic: “Oh my goooooooodness. I can’t believe this is happening to me but, you know, I’m just so happy that I wore the glitter tonight. But anyway. I have to thank my brother, Marko. I know I yell at you like I’m crazy all the time, but I love you and you always believed in me. And how could you not? I bring the light! And the joy!”
at Ana's
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #2
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How tennis players would accept Oscars

Vika would scream, give her team a serious look and twirl her pointer finger.

And then dance awkwardly....

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Na's can be done better with more grammar mistakes though and I doubt she knows Meryl Streep/Oprah/George Clooney.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #4
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

at Rafa's:

Quote:
Rafael Nadal: [Takes his time getting to the stage]
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #5
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Alize:

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #6
country flag aselto

aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater718 View Post

at Ana's
They dropped the ball with Ana. There should be something about her being very pleased to be 'true' to the next ceremony.
aselto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #7
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Jankovic already won one?
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #8
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Ana is always very exciting. They missed that. She hasn't mentioned the swimming pool thing in years. It is true, though, she does not breathe within a sentence.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #9
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sloane Stephens: ”Like, wow. I mean … COME ON! I’m sorry, was that disrespectful? When I didn’t win at the Globes, I was like, ‘That’s OK, I think I’ll do better at the really big event.’ Which is cool. Except that now the attention is going to be out of control. I mean, it was, like, already overwhelming — the paparazzi, the autograph hounds, the press with their questions. Now it’s like, ‘Can I even go outside?’ I mean, that’s why I packed an overnight bag. I’ll probably stay here as long as I can. Is my girl Miley here? Call me, girl!

Quote:
Maria Sharapova: “This is a wonderful moment for me. It’s been an incredible journey for me to stand up in front of you here tonight and win this amazing award. You know, when you’re putting in all those long hours on the practice courts where, you know, nobody is watching, obviously you’re putting that work in hopefully for days like today. I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my father, Yuri, for having the belief and courage to give up everything and move to America so I could pursue my dreams. I know he’s here somewhere, the suspicious man in the camouflage hoodie and sunglasses. And, of course, a heartfelt thanks to Serena for taking the year off. I couldn’t have won this without
you.
Kii

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: “Ajde! [fist-pumps, twirls] Ican’tbelieveityouknowbecausewhenIwasakidinSerbia I alwaysdreamedofthisandIneverknewifitwouldhappen. EvenwhenIwasreadingmylinesandpracticingfortheschoo lplayinanemptyswimmingpoolIalwaysdreamedofthis. Thank you so much. This is daaaaaafinately the best night of my life.”
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #10
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute

those were pretty damn good!

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #11
country flag Fuzzylogic

Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maria Sharapova: “This is a wonderful moment for me. It’s been an incredible journey for me to stand up in front of you here tonight and win this amazing award. You know, when you’re putting in all those long hours on the practice courts where, you know, nobody is watching, obviously you’re putting that work in hopefully for days like today. I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my father, Yuri, for having the belief and courage to give up everything and move to America so I could pursue my dreams. I know he’s here somewhere, the suspicious man in the camouflage hoodie and sunglasses. And, of course, a heartfelt thanks to Serena for taking the year off. I couldn’t have won this without you.”
Fuzzylogic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #12
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's quote requires more product placement.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #13
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Si

Simna

سيمونا
mido1988 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #14
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future

Daaafinately just made me die
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - King - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek and the Dutch Squad - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko - Wozniak
MarkNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #15
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I can see Jelena accepting hers in her bed.

For the love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote