National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #91
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
WOW

Gibbs d. Will (6) 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6(3), saved 4 match points

So deserved by Gibbs, incredible forehands under pressure, never stopped being aggressive. Not sure why Allie was being so passive. She has a great forehand, and she would often use it once, only to hit about 10 moonballs after that. Barte/Gibbs should be good!
I've always said that about Allie. She's a big girl who can hit a big ball when she wants too but always plays way too defensively.

Also, Stacey Tan is one of the quiestest players out there. Gullickson (who was used as an example) gives more "come on's" than Stacey does...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #92
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Gibbs is such a great competitor. Very memorial match.Credit Will for coming back in the second. But Gibb was even cramping in wrist and leg a fought through.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #93
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Ugh, Stacey Tan and her annoying antics prevail over Ellis, who has a great game, just too inconsistent, 6-4 7-6(6)
failed to notice that when watching the Will vs Gibbs match on the next court.
IMaybe because Stacey is so quiet , my ear cant hear her top of the lungs sream.
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #94
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God Nicole. Never thought she would pull it out after she dropped that second set.

Now can't wait for either her or Hilary to trash Embree in the final.
iPatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #95
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
failed to notice that when watching the Will vs Gibbs match on the next court.
IMaybe because Stacey is so quiet , my ear cant hear her top of the lungs sream.
Allie Will is someone who can deafen you with her primal screams
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #96
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Thank God Nicole. Never thought she would pull it out after she dropped that second set.

Now can't wait for either her or Hilary to trash Embree in the final.
I don't think Nicole beats Hilary after today. Nicole's got a lot of injuries going on plus it would take a lot of nerve to beat Hilary in her last college tournament But I think the Chelsey/Jana vs. Hilary match is the defacto final. The bottom half is so weak
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #97
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I meant to joke, that because Stacey Tan definitely is so quiet, her "top of the lungs screams" are not even noticed by one sitting on the next court. If a small voice screams its loudest, it could be still quiet.
Old May 28th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #98
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
and thats why i love her. she just needs to transfer that screaming energy into her big forehands...
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #99
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
and thats why i love her. she just needs to transfer that screaming energy into her big forehands...
Old May 28th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #100
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

12 Noon tomorrow - Barte vs Gibbs. Can't wait...looking forward to a great match. Best part: No Moonballs!! haha

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #101
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Andersson looking dangerous here

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #102
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Jenkins or whoever responsible for it made a CARDINAL (yeah it's fitting ) error by misspelling coach Forood's name to FArood

It's right there on the message board in front of the Main Stadium, clipped newspaper for
all to see

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #103
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Bryan Jenkins or whoever responsible for it made a CARDINAL (yeah it's fitting ) error by misspelling coach Forood's name to FArood

It's right there on the message board in front of the Main Stadium, clipped newspaper for
all to see
Bruce Jenkins is a great writer and avid tennis fan. He is the main reason I still subscribe to the SF Chron - yes, I subscribe to a newspaper! haha

Funny thing is that Forood's name was spelled correctly earlier in the column. I'm just happy college tennis got some pub...tennis flies so low under the radar in the media, you can imagine college tennis is really far underground.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #104
country flag 2nd_serve

Second that. Bruce Jenkins is a good sports writer, and has written some memorial columns about tennis. But, its not enough to get me to subscribe to the Chronicle.
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #105
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
12 Noon tomorrow - Barte vs Gibbs. Can't wait...looking forward to a great match. Best part: No Moonballs!! haha
The match could have a weird feel for the Stanford fans, Stanford vs. Stanford. If Gibbs wins, it would be legend, considering how tough her match was yesterday, etc.