National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #61
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future
Re: National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments

UFGatorFan --

yeah, it would be great if you could see all six courts at the same time. That is why I wound up sitting on the south side of Court 1 against the wall, so if I stood, I could look over and still see courts 4-6.

But in FL, do the courts seat as many people as at Stanford?

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #62
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
UFGatorFan --

yeah, it would be great if you could see all six courts at the same time. That is why I wound up sitting on the south side of Court 1 against the wall, so if I stood, I could look over and still see courts 4-6.

But in FL, do the courts seat as many people as at Stanford?
Seat about 1000, maybe a little more.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #63
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
That may all be true, but I disagree with the facility. The way the courts are split up is not good for the sport, the fans or the teams. It simply isn't. How many people saw the 4-6 matches? Those all count just the same, and there was great drama on the back courts, but who got to see it other than a few there and those watching on tv? Emotion is huge in college tennis and I like a setup where all 6 courts are side by side by side and the fans can see all the action. Or maybe I'm spoiled cause that's how it is at Florida.
There is a portion of the stadium where the fans can stand, and look in each direction and see both sets of three courts. Maybe that area could be made larger, but for the typical match it is big enough. UCLA has that, but from high up, I feel vertigo looking down at UCLA courts 4,5,6. And, it can also be hard in a straight six facility to know what is going on court 5 or 6, if you are seated at courts 1 and 2, and visa verse if seated in court 6..

I might be motivated to defend this facility because I can watch the whole tournament, and get home each night,
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #64
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Friday's Draws

Singles here
Doubles here
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #65
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
That may all be true, but I disagree with the facility. The way the courts are split up is not good for the sport, the fans or the teams. It simply isn't. How many people saw the 4-6 matches? Those all count just the same, and there was great drama on the back courts, but who got to see it other than a few there and those watching on tv? Emotion is huge in college tennis and I like a setup where all 6 courts are side by side by side and the fans can see all the action. Or maybe I'm spoiled cause that's how it is at Florida.
I'm spoiled too (Marks Tennis Stadium at USC!)
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #66
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I'm spoiled too (Marks Tennis Stadium at USC!)
Marks stadium is nice. But I think the answer is not just that it is six court in a row, but that the seating is just the right setback and just the right height from the courts. Also, At Marks there is a wide walkway behind the courts, so supposing the decisive match is on court 5 one can easily move to that side. Some six court in a row facilities are not that fan friendly. Stanford has a six bank facility at the South courts, and I don't think it is as good as the main facility. Also it has a 8 court practice facility at the West courts, besides the two banks of four and the top three stadium courts.
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #67
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

The Miami squad were at Stabucks, and yesterday Clemson at McDonalds
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #68
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Marks stadium is nice. But I think the answer is not just that it is six court in a row, but that the seating is just the right setback and just the right height from the courts. Also, At Marks there is a wide walkway behind the courts, so supposing the decisive match is on court 5 one can easily move to that side. Some six court in a row facilities are not that fan friendly. Stanford has a six bank facility at the South courts, and I don't think it is as good as the main facility. Also it has a 8 court practice facility at the West courts, besides the two banks of four and the top three stadium courts.
yeah, just can't beat USC in 'that' category Now if only the team can get a bit stronger
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #69
country flag fantic

dunno why pac10 match Cako vs Andersson, the least watchable match(since I've seen them enough already), is held at 10am (THE sole women match then) and

Gibbs vs Will
DeBruycker vs Gullickson

are held at the same time at 12pm FAIL

ah well, will probably split time to record both matches..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 27th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #70
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has to do with who played doubles until late last night, like both Chelsey and Allie did
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #71
country flag fantic

Tan, Ellis, Hureau, Embree doesn't play singles and are slated at 1pm anyway, FAIL, at least for me
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #72
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

So far:

Barte d. Mosolova
Secerbergovic d. Hardenbergh
Andersson d. Cako
Juricova d. Chan

Gullickson vs. De Bruycker starting a third set
Embree cruising vs Hureau
Tan and Ellis in the First set
Gibbs up a set on Will
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #73
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Allie Will

I can see why she and Embree are such good friends. They deserve each other.
iPatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #74
country flag tucker1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Allie Will

I can see why she and Embree are such good friends. They deserve each other.
What do you mean? I haven't seen much bad behavior from her?

Gibbs/Will is really fun to watch

Gullickson d. De Bruycker 6-1 2-6 6-2, rematch of last year's final in the quarters
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #75
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
What do you mean? I haven't seen much bad behavior from her?

Gibbs/Will is really fun to watch

Gullickson d. De Bruycker 6-1 2-6 6-2, rematch of last year's final in the quarters
Just being obnoxious and generally unlikeable. Will isn't blatantly pushing like Embree was against Burdette, but the screaming at the top of her lungs after Gibbs pummels FHs into the net is really off putting. Not to mention I have seen her hit one winner since I started watching almost an hour ago...what does she have to cheer about? Just obnoxious.
iPatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote