National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #136
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments

^ why do I have to worry? nah, who cares anyway. I was objecting to the unflattering pose the damage is already done but will appreciate
if you erase the caption to preserve a sense of anonymity
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #137
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Anyone else thought that Embree plays like Jankovic? Lol.. she seems to get so many balls back. I'm a huge fan of Gibbs - she really has the power and can produce great angles.. hope she goes far. I think Lele looks for aggressive players to come to Stanford. There's no doubt that you can tell how differently trained the Stanford girls are compared to other collegiate players.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #138
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

I think Baylor and Duke are two of the most overrated teams this year...
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #139
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Anyone else thought that Embree plays like Jankovic? Lol.. she seems to get so many balls back. I'm a huge fan of Gibbs - she really has the power and can produce great angles.. hope she goes far. I think Lele looks for aggressive players to come to Stanford. There's no doubt that you can tell how differently trained the Stanford girls are compared to other collegiate players.
I agree about Stanford's style, then there's no hope for Kyle McPhillips to go there
who plays 'somewhat' opposite style?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #140
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
I think Baylor and Duke are two of the most overrated teams this year...
I don't think BU is overrated In fact if Ahn hadn't played they might've won the
match against Stanford, provided they won the doubles You know singles 1~3 was pretty
tight.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #141
country flag fantic

another typos;

Stan website; Linda Abu MEshrefova?

Palo Alto Weekly? ; pic caption of the team; Tracie Ahn or something?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #142
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I've seen some impressive play from the Clemson doubles team of Bek-Wong, so now I have anticipation for the Sanchez-Christian doubles match.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #143
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I'm a bad speller too. So I stand up in defense of those of us who accidental make typos.
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #144
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
I've seen some impressive play from the Clemson doubles team of Bek-Wong, so now I have anticipation for the Sanchez-Christian doubles match.
yeah, both Semifinal matches are promising

and as usual, PAC 10 RULES THE DOUBLES SCENE
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #145
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
I'm a bad speller too. So I stand up in defense of those of us who accidental make typos.
Well, they're supposed to be professionals
It's still not too late to change it on the Tournament Central website
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #146
country flag knoxt

I really am looking forward to a Gibbs-Tan final... Feel sorry for Barte. And McVeigh as well as Li - they both would have the potential to do well in the singles draw.
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #147
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
yeah, both Semifinal matches are promising

and as usual, PAC 10 RULES THE DOUBLES SCENE
Until the semis Pac-10 did okay in singles too
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #148
country flag 2nd_serve

I think that the crowd did not want to openly cheer for Barte, because it would also be cheering against the other Stanford player, more silently people were saying that Barte has contributed so much to the program, is such a nice girl, is a fun player to watch, etc.
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #149
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I agree about Stanford's style, then there's no hope for Kyle McPhillips to go there
who plays 'somewhat' opposite style?
Its been a while since I have seen Ellen Tsay play, but I don't think of Stanford's next year's recruit as in the described style. So I respond that true, Stanford had an aggressive team, but that the coaches allow for individual styles. Sometimes, I want the Stanford coaches to sit on the benches with the player, and be more there during the match, but first, they are the experts, and second, it is a coaching style that allows player independence.
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #150
country flag fantic

yeah, Tsay is not powerful either, she tends to get blown away by stronger opponents.
But she's a supreme serve and volleyer, say like Mayo Hibi

AND, there's a bazaar going on across Panda Express at the main road(El Camino Real)!
Check my pics, will upload it shortly. Breakfasted on a jumbo hotdog and an Indian food there!
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles