2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only"

Kristie Ahn
Plans on attending college for all four years, regardless of her professional results. May have already been offered scholarships by Stanford and Princeton. She takes classes at home and limits her tournament schedule to roughly one event per month.

“Everybody says that college is the best four years of your life and I really want to experience that,” said Ahn. “Even if the level of play in college isn’t that strong, I can still play pro events during the summer.”

Hitting The Books Or The Courts: Top American Players Weigh In

Last edited by gouci : Nov 4th, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #2
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: 2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only"

Kaitlyn Christian - blue chip

I think there's a very good chance she signs at USC if the trojans will have her. Christian has friends on both the USC men's and women's tennis teams. On the women's side includes her former Southern California Fed Cup teammates Alison Ramos and Danielle Lao.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #3
country flag gouci

UC Irvine

Marivick (Valdeavilla) Mamiit - 5 star

Medium chance - I think she'll list UCI as a school of high interest. Wonder if she's related to Cecil Mamiit who as a freshman won an NCAA men's singles title at USC?

Last edited by gouci : Mar 20th, 2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #4
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Kaitlyn Christian - blue chip

I think there's a very good chance she signs at USC if the trojans will have her. Christian has friends on both the USC men's and women's tennis teams. On the women's side includes her former Southern California Fed Cup teammates Alison Ramos and Danielle Lao.
Kaitlyn Christian was the 2nd player, behind Danielle Lao, that I listed on the 2010-2011 recruiting classes roster months ago. Christian could often be seen sporting USC attire even a year ago.
But now I can remove the parenthesis thanks to Tennisace who has confirmed the info.

USC is losing just 1 senior to graduation and has a #1 singles caliber player in Velasco coming in. Niculescu may still end up getting kicked off the team. But USC looks primed to contend for the NCAA title the next 2 seasons.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #5
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Syracuse staf goes on there using coach functions and marks up kids he would be interested in. Maybe his way of letting them know but deceiving.

Did same a year ago to a few and later they came down one after another. Coach can indicate an offer or interest also... even if the kids are not really interested; then the kids have to take that off. Kaitlyn clearly does not go on the site often. She is confirmed as a USC commit and has been since last fall.

Not sure why Arianna Colfer has not made Pepp her firm announcement (though I am told it is on her facebook page). She dropped UCI but left USC as a high option this week... yet USC has not money left for next year if Christian takes the open.

I think he meant definitely... not defiantely
Thanks form for the info about the coach functions. I made an inquiry regarding a few coaches advertising their colleges on neglected player profiles at TRN. I even used Kaitlyn Christian as an example. They must not be aware of this at TRN because my source there just replied saying college coaches have the ability to maintain their team rosters which includes their current recruiting class. In addition NCAA rules prohibit this for players who have not signed an NLI. But I still suspected a few coaches have found a way to manipulate the profiles.

I also learned from my source that TRN will be launching a website redesign with a host of changes later this year.

If Lao is taking Niculescu's place for 2009-10 than Lao's original slot for 2010-11 is vacant. My guess is that it's still up for grabs for Colffer, Isip potentially as a transfer or the best player available.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #6
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I talked with Catherine and she wont be going to USC if she transfers. Supposedly, I heard that the coach doesnt like her game. I dont know. Cat is a great girl and player and to be told that puts more perspective on how some schools pick certain players.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #7
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Isip reportedly has been given open ended offer to go to St Marys for a year and then transfer if she desires.
Hey Form here's a question for you.

If a recruit couldn't get accepted into College A out of high school but attends College B for 1 year, would it be easier for that recruit to transfer from College B into College A? When colleges accept transfers do they only look at college classes and grades or do they still have requirements going back to the transfer's high school transcripts?
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

With Ahn likely headed to Stanford (she said in an interview that she would be likely heading to Stanford), that leaves no scholarships as Burdette is the only graduating senior.

But Mary Clayton, the younger sister of Courtney and Alex, could also be heading to Stanford. And given the high quality of high school senior players, I can't help think that a few current Stanford scholarship players might lose them (Yen and Hansen).
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #9
country flag gouci

Form thanks for answering my question.

That was such a good explanation I reposted it on the NCAA rules thread.

St. Mary's must be touting the 2009 Forbes.com best college rankings below to their recruits.

73. UC Berkeley
136. St. Mary's

306. UC Davis
394. Sacramento St.
419. Pacific
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #10
country flag gouci

Jordaan Sanford & Britney Sanders - blue chips

I speculate either Jordan Sanford or Britney Sanders has a medium chance of ending up at USC if the trojans will have one of them. In this scenario the other one not going to USC may list an interest in UC Irvine with a low chance of signing.
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #11
country flag gouci

Haley Dixon - 5 star

I speculate Haley has a medium chance of going to St. Mary's. The Gaels have recruited from the Temecula area the last couple years in sisters Caitlyn and Molly Aloia.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #12
country flag gouci

Nikki Sanders - 5 star

I speculate Nikki has a medium chance of going to the Naval Academy.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #13
country flag gouci

Naval Academy = Navy.

Read this post made on the same week as Pinterova going to Hawaii. Did you take a vacation that week?

Navy adds tennis
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #14
country flag gouci

Xan Riley - USA

Xan Riley lives around the Philadelphia area so I speculate she will have a medium chance of playing tennis for the local team Penn.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #15
country flag gouci

form why are you so sensitive about Nikki Sanders? Is Long Beach St. recruiting her?