National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments

Last year, or typically, what is the ranking cut-off for getting invited to the National Championship as a singles player.

-------------------
Edit Line

Thursday Morning Update

Link to updated pdf of singles draw. here.

Doubles Draw. Here

Last edited by 2nd_serve : May 26th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: National Championship, Singles and Doubles Entrants

technically 64 for singles and 32 for doubles but champ of some individual conferences play regardless of rank so...this is for gouci or form I guess

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:37 AM   #3
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: National Championship, Singles and Doubles Entrants

I searched last year's thread, and Fantic point out that there were 19 Conference Automatic Qualifiers, and 45 at-large entrants.

If this year was exactly the same, the line would be Boren of University of Tennessee last in, and Poorta of Saint Mary's first out:

Rank Avg Player School
1 69.09 Jana Juricova California
2 64.47 Maria Sanchez University of Southern California
3 61.79 Hilary Barte Stanford
4 55.7 Denise Dy University of Washington
5 55.33 Kristy Frilling University of Notre Dame
6 53.78 Bianca Eichkorn University of Miami (Florida)
7 52.87 Allie Will University of Florida
8 52.61 Denise Muresan University of Michigan
--------------------------------------------------------

9 42.48 Marta Lesniak SMU
10 40.23 Maria Mosolova Northwestern University
11 37.97 Josipa Bek Clemson University
12 35.44 Jacqueline Cako Arizona State University
13 35.37 Zoe De Bruycker North Carolina
14 34.35 Sona Novakova Baylor University
15 33.61 Kristie Ahn Stanford
16 32.76 Venise Chan University of Washington
--------------------------------------------------
17 32.7 Lauren Embree University of Florida
18 31.3 Nicole Gibbs Stanford
19 30.77 Kelcy McKenna Arizona State University
20 28.62 Reka Zsilinszka Duke University
21 28 Aeriel Ellis University of Texas at Austin
22 27.36 Mallory Burdette Stanford
23 25.57 Mari Andersson California
24 24.89 Danielle Lao University of Southern California
25 24.49 Chelsey Gullickson University of Georgia
26 24.33 Nazari Urbina Texas A&M University
27 24.05 Lindsey Hardenbergh University of Virginia
28 23.34 Sanaa Bhambri North Carolina State
29 22.88 Connie Hsu University of Pennsylvania
30 22.05 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar University of Maryland, College Park
31 21.52 Katie Rybakova Florida State University
32 20.11 Jillian O'Neill Georgia Tech
33 19.86 Anouk Tigu University of Arkansas
34 19.82 Kristi Boxx University of Mississippi
35 19.62 Irene Rehberger University of South Florida
36 18.59 Anna Bartenstein University of Miami (Florida)
37 16.92 Mary Anne Macfarlane University of Alabama
38 16.72 Martina Pavelec Wake Forest University
39 16.7 Nadine Fahoum Duke University
40 16.6 Natalie Pluskota University of Tennessee
41 16.33 Noelle Hickey UCLA
42 16.3 Joanna Mather University of Florida
43 16.16 Stacey Tan Stanford
44 15.41 Anya Morgina University of South Carolina
45 15 Brynn Boren University of Tennessee

--------------------------------------
46 14.72 Alexandra Poorta Saint Mary's College of California
47 14.63 Diana Nakic Baylor University
48 14.53 Keri Wong Clemson University
49 14.32 Nina Secerbegovic Baylor University
50 13.77 Petra Niedermayerova Kansas State
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:38 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Entrants

Secerbegovic not playing would be a travesty (but since she played #3 a lot in the dual season, there you go )

and I don't think I provided that info, don't know those rules enough maybe gouci or form

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:47 AM   #5
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Poorta HAS to be playing. She'd get the WCC bid if she didn't qualify. She so deserves it!

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:49 PM   #6
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Secerbegovic not playing would be a travesty (but since she played #3 a lot in the dual season, there you go )

and I don't think I provided that info, don't know those rules enough maybe gouci or form
I found the handbook with the rules at this link. Covered about page 25.

But it takes a lot to calculate the results. The main rule is every conference with a player ranked in the top 125 has an automatic. But maybe it is not that simple.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : May 3rd, 2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM   #7
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
I found the handbook with the rules at this link. Covered about page 25.

But it takes a lot to calculate the results. The main rule is every conference with a player ranked in the top 125 has an automatic. But maybe it is not that simple.
I guess I'll just wait for the selection

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #8
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Selections announced. 5 players each for UF and Stanford. Juricova top seed in singles and doubles, with Andersson. Looks like McCall Jones, ranked 57, was the last at large selection, as Gilchrist, ranked 59, is the 1st alternate.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/tennis-wome...elds-announced
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #9
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Kristi Boxx/Abby Guthrie, Ole Miss

Too bad for them, they slugged all dual season..

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #10
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

25 22.71 Kelcy McKenna Micaela Hein Arizona State University
26 22.47 Jordaan Sanford Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar University of Maryland, College Park
27 20.47 Sona Novakova Nina Secerbegovic Baylor University
28 19.83 Rosalia Alda Millie Nichols University of Tennessee
29 19.15 Millie Nichols Natalie Pluskota University of Tennessee
30 19.02 Anett Schutting Annie Goransson California
31 18.92 Alison Ramos Valeria Pulido University of Southern California
32 17.56 Lindsey Hardenbergh Erin Vierra University of Virginia
33 17.31 Alex Bara Kateryna Yergina Virginia Commonwealth University
34 16.17 Kristie Ahn Nicole Gibbs Stanford
35 15.76 Sonja Molnar Jessica Young Univ. of Iowa
36 14.75 Alex Leatu Rachael Dillon Vanderbilt University
--------------------
37 14.27 Caroline Hitimana Joanna Mather University of Florida
38 14.17 Kristi Boxx Abby Guthrie University of Mississippi
39 13.94 Zoe De Bruycker Lauren McHale North Carolina

Funny, the CAL combo not playing. Is it because they played only 8 or 9 times? Cercone/Will only played 11 times?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #11
country flag 2nd_serve

Doubles teams selected for the doubles championships, both automatic and at-large
selections, must have a record of a minimum of 10 completed doubles matches, with the
s
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #12
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Its a shame that Gorannson and Schutting miss the NCAA doubles tournament because they were shy one match.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #13
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Hein, Remynse, Featherston missing Individual... a travesty

While STAN and UF sends 5 players each

Well, no. 3 playing at the Individual is THAT difficult, I guess...

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Selections announced. 5 players each for UF and Stanford. Juricova top seed in singles and doubles, with Andersson. Looks like McCall Jones, ranked 57, was the last at large selection, as Gilchrist, ranked 59, is the 1st alternate.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/tennis-wome...elds-announced
'Southern Monica Arguell, Furman'

somebody add o at the end

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #15
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

So Freshmen/Newcomers for singles;

NOVAKOVA
Colonial; Jeltje Loomans William and Mary
(Loomans joined a group that includes Kristine Kurth (1991), Julie Shiflet (1992), Lauren Nikolaus (1995), Delphine Troch (1999) and Megan Moulton-Levy (2005) as W&M freshmen to earn a spot in the NCAA Singles Championship)
link
Prep/Juniors
Was the Dutch National U15 Champion ... Played field hockey for four years as a forward at Leidsche Ryn College along with tennis.

HSU
JODOIN
---
AHN
BHAMBRI
BOREN
CAKO
CERCONE
GIBBS
JANOWICZ
MACFARLANE
NAKIC
Petra Niedermayerova Kansas State
(Second Wildcat to earn Big 12 Player of the Year honors; first since 2002)link
She is the second student-athlete in Big 12 women’s tennis history to earn both honors in the same season, joining Baylor’s Zuzana Zemenova from Baylor in the 2005 campaign.
This is the second time a Wildcat has earned Big 12 Player of the Year and Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors. K-State’s first Big 12 Player of the Year was Alena Jecminkova in 2002 and the Wildcats’ first Freshman of the Year was Petra Sedlmajerova in 2000.

O'NEILL
Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar Maryland
(Enrolled in the spring of 2010 and will sit out due to NCAA transfer rules ... eligible to compete in the spring of 2011 ... will have two years of eligibility)

16? that's exactly 1/4 of the entrants

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 16th, 2011 at 11:41 PM.