Tipping 126: Fed Cup 2011, R2, Japan vs. Argentina day 2 OOP in post #151! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Tipping 126: Fed Cup 2011, R2, Japan vs. Argentina day 2 OOP in post #151!

TIPPING FEDERATION CUP

Welcome to the second round of Tipping Federation Cup 2011! This is the 126th tipping event overall and 11th in 2011.

HOW TO PLAY

First of all, you have to sign-in and specify the team you'll play for. If you have played R1 (the first Fed Cup weekend, back in February), you don't have to sign-in again, unless you'd like to play for another team. New players can choose to join one of the existing teams (listed below), or select any other country. There are no restrictions regarding the number of players per team.

You do, however, have to sign-in before the start of the first match if you'd like to play for an existing team as a new player. If you are a bit late, you can still play, but for some country that still has no players representing it. Changes of team choices are possible until the start of the competition. You can switch teams as the season goes, but you will be able to transfer to an existing team only if members of that team state that they don't object you joining in.

ENTRY LIST at the moment looks like this:

AUSTRALIA: Kev., Buitenzorg, hessie
AZERBAIJAN: WTAtennis2011
BELGIUM: elle-marie
BRAZIL: Broseghini, wtatourfan
CANADA: Drake1980
CHINESE TAIPEI: coolfish1103
CROATIA: ma re
CZECH REPUBLIC: ronim1
ESTONIA: WhoAmI?
FRANCE: *Jean*, Djezonfly
GERMANY: Magdalena Ry, KeisukeHonda
GREECE: hellas719
ITALY: Ralph214, VIKtorious
LUXEMBOURG: MandyRulz
MEXICO: legionmx
NETHERLANDS: Sasja, Wrongagain
NORWAY: SamR03A
POLAND: Spain07, Beesley
RUSSIAN FEDERATION: NDee
SERBIA: BlackPanther.
UK: no-hay-igual, british_player, Inktrailer
USA: KittyTennis, Vaxey

Tipping is like Tennis Tipping but different. You don't play other people and you don't have to tip the score which makes it an easier game to play. Everyone can play!

Playing Tipping is very easy. I will post the schedule and then you just tip who you think will win.

e.g If the schedule was...
Ivanovic vs Sharapova
V. Williams vs S. Williams

This is how you would tip...
Ivanovic
V. Williams

We play only main draw singles matches and only "live" matches, so when one team gets to 3 points and wins the tie, we don't count any matches played later on.

If there's 1 point played in a match then the match counts (walkover or a pre-match retirement doesn´t count).

Deadline for posting your tips is until the scheduled start of the match in question, so check this info due to time zones etc.

Do NOT edit your post. If you want to change your picks do it in a new post. Edited posts will make all your picks invalid.

SCORING

Fed Cup semifinals: 5 points per correct tipp
World Group play-offs: 3 points per correct tipp
World Group II play-offs: 1 point per correct tipp

After all the matches of the day are played, we'll sum up all the points earned by the players of each team and divide by the number of players of that respective team. So for example, a sum of points earned by 4 players of some team during the day, will be divided by four to give the team's score.

Scores from each Fed Cup weekend will count towards the end of season team winner, but will also be taken to form continuous, 52-week team rankings. So each season the points earned last year will have to be defended. Points earned during Fed Cup weekends will not count for your individual tipping rankings (points earned playing tournaments). Fed Cup rankings and race standings after R1 can be found in the Games -> tipping section of the forum, along with all the rules.

SECOND ROUND TIES

Semifinals

In Moscow, Russia
Russia vs. Italy

In Charleroi, Belgium
Belgium vs. Czech Republic

World Group play-offs

In Stuttgart, Germany
Germany vs. USA

In Lleida, Spain
Spain vs. France

In Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Slovak Republic vs. Serbia

In Melbourne, Australia
Australia vs. Ukraine

World Group II play-offs

In Minsk, Belarus
Belarus vs. Estonia

In Kobe, Japan
Japan vs. Argentina
(NOTE: due to circumstances in relation to the devastating earthquake and tsunami that have hit Japan, this tie is postponed and will be played on the 16th and 17th of July; we will be here then to play this remaining tie, in this same thread).

In Koper, Slovenia
Slovenia vs. Canada

In Lugano, Switzerland
Switzerland vs. Sweden

Matches will take place on the 16th and 17th of April (except Japan vs. Argentina). Complete Order of play will be posted here as soon as it is available.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by ma re : Jul 18th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tipping 126: Fed Cup 2011, R2!

in for Canada

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #3
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

in for The Netherlands

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #4
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
in for Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
in for The Netherlands
Great guys, but as I wrote above, IF YOU'RE ALREADY SIGNED IN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN, UNLESS YOU'RE CHANGING TEAMS! Sorry for shouting

So, new players and those who'd like to play for a different team do need to sign-in - others, not.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #5
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

In for USA.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

In please, for Italy.

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Shadowcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 06:21 AM   #7
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
In for USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKtorious View Post
In please, for Italy.
Welcome people! I'll ask current players of your desired teams to confirm to me via a private message that they don't object to you joining - after they confirm, I'll add you to these teams (rules specify that this confirmation needs to be done if you're joining an existing team; you can also play for some other country that still has no team).
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #8
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Welcome people! I'll ask current players of your desired teams to confirm to me via a private message that they don't object to you joining - after they confirm, I'll add you to these teams (rules specify that this confirmation needs to be done if you're joining an existing team; you can also play for some other country that still has no team).
Do you have to play for a country that's actually in Tier 2 of the Fed Cup?

If not, I can also play for Chinese Taipei if that's an applicable pick.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #9
country flag ma re

Quote:
Do you have to play for a country that's actually in Tier 2 of the Fed Cup?

If not, I can also play for Chinese Taipei if that's an applicable pick.
No, you can play for ANY country, be it one of those already chosen, or any that you'd like. Doesn't have to be a country that is actually competing in Fed Cup. It can be a country you are from, but it doesn't have to be, it's your choice. If you'd like to play for Chinese Taipei, that's perfectly fine and if you want I'll sign you up for that (new) team.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #10
coolfish1103

Quote:
No, you can play for ANY country, be it one of those already chosen, or any that you'd like. Doesn't have to be a country that is actually competing in Fed Cup. It can be a country you are from, but it doesn't have to be, it's your choice. If you'd like to play for Chinese Taipei, that's perfectly fine and if you want I'll sign you up for that (new) team.
Sure, I'll do that! Thanks.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #11
country flag ma re

Quote:
Sure, I'll do that! Thanks.
Done! But you should know that, since you are joining after the season has already started, you won't be able to catch up with the rest in the race for this year's title (2011 champion). But if that's not important to you, then great. Of course, you'll have a chance to win the title next year, and your team will earn points for continuous ranking, just like all others.

Last edited by ma re : Apr 12th, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mare what other countries are still available beside the ones with players in it?

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #13
country flag ma re

Quote:
Hey mare what other countries are still available beside the ones with players in it?
Any one that you want!

As I wrote in my previous post, you can play for ANY country, even if that one's actually not competing in Fed Cup (OK, you can't play for Anctartica or Mars, that's where I draw the line...). But, as I also wrote there, due to the fact that the teams listed in the initial post have already played R1, if you decide to play for some country that still hasn't competed in Tipping FC, your team doesn't stand a chance of winning the Fed Cup champions title this year. If that doesn't bother you, there's really no problem.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #14
Shadowcat

Quote:
Any one that you want!

As I wrote in my previous post, you can play for ANY country, even if that one's actually not competing in Fed Cup (OK, you can't play for Anctartica or Mars, that's where I draw the line...). But, as I also wrote there, due to the fact that the teams listed in the initial post have already played R1, if you decide to play for some country that still hasn't competed in Tipping FC, your team doesn't stand a chance of winning the Fed Cup champions title this year. If that doesn't bother you, there's really no problem.
Oh, okay. But I'm still want to play for Italy

― Flavia Weedn
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #15
country flag ma re

Quote:
Oh, okay. But I'm still want to play for Italy
OK, I'll sign you up as soon as I hear with Ralph214 that he doesn't mind you joining him in the team. I've already sent him a private message this morning and am waiting for a response.