Ajmo Mirjana on clay courts! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #31
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajmo Mirjana on clay courts!

Honestly, it was way better than I expected. It's time to go play some challengers though...I don't know what she was thinking when she made her schedule
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #32
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurgles View Post
Don't worryThis girl not worth my time. I heard she was good thats all and somebody on Shahar thread who told me smoking something, who knows what. Lucic fans can have this girl all to yourself. Enjoy the season.
If you don't like Lucic, stop posting here. It doesn't seem like you know anything about her and know what she has been going through otherwise you would have been a bit more respectful to her.
It is allready pretty amazing that she is on the court again, enjoying tennis and life and can actually play WTA tournaments. Her comeback is a great and inspirational story.

Ofcourse it's not going well this year so far, but she can bounce back again. We all know that she had much tougher challenges to face in her life.

#puttingyouonignorenow

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #33
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Charleston, Stuttgart, Barcelona next.
Ajmo
I was hoping she would add a clay court challenger in Europe to her schedule

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #34
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
If you don't like Lucic, stop posting here. It doesn't seem like you know anything about her and know what she has been going through otherwise you would have been a bit more respectful to her.
It is allready pretty amazing that she is on the court again, enjoying tennis and life and can actually play WTA tournaments. Her comeback is a great and inspirational story.

Ofcourse it's not going well this year so far, but she can bounce back again. We all know that she had much tougher challenges to face in her life.

#puttingyouonignorenow
Well put. The fact that she is even playing WTA main draws with direct acceptances is something we should all be proud of her to have accomplished. A year ago we would have only dreamed of that happening. Regarding her schedule, she probably feels she has earned the right to play these WTA main tour events and wants to take advantage of that. But, she probably should have sprinkled in some challengers to ensure she got some points in case she didn't fare well in the WTA draws. She still has those two European clay events coming up to get some points. I noticed there is no WTA tournament next week. Maybe she could try to get a wildcard to some challenger at the last moment to get some points.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #35
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana is ready, she just needs few wins. Hope she can make it soon so that she can get into Wimbledon MD.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #36
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone wondering how Miki is feeling right now should take a bit of heart, she's frustrated but not discouraged and still confident. She has been saying how the hard work will not go to waste and how she picks herself up again every time she's down, so fighting talk!

I think they use next week's rankings to determine main draw acceptance for Roland Garros so looks like Miki is pretty sure of playing her 4th grand slam main draw in a row.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #37
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Anyone wondering how Miki is feeling right now should take a bit of heart, she's frustrated but not discouraged and still confident. She has been saying how the hard work will not go to waste and how she picks herself up again every time she's down, so fighting talk!
Thank you! That's heartening to hear. And yeah, as others have been saying too, she has picked herself back up many times from much worse slumps than this one. She's amazing that way.
I'm really looking forward to her next ride upward, and I hope she knows she has fans out here who still believe in her chances to make 2011 her best tennis year yet.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #38
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

#95 in rankings this week, so she's safely in Roland Garros MD.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #39
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Great chance for Mirjana to qualify for PGP, with an opener against Diyas, a wc newbie in the wings, possibly, and Hampton likely to be her biggest obstacle. Best of luck to her ... Go, Miki! She can absolutely still get a great season going; her clay court skills are underrated and she moves/slides well on the red dirt.

Focus is the key. Make it happen out there, kid~
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #40
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

diyas is very tough...tougher than hampton imo
really hope miki has found some form
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #41
ajmo!

This is fast clay as it's indoors, it could be good for Miki. Diyas is good young player. After all she demolished Jankovic 6-1 6-2 last year.
Good luck Mirjana!
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #42
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Zarina is definetely not going to be a walk in the park. Last year she lost to Nara in 3 tight sets and I watched it all until 1:25 AM.
I am so happy I get the opportunity to see Mirjana live. I will skip Fed Cup, if it's played at the same time.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #43
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Yes, Diyas is tough, but her win over JJ last year (while exciting) was mitigated by JJ being, well ...JJ on a bad day. Miki also lost a three-setter to pesky little Nara last year (a heartbreaker Miki really should have won), so I think on this unique indoor clay surface she can definitely outfox Diyas if she utilizes all her experience and grits it out. It's time to get herself revved-up. Lots of opportunties to at least get herself in form to make some kind of run in Paris, if not sooner. I have a hunch that the red clay and being in Europe will inspire her. So long as she does her best, and knows she is doing her best, that is what matters most.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #44
country flag mikireturns

Also, by the by, a milestone was achieved my Miki this past week. Finally, she crossed the $1,000,000 mark in prize-money for her career! I have a feeling not too many people in the tennis world ever thought that would happen for her, three or four years ago when she was circling. Could be a good omen for the rest of her season!
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #45
ajmo!

Yes, it's not like she has all that money but it's a nice thing to cross that line.
I have a good feeling for Stuttgart, at least that she'll do better than she's done all this year.
Ballbasher, please take some photos