*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3. - Page 103 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM   #1531
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
Blame the US Open board of directors for seeding Serena acccording to her current ranking instead of taking into account her stature and recent performances. One would think that winning both Stanford and Toronto (and thus the US Open Series) would have given them a clue, but apparently not...

Even if Vika manages to hold her own against an in-form Serena during rallies (and that's a pretty big "if"), the serve still gives her opponent a significant edge. If Williams keeps serving like she did in her previous matches, it's hard to imagine Vika holding serve more often than her, regardless of tactics.

Personally, I would only consider that option if Vika were somehow able to get herself in a winning position only to end up losing the match anyway - AGAIN. Like, you know, that time when she blew a 6-4 4-0 lead in a grand slam quarterfinal. I'm not sure I could handle another one of those.
And this is why my ass will be taking a nap during the Sacrifice of Victoria Fiodorovna Azarenka. I may not see the slaughter, but my soul shall feel it.

That and it's my last ditch superstitious effort. Last time I slept through a match my top favorite played against a nemesis, my favorite won. (Roland Garros 2005 )
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM   #1532
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

1-6, 6-7(5)

saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM   #1533
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

So proud of Vika. She really gave everything in that second set she must be really happy with the way she played today and no doubt that her time will come. Well done baby gurl
VIKA? is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM   #1534
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Vika
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1535

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

My roommate woke me up at 4-5 in the second. I was pleased with her fight at the end and with her mental calm out there.
I'm sad she didn't win, but I'm significantly proud that she played well in the second set and earned deserved respect from the crowd and the commentators.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the most competitive match Serena has the entire tournament.
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1536
country flag Delfii

Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold

Right after it finished I went to my bed and started to cry she deserved a 3rd set great effort never stopped fighting still so proud of her and will always be♥
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1537
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm almost in tears of pride. The draw was awful, but I would not have missed this match for the world.

I love you, Vika

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM   #1538
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Yes, I'm really proud of her too.

There's also the nagging feeling that if she had managed to pull that one out she probably wins the tournament. I'm not sure if I feel good or bad about that
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1539
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
There's also the nagging feeling that if she had managed to pull that one out she probably wins the tournament. I'm not sure if I feel good or bad about that
I feel optimistic for Australian Open which is her best Grand Slam in my opinion

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #1540
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still a little about this match but I'm glad she fought in the end. May she continue forward and improve.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:34 PM   #1541
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

The draw screws Vika over yet again....sigh. She would have annihilated literally everyone else but Serena in this draw with her level of play in that second set.

I'm really proud of the heart she showed too though, I hope she takes away the positives from this match and kicks ass in the next couple of events.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM   #1542
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

I have yet to post on the Victoria boards but I'm a huge fan and I just wanna congratulate her for putting one hell of a match together in that second set. I really can't recall the last time I saw a match this good on the WTA. And I mean a loooooong time.

I'm sure she's aware of how good she was today and she WILL take the positives off this. I'm still fairly sure she'll end up winning the Australian Open very soon.

And let's face it, this was the final. Everyone else on Rena's side of the draw is pretty much waiting in line to be bageled by her. And the bottom half...

Last edited by vozas : Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:59 PM.
vozas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1543

I absolutely agree that this draw was awful and it was unfair for Vika and Serena to play each other so early. I think Vika will take the positives from that match and still look for ways to improve her game during the fall and hopefully she gets into a nice group at the YEC where she can do some serious damage there for the first time.

I also agree that this was probably the best match on the women's side for the entire tournament in terms of the quality of the second set. There's no shame in losing to Serena playing this well and Vika pulled out some awesome tennis to test the favorite. Hopefully the next time they play it's a semifinal or final of a slam, where a match up of this caliber deserves to be played.
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:06 PM   #1544
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

First set was sigh, down 0-5 in a shake, really wasn't at level, in the second she really upped her game a bit and made it competitive it's really unfortunate that the IT-thing to just take the set away from Serena didn't come...

This match really reminds me Venus Williams vs. Vika in Dubaï 2010 so close in the 2nd. yet so far - you've got the feeling that the day Victoria might eventually pass Serena in a major she'll have a huge break-through...

Perhaps Serena is Vika's Jennifer Capriati, who knows.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #1545
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Just got home. I'm so proud of the way she fought in the 2nd set. She fought like hell It just wasn't enough in the end.

Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread