żDonde esta ella? Ella esta en Marbella! Clay 2011 Part 1! Vamos Agi! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #31
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: żDonde esta ella? Ella esta en Marbella! Clay 2011 Part 1! Vamos Agi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Do you have a Mac?
No

Agi
6-1 6-1 in singles. 6-1 6-1 in doubles.

Sveta is DEFINITELY beatable

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 05:13 AM   #32
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
No

Agi
6-1 6-1 in singles. 6-1 6-1 in doubles.

Sveta is DEFINITELY beatable
I agree about Sveta.

Well accents are easy on Macs, but you could try google to figure out how otherwise.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #33
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I have also heard that it is very easy to type accents with a Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Oh, and I don't know how to use accent marks on my computer, sorry
I don't have a Mac, so I use the abcTajpu extension for firefox. It's not as convenient as the shortcuts Mac uses, I believe, but I right click and it brings up a menu of options, from which I can choose accented letters.

I can thus type Ágnes Szávay, or Dónde está ella etc. It also has a selection of Russian and Greek letters. I believe you can set up shortcuts on it, but I haven't done this yet. Quite frankly I'm normally too lazy to actually type the correct accents when I know I will be understood anyway. But sometimes it's nice to be accurate and use the accents.

Actually, this subforum doesn't even have the accents in Ági's name in the title. Maybe we should have that changed at some point.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 6th, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #34
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

We should get a forum name .

This is off-topic though .

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #35
country flag iGOAT

That was REALLY, REALLY bad, and discouraging. After OUTPLAYING Sveta in the first set, Ágnes found a way to once again have a meltdown and just COMPLETELY fall apart. You just can't afford to that at the professional level, let alone against a top player. She was just so fragile too, in the third, down *3-0 she started to fight and played two great games to get 2-3* but as soon as she lost that game you could see she had given up. I just can't understand how she has become such a mess mentally. Not a good sign at all for the clay season. Frankly, she didn't play all that bad and I could see her winning some small tournaments but she has completely lost the ability to deal with even the slightest adversity in a match, which basically means she has lost before she even walks on the court against any top twenty player, as well as several players below her. If I were her coach in these matches I would just slap her in the face because she acts like she just doesn't care. I can't comprehend it. She's SO frustrating and besides her two tournament resurgence last summer has shown no signs of overcoming any of these stupid issues. She gives the impression of being mentally fried, but it's the beginning of the season for her. This should NOT be happening.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #36
country flag iGOAT

Doubles will be tomorrow I guess. Maybe winning the doubles title could give her some desperately-needed motivation and confidence.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #37
country flag iGOAT

They will play Barrois/Wöhr, who beat Dominguez Lino and Pous-Tio. VERY winnable.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #38
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

How many times, SHE IS INJURED!

Have you ever tried to play tennis with a sore back? It bloody well hurts, and that's not taking into account the fact there's a Grand Slam winner (on clay) on the other side of the net.

Also, how can you say it was really, really bad and then say she didn't play all that bad. That's a complete contradiction in terms. That match had very little to do with mentality at all. She was doing everything right before she got injured. She was attacking a lot, she was playing at the net, her serves were good, ad she completely outplayed Sveta for the whole first set. The score from the first set doesn't even come close to reflecting the reality. Then, even after getting hurt, she still played on, tried to fight, won a couple of games and tried to change her style of play to suit the injury and to try to find a way to win. Isn't that exactly what you asked of her? To try and to not give up?

To be honest, she has every right to feel unmotivated, but she didn't look like she didn't care, she looked frustrated, I'd imagine because of her back hurting yet again. She's just had 6 months out, was starting to enjoy playing matches again (you can see that easily from her comments and her body language), and suddenly her back starts to hurt again. I'd feel like crap too if that were me. Finally things start to look up, and this happens.

She really can't win with some people. Short of winning every match she ever plays without losing a single point, she's always going to get a load of crap about being a choker, being pathetic, having a complete meltdown etc. It literally never ends and it definitely never changes, if you've made up your mind about her fine, but why repeat it after every match irrespective of how she plays?
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #39
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajrá Ági! View Post
How many times, SHE IS INJURED!

Have you ever tried to play tennis with a sore back? It bloody well hurts, and that's not taking into account the fact there's a Grand Slam winner (on clay) on the other side of the net.

Also, how can you say it was really, really bad and then say she didn't play all that bad. That's a complete contradiction in terms. That match had very little to do with mentality at all. She was doing everything right before she got injured. She was attacking a lot, she was playing at the net, her serves were good, ad she completely outplayed Sveta for the whole first set. The score from the first set doesn't even come close to reflecting the reality. Then, even after getting hurt, she still played on, tried to fight, won a couple of games and tried to change her style of play to suit the injury and to try to find a way to win. Isn't that exactly what you asked of her? To try and to not give up?

To be honest, she has every right to feel unmotivated, but she didn't look like she didn't care, she looked frustrated, I'd imagine because of her back hurting yet again. She's just had 6 months out, was starting to enjoy playing matches again (you can see that easily from her comments and her body language), and suddenly her back starts to hurt again. I'd feel like crap too if that were me. Finally things start to look up, and this happens.

She really can't win with some people. Short of winning every match she ever plays without losing a single point, she's always going to get a load of crap about being a choker, being pathetic, having a complete meltdown etc. It literally never ends and it definitely never changes, if you've made up your mind about her fine, but why repeat it after every match irrespective of how she plays?
1) Okay fine if you want to throw a pity party and say she is injured, but she obviously felt good enough to play, so she should have been able to fight. She didn't even take a time-out, so besides maybe a small sore I don't think she was inured. And yes, I play through sores all the time, it's another factor to deal with. But she seems to have lost the ability to deal with obstacles.
2) The first set she played well and played okay at times. She easily would have beaten someone ranked below her today. Her attitude was HORRIBLE and another loss like this is discouraging (understatement) and hence, BAD. She didn't give up by walking off the court but she did mentally and again, her injury was way more minor than those that many (hungry) players fight through regularly.
3) We've had this discussion before. I see where you're coming from but watching her waste potential and sink down the rankings is not what I wish for her career and I know for a fact that neither does she. As a fan I am tough on her, but the way things are going she needs that, and doesn't seem to be getting it.

I will admit, one definite improvement is her second serve. She is just spinning it in, and it often gets attacked, but she hit two double faults today whereas I remember her having loads last year.

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #40
country flag iGOAT

Okay doubles tomorrow on Pista 1 against Barrois/Wöhr! Second match on the court, but NB 3:30. I don't have class for the first part of that, so hope to see you guys in the livescore thread . GOOD LUCK SAFINAY .

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #41
country flag iGOAT

Safinay won the doubles 3-6, 6-2, 11-9. Compared to their first match, this scoreline is horrible though .

Up next is Jugic-Salkic/Jurak or Llagostera Vives/Parra Santonja. The Spaniards would be very tough, so they will probably need to play better. I believe though, so good luck Safinay .

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #42
country flag iGOAT

Off-day tomorrow rest will probably benefit her, especially if she is indeed injured a bit. Safina is playing Azarenka, maybe Ági will watch .

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #43
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Agi ,expected loss, but she could have done more after having won the first set TB,IMO .I didnt get to see it,so I may be saying things I shouldn´t but I read the thread.Usually when you win a tight set,you get pumped up and everything is easier,but that´s just not her case .I may be a bad fan,call me that if you want so,but I have lost my faith that she will do anything relevant someday(aka playing as well as in ´07),but I couldnt leave her even if I wanted to.Dont know who is more silly,if her or me

And talking about brighter things,she´s atleast alive in dubs..Safinay defeated Barrois/Wöhr,but it was surprinsingly closer,36 62 11-9.Hope they can go on to win the tournament
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #44
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by #kArLoS# View Post
Agi ,expected loss, but she could have done more after having won the first set TB,IMO .I didnt get to see it,so I may be saying things I shouldn´t but I read the thread.Usually when you win a tight set,you get pumped up and everything is easier,but that´s just not her case .I may be a bad fan,call me that if you want so,but I have lost my faith that she will do anything relevant someday(aka playing as well as in ´07),but I couldnt leave her even if I wanted to.Dont know who is more silly,if her or me

And talking about brighter things,she´s atleast alive in dubs..Safinay defeated Barrois/Wöhr,but it was surprinsingly closer,36 62 11-9.Hope they can go on to win the tournament
Bahaha I couldn't agree more with the last two sentences of the first paragraph .

Old Apr 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #45
country flag iGOAT

Oh noes! Dinara retired against Wika with a low back injury. That will likely be the end of their doubles campaign. They were probably both injured yesterday These two girls just can't catch a break .