Fed Cup 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #1
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Fed Cup 2014

Hobart to host Australia v Fed Cup tie

Hobart has been chosen to host the blockbuster Australia versus Russia Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group tie in February 2014.

The Australian camp is delighted with the choice of the Domain Tennis Centre, which is internationally renowned as one of the most picturesque tennis venues in the world.

“It is going to be a great tie and we are all excited to be playing in front of a parochial home crowd in what will be a big test for us,” Australian No.1 Sam Stosur said. “I am really looking forward to it.”

Fed Cup captain Alicia Molik echoed Stosur’s sentiments.

“It is just such a great venue in a very welcoming town like Hobart. It is the perfect place for what is a big tie for us,” Molik said.

The venue holds a special place in the heart of the Fed Cup captain as it was the site of her first WTA title, the Hobart International, in 2003.

“Obviously I loved playing tennis there and our girls do too. I think it will give us a tremendous opportunity to show the very well educated Tasmanian tennis fans just how talented our Australian girls are up against one of the best teams in the world,” Molik continued.

The bid to host the tie was hotly contested with the Hobart submission winning through because of the high quality venue, excellent hard court and the city’s excellent track record in enthusiastically supporting international tennis

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2013/1...ia-fed-cup-tie
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Hobart already has a WTA tournament

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who else put in for it...I personally don't have a problem with it....everyone else gets their fair share already....maybe could of gone to Adelaide.... would love to have it in Perth but we don't have a facility good enough given the pathetic state of the State Tennis Centre and the cost of Perth Arena would rule that out...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 09:55 AM   #4
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Hopefully Russia will field a team like the one in this year's Fed cup final

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 03:24 AM   #5
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Hopefully Russia will field a team like the one in this year's Fed cup final
Agreed, that team is an absolute disgrace
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM   #6
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of

Unsure why they scheduled it against the Sofia tournament, but the Russians have always been fickle when it comes to Fed Cup anyway. But Id be expecting a fairly strong team after the AO.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #7
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
So Stosur, Dellacqua, Barty and ???

Dellacqua and Barty are probably certain as they are in 50k Burnie but not 50k Launceston
Nastya is in Pattaya the week before, doubt she'd be selectef though
Jarka, Storm and Liv are still in 50k Launceston

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #8
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

U'd have to go with Sam, Casey, Ash, Jarka.

Sam Casey singles day one
Sam Jarka singles day two
Casey Ash doubles.

Does any one have any inside info about who is available to play for Russia? Hopefully a repeat of their field for the finals.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #9
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Sam , Casey , Ash and Jarka

I don't believe the forth player will play (baring injury).

Hard to know who is available for Russia. We will find out soon

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #10
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of

^ I think Jarka should be left out for this tie to get her ranking back up. She would be 4th in line for singles anyway. For me, either Liv or Storm as the 4th player.

Casey would be in line for the 2nd singles spot, but her record in Fed Cup singles isn't great. Admittedly she's in a better spot now than she was a few years back.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #11
country flag guichard

^^^ yeah Jarka, Storm or Olivia will be the 4th player and unlikely to play. Just thought Jarka may be more willing to be the team cheerleader and able to step in if there is an injury.

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #12
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Storm withdrew from $50K Launceston yesterday, so I'm assuming she's been picked as the number 4 'invisible' player.

Olivia still in the main draw list and I don't think they'd pick her over Storm, considering a) neither play will play a live singles rubber and b) Olivia has tasted Fed Cup before, Storm hasn't.

Jarmila is also still in the main draw list. Hope she doesn't get picked.

Sam, Casey, Ash and Storm. That'll be the team I reckon.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #13
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Storm withdrew from $50K Launceston yesterday, so I'm assuming she's been picked as the number 4 'invisible' player.

Olivia still in the main draw list and I don't think they'd pick her over Storm, considering a) neither play will play a live singles rubber and b) Olivia has tasted Fed Cup before, Storm hasn't.

Jarmila is also still in the main draw list. Hope she doesn't get picked.

Sam, Casey, Ash and Storm. That'll be the team I reckon.
And Storm is still in $50K Burnie so I guess she is the 4th player unless she is the orange girl again

Old Jan 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM   #14
country flag guichard

RUS team for Fed Cup tie vs AUS—Kan (157), Solovyeva (230), Khromacheva (254), Kudermetova (697). Myskina as team's coach instead of Tarp https://twitter.com/AnnaK_4ever/stat...28101054173184

Australia should win this.
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 07:54 PM   #15
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

First reaction.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote