Where are they now? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #1
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Where are they now?

I thought it might be good to find out where they all are.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #2
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Re: Where are they now?

My kids will be taking up tennis classes at the Hong Kong Cricket club with our own Kristin Godridge (if I can afford the fees) I am also thinking of taking adult lessons at the same club with Mark Kratzmann! Small world.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #3
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

One of the features I liked about the Australian Women's Tennis site was they featured a couple of Where Are They Nows? I think Amanda Graham had qualified as a Physio and was working in Darwin. I would love to know what happened to all those players that had a couple of breakthrough wins then disappeared off the scene totally.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #4
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Having done a google of Michelle Jaggard-Lai.... I found she was a tournie director or something for a junior Nth Sydney tennis comp, she also appears to be playing (along with Catherine Barclay) in some kind of Sydney uni comp (naturally is undefeated).....

Last I heard of Maija Avotins - she was working as a check out chick,
Lisa O'Neil - working for a radio station.
It was years back that I heard that though & those 2 are probably before a lot of your times.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #5
country flag scottsue

Sean more on Jaggard-Lai. She is also a mum of a boy who goes to my friends school. She is a terrific lady apparently and her son is a fantastic sportsman.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #6
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

Where the hell is Toddles Reid
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 03:08 AM   #7
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
Sean more on Jaggard-Lai. She is also a mum of a boy who goes to my friends school. She is a terrific lady apparently and her son is a fantastic sportsman.
That's great news Scott! Thanks for sharing.
How old would her son be?
She retired after the 1994 season, when she was only 25.
She won her last ever doubles event (a Tier V with Rene Simpson) & finished SF in her 2nd last. Made the 2r of singles in her last & SF in her 2nd last singles.
She was in great form, had just rentered the top 120 in singles & top 50 in doubles.
I remember it being odd at the time. She'd entered Sydney qualies. For some reason she didn't turn up. I was still at school at the time & grilled the tournament staff to see what the go was, they had no idea where she was.
She was then drawn a wc (siobhan Drake-Brockman) in the 1r of the Aus Open, but was replaced by a LL (Naoko Kijimuta, lol I'm flat off remembering what I did yesterday, yet all this has stayed...ah the pre-party memory...lol).

So I wonder if her son is about to turn 12?? That would explain a lot anyway.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 03:18 AM   #8
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
Having done a google of Michelle Jaggard-Lai.... I found she was a tournie director or something for a junior Nth Sydney tennis comp, she also appears to be playing (along with Catherine Barclay) in some kind of Sydney uni comp (naturally is undefeated).....

Last I heard of Maija Avotins - she was working as a check out chick,
Lisa O'Neil - working for a radio station.
It was years back that I heard that though & those 2 are probably before a lot of your times.
I remember reading that Avotins quit the tour to go and study medicine. Maybe she was working as a cashier to fund her way through?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #9
country flag scottsue

Sean I think her son is 11'ish or maybe even 12. I will check though. He is an absolute delight apparently..just like his mum! I also note that Miel Balestrat (daughter of the mighty Dianne Fromholtz) is 15 and playing in Junior tournaments. She has a national ranking. Dianne was at different times living in Runaway Bay in Qld and also had a farm breeding her beloved horses. Di and her husband Claude has a business at one stage of putting life back into old tennis balls. Dianne is now coaching in Melbourne and is extremely upset that she is never called upon to help with Fed Cup etc. TA should certainly use her.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #10
country flag SeanyQ

Ah, so now it all makes sense.
She played her last match at the end of Nov 1994. The SA challengers followed that, but she skipped them for the 1st time. She then entered the Jan 1995 tournies, but withdrew last minute. Meaning she probably was finding out she was preganant around that time. She announced her retirement in September, probably after giving birth. My guess is, her son would be turning 12 this month.
I'd always wondered what the go was. It didn't make sense to retire when Aussie # 2 & with a chance to eventually break into the top 50.
It's a shame she chose not to make a comeback at all.

That sucks about TA's attitude to Dianne. It doesn't make sense if she's willing to help, not to utilise her.
Why choose these David Taylor types over former Fed Cup players. WTF!?
Let's face it, he'll get the boot soon. I wonder who'll replace him.
My money's on Nicole Bradtke, who seems to be an indefinite TA golden child (with good reason I might add)....
There're many top Aussie girls who never went on to do anything with TA. When u think about it, who in the last 30's years has?
Bradtke - Fed Cup coach;
Louise Field - also working with the Fed Cup, as physio or something isn't she?
Kylie Moulds - coach with the AIS;
Liz Smylie - Tournament director, commenator & all round slag!
Louise Pleming - Junior Fed Cup captain & commentator;

I guess it's probably easier for the gay girls like Pleming, Pratt & Stubbs to keep playing well into their 30's & continuing on as coaches or whatever without as many family obligations & so on...
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 06:14 AM   #11
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Evie Dominikovic and Anabel Ellwood both work for the Melbourne NHPA now
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #12
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Evie Dominikovic and Anabel Ellwood both work for the Melbourne NHPA now
True, I forgot about them.
I wonder what Rachel McQuillan's up to. She travelled to Japan, presumably with Sophie & played in that dub's tournie with her.
Maybe she has something to do with TA now too....
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #13
country flag scottsue

Could she be making a comeback do you think? Sophie played with that Yelsey girl this week and not Rachel.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #14
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

A not so golden oldie - but what has happened to Trudi Musgrave? Has she retired?

Also does anyone else remember I think her name was Jane Taylor who made it to the 3rd or 4th round of the Aussie Open years ago then completely disappeared. What was her story?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #15
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

i miss trudi

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote