Azra Hadzic's Cheering Section - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #1
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Azra Hadzic's Cheering Section

At the moment, this talented, 16-year-old junior from Victoria is a bit of an unknown quantity. Even though Azra has always been a force to be reckoned with on the Australian junior circuit, her efforts haven't garnered quite the same level of attention that some of her peers' have. That said, as her name continues to pop up on the drawsheets of various Pro Tour and AMT events, it's questionable just how much longer that she'll be able to keep flying under the radar now that she is starting to threaten opponents at this higher level.

Quick Facts
DOB: November 26, 1994
National ranking: 33
WTA ranking: 714

2005 news article: http://dandenong.starcommunity.com.a...ourts-success/

Last edited by Jason A. : Sep 30th, 2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Link to news article updated
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #2
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all
Re: Azra Hadzic's Cheering Section

She deserves this thread, one to watch
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #3
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

She has always been underrated. I can't really figure out why either, I think she is slowly garnering some attention though.

She beat Alison Bai to qualify in Bundenberg. Faces Bobusic in the first round, definitely winnable...
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 02:28 AM   #4
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Azra had a good win today over 5th seed Misa Eguchi ranked #232. She's had a decent ITF season after a pretty quiet year. With this win she'll go up to about #600 which is a career high ranking. Good work!
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM   #5
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

^ According to the ITF she lost that match to Eguchi Good effort though against a higher ranked player.

She's been on my watch list the last year or so. Definitely one of the best players in her age group and one of the contenders for an AO qualy wildcard I reckon.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM   #6
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Crap.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM   #7
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Alright, so Azra is through to the semis of the 18's Australian Champs, and Ash Barty is the next hurdle. I didn't get the feeling that Azra was playing her best tennis coming into this tournament, but when you see lots of 3-set scorelines in a player's record, that's usually a sign that they're fighting like heck to still get those wins in spite of any lack of rhythm. Azra has definitely had her own fair share of 3-setters in recent times. Anyway, it's interesting to hear her talk about her quarterfinal win over Woolcock in this interview, because she already sounds pretty thoughtful about her tennis.

Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #8
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Azra beat Khromacheva 1-6 7-6 6-4 in the second round of Launceston quallies. even if Khromacheva was tired from Burnie last week, she's still junior number one and her top level is close to top 100, so she was obviously still expected to be better than Azra today. looks like Azra is heading in the right direction so far this year.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #9
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

great win for Azra!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #10
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

What a win!
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #11
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of how tired Irina was etc it's still a nice big psychological win for Azra, particularly with that scoreline, still must have been a tight match. Should get a fair amount of confidence from it.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:49 PM   #12
country flag Territory

Thought I'd bump this as there's been a bit of talk and respect going out to Azra in other threads. More of us are realising that there's potential with Azra and that she's starting to fulfil it. But more impressive is that she's apparently doing it independently, supported by mum and dad (hence not travelling as much as some other girls).

Azra's had a decent year and cracked the top 500 currently sitting at #421. Her best win is still the one over Khromacheva back in Feb but she made two $25K quarter-finals later in the year. A short season in Eastern Europe mid year didn't bring much success but hopefully some good experience.

Today she plays Belinda Woolcock in a Platinum AMT semi-final and is still waiting for a spot in the Oz Open WC Playoff. Keep going Azra!
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:18 AM   #13
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Azra

She should atleast get a QWC for Aussie opens and Aussie Open series.

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM   #14
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Agree, also supported by her siblings who work to provide funding, while she travels in the family bus around Australia. So Azra, keep up the good work, you've worked hard against the odds to get where you are without support. Please continue to be an inspiration to all other Aussie battlers and kick some TA favourite arse. Sponsors out there, give her a go, journos give her some profile. Imagine what she could do with opportunities at the next level and refinement.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #15
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Nice win for Azra, keep it going girl!
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote