Sori heads to Europe's red clay tournaments - 2011 (Waiting for Improvement) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Sori heads to Europe's red clay tournaments - 2011 (Waiting for Improvement)

First tournament will be the 500k WTA in Marbella of the first week in April. She reached the semis there in 2009 and beat Kirilenko last year in the first round!

So, a good place for a come back!

Unfortunately, she likely has to play qualies there...

Last edited by Curcubeu : Mar 27th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #2
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sori heads to Europe's red clay tournaments - 2011 (Waiting for Improvement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
First tournament will be the 220k WTA in Marbella of the first week in April. She reached the semis there in 2009 and beat Kirilenko last year in the first round!

So, a good place for a come back!

Unfortunately, she likely has to play qualies there...
Playing qualies in her 1st clay event of the year will be an advantage. It means providing she get through the qualies she will enter the main draw with a couple of matches under her belt, full of confidence and adjusted to the new surface. And if she doesn't get through the qualies....well she wouldn't have gone far in the main draw in such circumstances anyway.
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #3
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sori heads to Europe's red clay tournaments - 2011 (Waiting for Improvement)

Shvedbarilescu said exactly what I wanted to say... it´s a good challenge to play qualies if she passes into MD she can take an advantage of playing qualies I think it can only help her... hope we´ll see some improvement....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 05:15 AM   #4
country flag leo830301

leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck for the Clay court!!!! Break your own record at Roland Garros in 2008!!! I believe in You!
leo830301 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #5
country flag Villaran

Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all

I will be there to support Sori!!!!!!
Villaran is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #6
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villaran View Post
take as many pictures of Sori as possible!
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #7
country flag Villaran

Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
take as many pictures of Sori as possible!
Sure
Villaran is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #8
country flag leo830301

leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villaran View Post
Wow! Cool! I envy You!

Cheer Sori for her lots of consecutive Victories!
leo830301 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #9
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

I don´t know if its good because if she loses in Q I will die! and marbella isn´t 220k its 500k I think so more points tougher players
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #10
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, yes you are right, but the WTA points are the same compared to 220k!
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #11
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you guys realize this, but this clay court season will be the most important 2 months of Sorana's career
This can make or break her. If she doesn't find her form here, I don't think she will ever live up to her potential

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #12
country flag Curcubeu

Why do you think so?
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #13
country flag Rovegun

hopefully hellas is not right but it can happen like he/she says (sorry don´t know you gender)... Sori has a lot of potentila she´s still young and she can come back to her best but meanwhile it is taking a lot of time to get her where she was in 2009... hopefully this clay season will help her... Marbella will show us first signs...
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Why do you think so?
She is wasting time with her slump. Look at her peers. Look at Wozniacki, Azarenka, Pavlyuchenkova, A.Radwanska, etc. Then look at Sori. Do you see the difference? Sori should be right up the with those girls in the top 20. But instead she isn't. She had chances over the past two years to do better and she couldn't. It isn't going to get any easier for her. If she doesn't have a good clay season, I doubt she'll do well during the rest of the year. This part of the season is where she should win her matches. If she can't win on clay, she won't win on other surfaces. She needs to improve her ranking and play more matches. This is the only way for her to gain some consistency.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #15
country flag Curcubeu

Agree, but there is still something which annoys me a lot. It's not in doubt that Sori is in a big slump, the biggest of her career so far, but it seems to me that many people easily forget that she has always been an up and down player. Consistency?, she never knew what that means!

In her so often called breakthrough season 2009, she has lost everything and all matches on Hard (getting destroyed by Koryttseva in Miami with 1-6, 2-6 ) until the clay season started. Then her sensational run at the French Open followed. After that some signs of consistency and she seemed to have got her game together. Another great semi at LA on hard, where she was able to beat Woz, finally kind of established her among the new upcoming and promising youngsters.

But though having such great runs, she just finished the year at #39 showing that even at that time she slumped at some parts of the season. Last year she has also been inconsistent, too inconsistent and was of course not able to defend her points because she didn't have even one run at a bigger event...

Looking at the start of this season, she is playing obviously better than in the early session of her best year 2009 so far or at least more successful beating Top 100 players like Lucic, Barrois, Dushevina and Scheepers, the first three all in straights!

I know it might sound a bit strange or provoking, but I am more than sure that she is likely to have another run this year, maybe like in 2009 when we wouldn't expect it at all! Her game is super effective when things are working out and when she feels fit enough!

We will see! Stay optimistic!