ART: Fed Cup! UPDATE! EVERYONE SEND POINTS! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #1
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future
ART: Fed Cup! UPDATE! EVERYONE SEND POINTS!

This new and exciting event will be coming to ART during the hiatus between Season 1 and Season 2!

For now, I'd like to start gathering commitments so that I can see which teams might be formed in order to have a great Fed Cup Competition. If there are too many players from a certain country the highest ranked Singles player will decide what the lineup will be for any and all match-ups for the Fed Cup Weekend!

The format for a weekend draw will be, a 5 tie match, 4 singles and 1 Doubles tie, with the first team to 3 winning the tie and moving onto the next round which will be played at a later date or the same weekend depending on how big the tournament is!

So, Come on down, get your players signed up, and more information will follow!

Last edited by Ianto_Jones : Feb 23rd, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Ianto_Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #2
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future
Re: ART: Fed Cup!

Entry List:

Great Britain: Laura Robson, Anne Keothavong

The Soviet Union Anna Chakvetdaze, Nadia Petrova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Federal Union of Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine: Alona Bondarenko, Victoria Azarenka, Dominika Cibulslutkova

Canada: Rebecca Marino, El Tabakh, Fichman, Pelletier

Serbia: Bojana Jovanovski, Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic

Belgium: Justine Henin, Yanina Wickmayer, Kim Clijsters

United States of Asia & Australia: Jie Zheng, Kurumi Nara, Samantha Stosur

East Germany: Sabine Lisicki, Patty Schnyder, Anna Kournikova, Elena Vesnina

United States of America: Venus Williams, Sloane Stevens, Martina Navratilova, Monica Seles

Russia: Maria Sharapova, Svetlana Kuznetzonva, Vera Zvonareva, Dinara Safina

France: Alize Cornet, Marion Bartoli, Mary Pierce

Spain: Pous-Tio, Vidagany, Anabel Medina Garrigues Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario

Czech Republic: Lucie Safarova, Krystina Pliskova, Karolina Pliskova, Petra Kvitova

Romanian-Hungarian-Grecian Empire: Sorana Cirstea, Agnes Szavay, Eleni Daniilidou, Timea Babos

West Germany Andrea Petkovic, Julia Goerges, Liezel Huber

Captains are in Italics, they are the player on a team that I feel would be the best leader for a team, and as of right now they are subject to change based on joining, and results in Indian Wells and Miami. Rankings will play a big part in my decision.

I've tried combining some teams in an effort to ensure that everyone will get a chance to play--I'm hoping that someone else from Germany will join up, but please let me know if you want to do it like this or represent a different country.

UPDATE!
Okay. The Teams have been split up into WORLD GROUPS! These were decided by whichever country had the higher singles players. World Group 1 will have an 8 person Draw, with the Quarterfinal tie being played at the end of this season, the Semi-Final at the end of season 2, and the Final at the end of season 3. In World Group 1, the tie will consist of 5 Matches, 4 Singles matches, and 1 Doubles match, with the winner moving on to the Semi-Finals, and the loser has to go to the World Group Play-Offs.

In World Group 2, we currently have 6 teams, which will be split up into 2 Round Robin Groups, consisting of 3 Teams each. The top 2 finishers, will proceed to the World Group Playoffs, and the ties will be the same format as World Group 1 (5 Matches!). The 2 teams that Fail to make the play-off will have a battle to determine seeding for next years group. There will be a rolling world ranking, which is similar to the one that the Fed Cup currently uses.

Each player will get 1000 points to divvy up into 3 sets as they see fit, you may put 0 into one set if you so wish. Doubles teams will just be a combination of those points. Captains are expected to get the points from their teammates and send them to me with your lineups when you have them compiled together!

Get ready for a GREAT Tournament! May the best team win! (Of course...thats Great Britain...:Rolleyes:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks,

Ianto Jones,

Last edited by Ianto_Jones : Mar 8th, 2011 at 02:17 AM.
Ianto_Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #3
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Bojana in for serbia! Anna K in for Russia! Sloane S in for U.S.A!
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #4
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

great, thankyou i'll do the artwork later. Zheng is in but there is no one else playing for China maybe there can be a team asia ? There are 2 Japanese players

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #5
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Japina just call it Asia
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #6
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Anne is needed for GB
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #7
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur for Aus?

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #8
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Lisicki to play for Germany (Maybe add there Goerges and Petkovic )

Kuznetsova in for Russia

Justine Henin in for Belgium (Clijsters and Wickmayer can commit in as well )
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #9
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

+ Masha for Russia
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #10
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

So team Russia is completed

Kournikova,Kuznetsova,Sharapova
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #11
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Also Pliskova's for Czech

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #12
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Hantuchova for Slovakia, Hlavackova for Czech Republic and Larsson for Sweden.
But we can creata group of countries, too.
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #13
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Dominika Cibulkova for Slovakia

And I guess that Chakvetadze and Petrova can't play
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #14
country flag Ianto_Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesley View Post
Dominika Cibulkova for Slovakia

And I guess that Chakvetadze and Petrova can't play

Well, names in Italics are the captain (the highest ranked player from their country....) and they get to decide the lineups.

I might split Russia up into two teams if we have a ton of players on their team.

E.g. I would create a civil war in russia, one where Siberia declared its independence.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #15
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe spanish team however after anabels performances off and on court no one wil want to play with her
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote