SEC Women Tennis 2011 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #76
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
"Joffe expects his team to build on the loss and with his top 3 returning and the addition of blue chip recruit Anna Mamalat, he is already looking forward to next season. "I think the Aggies will have a very, very fine team next year that will be very difficult to beat for any team in the country.""

watch out SEC
Ugh the fact that they are SEC and not Big 12...I can't even...hook 'em.
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #77
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Ugh the fact that they are SEC and not Big 12...I can't even...hook 'em.
Mboyle and I agree on something
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #78
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Hey all 3 of us agree! Don't like the fact they're in the SEC, but I can tell you they are gonna be good!
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #79
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Oh don't worry. I'm sure you'll be hating the Long Horns and cheering the Aggie move to the SEC in no time!
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #80
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

SEC honors

"“If you look at this list, for us to have four on the All-SEC and two on the All-Freshman Team it shows what we have accomplished this season,” Beyers said. “These girls are all very deserving of the honors. This is the best tennis conference in the country, so to be mentioned among all these players is a great achievement.”"

blasphemy

Coach of the Year: Jenny Mainz, Alabama
Player of the Year: Lauren Embree, Florida
Freshman of the Year: Lauren Herring, Georgia
Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Courtney McLane, Alabama

All-SEC First Team
Alexa Guarachi, Alabama
Mary Anne Macfarlane, Alabama
Lauren Embree, Florida
Joanna Mather, Florida
Sofie Oyen, Florida
Allie Will, Florida
Chelsey Gullickson, Georgia
Lauren Herring, Georgia
Maho Kowase, Georgia
Kristi Boxx, Ole Miss
Brynn Boren, Tennessee
Jackie Wu, Vanderbilt

All-SEC Second Team
Courtney McLane, Alabama
Alexandra Cercone, Florida
Caroline Hitimana, Florida
Kate Fuller, Georgia
Nadja Gilchrist, Georgia
Lilly Kimbell, Georgia
Abby Guthrie, Ole Miss
Caroline Rohde-Moe, Ole Miss
Erin Stephens, Ole Miss
Jaklin Alawi, South Carolina
Anya Morgina, South Carolina
Natalie Pluskota, Tennessee
Kata Szekely, Tennessee
Marie Casares, Vanderbilt
Lauren Mira, Vanderbilt

All-Freshman Team
Lauren Herring, Georgia
Marie Casares, Vanderbilt
Ashleigh Antal, Vanderbilt
Julia Jones, Ole Miss
Erin Stephens, Ole Miss
Stephanie Fox, Kentucky
Edmée Morin-Kougoucheff, Kentucky

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #81
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

I just saw the home page of Ole Miss women's tennis: http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...nnis-body.html

That photo of Kristi Boxx is just too much
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #82
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

her face expression like in a trance?

it must've been devastating for her, since it was her final dual match

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #83
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UA article

""Today was a heartbreaker for the team," said Alabama head coach Jenny Mainz. "Definitely give credit to Georgia Tech. They came out well prepared, however I think we did a lot of things well and a lot of things right. We knew it was going to be a battle. In the end, it came down to a point or two. I told the team in the locker room that I was proud of them. It doesn't change because we lost a tennis match. We stand for a lot more than one match.""

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #84
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UGA article

"Record Setters: With their victory during the first round match against College of Charleston, sophomores Lilly Kimbell and Maho Kowase set a school record with their 20th straight doubles win of the season and moved their overall record to 22-2. The duo extended the record with another doubles win against Clemson in the second round. The previous record for consecutive doubles victories was 19 by the All-American duo of Marissa Catlin and Vanessa Castellano set in 1999."

I guess Maho controlling the backcourt and Lilly dominating the net formula worked? UGA dbls is really strong..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM   #85
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

The hot topic next season will be UF's lineup, sgls 1 & 2.

WILL WILL AGAIN PLAY #1 IN THE NCAA, WHILE EMBREE WON ALL 3 IN THE FINALS AND WILL WAS ON THE VERGE OF LOSING ALL 3?

place your bets, ladies and gentlemen

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 04:56 AM   #86
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I'm not sure if anyone posted this already, but anyway;

TRN link to Lewis's interview with coach Thornqvist

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:30 PM   #87
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

That is a great interview! I especially agree with the part about getting college tennis on TV. With some of the programming they resort to playing on the tennis channel, there is certainly room to add college tennis!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:04 PM   #88
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
That is a great interview! I especially agree with the part about getting college tennis on TV. With some of the programming they resort to playing on the tennis channel, there is certainly room to add college tennis!
When I was in Athens, there were many times we would go out to dinner and you could get NCAA Regional Softball of two random teams on TV and of course, not NCAA Tennis. (Nothing against Softball, just saying).
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM   #89
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
The hot topic next season will be UF's lineup, sgls 1 & 2.

WILL WILL AGAIN PLAY #1 IN THE NCAA, WHILE EMBREE WON ALL 3 IN THE FINALS AND WILL WAS ON THE VERGE OF LOSING ALL 3?

place your bets, ladies and gentlemen
This article says her first pro tournament is Evansville, maybe old news. idk, haven't been watching every day

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...line---tennis/
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:54 AM   #90
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Oh, so Will has really turned pro?

Well, UF recruits Collins and Keegan did very well at the Clay National which was just finished. Collins won the even defeating Andrews and Loeb, and Keegan advanced to Quartefinal, beating Porter in 2(bagel in the 1st). Won the Consolation too, beating Chirico and Stewart.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 23rd, 2012 at 03:00 AM.