SEC Women Tennis 2011 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #61
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

Hitimana closes it out. What a weird match to follow. She was down 1-5 in the 1st set, won 7-5. Up 4-1 in the 2nd, lost 6-4. Down 3-1 in the 3rd, wins 6-4. We have come to expect that from her, though. As streaky a player as you will find in college. Good job, Gators. Great effort from UGA. I wouldn't be surprised if they met again down the road.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #62
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

from UF website;

"The SEC Tournament title, which is the Gator’s third straight, marks Florida’s 18th league postseason crown in the 26-year history of the event."

coach Thornqvist says;

" I think once again our fitness proved to perhaps make a little bit of a difference. "

"Mather, who on Sunday posted her 14th consecutive singles win, joins Nicole Arendt, Dawn Buth, Stephanie Nickitas, Jessica Lehnhoff, Nina Suvak and Zerene Reyes as the only Gators to win 100 matches in both disciplines.

“She’s been our MVP for three years, frankly,” Thornqvist said of Mather. “ I’m just very pleased to see that she could get it here at this tournament. It sort of rubber stamps her career I think. But she’s been our MVP for three years.” "
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:50 AM   #63
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

WHY ARE LEATU AND PREEG NOT ON VANDY'S ROSTER?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #64
country flag fantic

I just googled Leatu and she has a twitter;

"Alex Leatu ‏ @AlexLeatu
Last day at Vandy tomorrow. Can't believe how fast time has gone by. Starting a new chapter... #startingtosaymygoodbyes"

where to?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:16 AM   #65
country flag MotownBake

MotownBake is an unknown quantity at this point

tcu
MotownBake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM   #66
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBake View Post
tcu
Really? That's news! Thx. Vandy is certainly weakened now..

So is she on the pic of TCU on the website? Sitting in the middle?

link

TCU receives lots of transfers
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 2nd, 2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:16 AM   #67
country flag fantic

Embree article
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #68
country flag fantic

I subscribe to USC women twitter and came upon this;

"Alex Leatu ‏ @AlexLeatu
@jwilsontennis TCU or Baylor!"
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #69
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Leatu not playing in the NCAA's
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #70
country flag fantic

someone posted this at Zootennis;

"RD said...
Alex Leatu is now going to be playing for Baylor, which is why she is no longer on Vanderbilt's roster.

5/08/2012"
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #71
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
someone posted this at Zootennis;

"RD said...
Alex Leatu is now going to be playing for Baylor, which is why she is no longer on Vanderbilt's roster.

5/08/2012"
What...Joey at Baylor has swiped yet another player.... hell, even Homeland Security could figure out what is going on in Waco... but not the NCAA.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #72
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Hilarious article.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=23084
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #73
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
" "When you're on a really good team like this, you're bound to get a bunch of very competitive girls, but the way they've approached the whole thing, it really hasn't been an issue at all," sophomore Olivia Janowicz said of the Will-Embree relationship. "All of us are such good friends. We basically do everything together, and there are not a lot of teams that have what we have in terms of chemistry."

She paused.

"We hear stories about other places.
" "

dramatic We need names, Olivia, you're too prudent
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #74
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
" "When you're on a really good team like this, you're bound to get a bunch of very competitive girls, but the way they've approached the whole thing, it really hasn't been an issue at all," sophomore Olivia Janowicz said of the Will-Embree relationship. "All of us are such good friends. We basically do everything together, and there are not a lot of teams that have what we have in terms of chemistry."

She paused.

"We hear stories about other places.
" "

dramatic We need names, Olivia, you're too prudent
you're right, I love the "she paused" part to make it dramatic that's actually hilarious
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #75
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

"Joffe expects his team to build on the loss and with his top 3 returning and the addition of blue chip recruit Anna Mamalat, he is already looking forward to next season. "I think the Aggies will have a very, very fine team next year that will be very difficult to beat for any team in the country.""

watch out SEC
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote