SEC Women Tennis 2011 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #256
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=25676

Lauren Embree article.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #257
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Ravita Receives NCAA Tournament At-Large Bid

"Freshman Nadia Ravita received an at-large bid for the NCAA Championships.

May 2, 2013

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Continuing her historic freshman season, Nadia Ravita received a singles at-large bid for the 2013 NCAA Division 1 Women’s Tennis Championships, one of 48 players nationally to be selected by the NCAA Division 1 Women’s Tennis Subcommittee.

“The whole team is excited to see that Nadia will have a chance to gain valuable experience and accomplish some amazing things in the national individual tournament,” UK head coach Carlos Drada said. “The fact that Nadia had such a remarkable season as a freshman is a testament to her hard work and competitive spirit.”

Posting a 20-4 singles record, including 10-3 in Southeastern Conference matches, Ravita was named Second Team All-SEC and All-Freshman, the first Kentucky player to be named All-SEC since Christine Johnson in 2010 and the first UK freshman to be named All-SEC since Megan Broderick in 2008.

Ravita’s bid makes her the first UK player to compete in the singles competition at the NCAA Championships since Kim Coventry received an at-large bid in 2006. Coventry defeated Georgia Tech’s Lyndsay Shosho in the first round of competition but ultimately fell in the Round of 32.

Currently ranked 24th nationally, the freshman has ranked as high as 22nd nationally, the highest singles ranking for a UK player since 2006 when Kim Coventry opened the season ranked 15th.

Ravita’s singles record ties the best record for a member of the program since 2008, when Christine Johnson finished the year 20-4.

The Jakarta, Indonesia, native’s signature win came early in conference play when she knocked off fourth-ranked Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar of Texas A&M. After dropping the first set 6-2, Ravita stormed back to take the second set 6-4 and claim the match with a 6-2 win in the third set.

“This is the beginning of great things to come not only for Nadia but also for the rest of the team next season,” Drada said."

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #258
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

UF unbeaten at home again.

From UF website;

"The win was Florida’s 10th consecutive overall victory, as well as its 119th straight win at home and its 124th regular-season win at home which includes a 12-0 home record this year."

Who will stop this? Thankfully for UF they 'travel' to Stanford next season Can UNC stop the streak?

UF invited CU, Baylor and Stanford and went to UNC and Duke.
So will UF invite UNC and Duke next season? Both teams might be better than UF..

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 15th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM   #259
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

That was fast.

UA already updated their roster for the next season;

2013-14 Roster
Coaches

NAME HT Year EXP Hometown (Last School)
Carmen Blanco 5-4 FR HS Caracas, Venezuela (Mater Salvatoris)
Maya Jansen 5-9 SO 1L Valleyford, Wash. (Freeman HS)
Mary Anne Macfarlane 5-7 SR 3L Ogden, Utah (Weber HS)
Natalia Maynetto 5-6 SO 1L Naples, Fla. (Barron Collier HS)
Luicelena Perez 5-6 FR HS Naguanagua, Venezuela (Juan XXIII Valencia)
Erin Routliffe 6-2 FR HS Caledon, Ontario, Canada (Bill Cruthers S.S.)
Danielle Spielmann 5-4 FR HS Riehen, Basel, Switzerland (Boca Prep Int. School (Fla.))

Emily Zabor 5-8 JR 2L Marietta, Ga. (Walton HS)

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:42 PM   #260
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Ayaka Okuno is playing the Junior French Open in singles and in doubles with Jamie Loeb, and she's playing Wimbledon too!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #261
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

^the last player I heard that played juniors after or during their first college season was Gibbs. Anyone else?
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #262
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Peggy recently beat Zoe Scandalis in 2 at an ITF event.

And she just won dbls in 10k Bethany Beach. Before that won EB dbls too.

Morgan is in the final of Bethany Beach. UF will be glad Really, getting Morgan was QUITE a coup..

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #263
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

^I think I read somewhere that the head coach said somewhere along the lines where they train for two weeks before classes or the start of the season and that Brianna was the most improved in that time period out of any player he has coached.

http://www.alligator.org/sports/arti...9bb2963f4.html
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon

Last edited by Kevin. : Jun 17th, 2013 at 03:31 AM.
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote