2011 Miami - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #31
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Sabine deleted my comment from her status. Did I say something bad/rude?
Only guessing but maybe with Sabine trying to win more fans as part of this xperia hotshots project she doesn't want criticism, even if it's trying to be helpful, on her page. I think she is quite sensitive.

Last edited by Mike81 : Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #32
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Only guessing but maybe with Sabine trying to win more fans as part of this xperia hotshots project she doesn't want criticism, even if it's trying to be helpful, on her page.

Maybe you are right Mike.. Maybe that project is more important than one of biggest fan's comment.. If so, I wont write her anymore.. Anyway, big match tomorrow. I hope she wins
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #33
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe you are right Mike.. Maybe that project is more important than one of biggest fan's comment.. If so, I wont write her anymore.. Anyway, big match tomorrow. I hope she wins
I think you should still write her. I'm sure she appreciates your comments and she obviously reads them. She just didn't like that particular comment because she's trying to present herself in the best possible way and it's her page so she has full control over it Atleast this is my guess...

Yeah she has nothing to lose against Petrova, she can just go for her shots. Go Sabine!
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #34
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sabine deleted my comment from her status. Did I say something bad/rude?
I think its unfair to criticize Sabine only based on live scoring.
Live scoring can be deceiving.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #35
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
It can be deceiving but didn't we see she lost lots of cheap points? Czink came from 0-40s... She is a sports person and she has to respect all the criticisms about her. Being a sports-person requires to be open to criticism. I wasn't rude, didn't say a bad word to her. Just said next time play better and avoid doing this mistakes. Sabine is not the only one who I write this kind of criticisms. None of them deleted my comment besides, sometimes they reply me.
Anyway, I hope she wins today.

Last edited by Geekking : Mar 24th, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #36
country flag Mike81

Quote:
It can be deceiving but didn't we see she lost lots of cheap points? Czink came from 0-40s... She is a sports person and she has to respect all the criticisms about her. I wasn't rude, didn't say a bad word. Just said next time play better and avoid doing this mistakes.
Sabine was feeling good about herself for finally getting that win and 'battling it out' as she said. I think she is quite sensitive to criticism and it looks like your post upset her when she was feeling good. She would probably prefer to hear these kinds of criticisms from her dad rather than fans. I didn't personally have a problem with your comments but since Sabine did and we are big fans, we should be understanding of her.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #37
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
I wrote this comment to Sabine's facebook status. [...]

[...] To be honest, your match statistics and your game didn't impressed me much. I was expecting a win 2-0 and something like 6-2 6-3 for you.. Czink was so weak she made 13dfs and it basically means she gifted 3 games to you. More dramatic one is she had 11bp chances! 12/47 %26 1st return point statistic for a player like you is uneasy. [...]"
I second cosmoose's reply and add my 2 cents:
  • Your comment about Melinda (made seven DF in opening set, which Sabine won 63 by one break), says much more about yourself than quality of Melinda's play.
  • Melinda had eight of her eleven BPs in set two. She converted two and won set 75.
  • You need to know quality of Meldinda's service, if you judge Sabines (WTA 217) returns.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #38
country flag Geekking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
I second cosmoose's reply and add my 2 cents:
  • Your comment about Melinda (made seven DF in opening set, which Sabine won 63 by one break), says much more about yourself than quality of Melinda's play.
  • Melinda had eight of her eleven BPs in set two. She converted two and won set 75.
  • You need to know quality of Meldinda's service, if you judge Sabines (WTA 217) returns.
Why don't you guys look Czink's previous matches?

Miami Round Result H A
22.03. Lisicki S. - Czink M. 1R 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
Clearwater ITF Round Result H A
08.03. Foretz Gacon S. - Czink M. 1R 5-5
07.03. Czink M. - Dabrowski G. Q-R16 6-4, 6-2
06.03. Czink M. - Giorgi C. Q-1R 6-1, 7-61
Hammond ITF Round Result H A
01.03. Savinykh V. - Czink M. 1R 6-1, 7-6
27.02. Czink M. - Cabeza-Candela E. Q-R16 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
26.02. Czink M. - Kichenok L. Q-1R 6-3, 6-3

Who did she play and how did she lost.. Do you think those rivals much more strong or talented than Sabine? Sabine is now world #218 but we all know her real game! What it was and what is should be.. I don't deny that she just came back from a long season break but an opponent like Czink who didn't play much in this season, only played ITF and retired from them can be easy beatable for Sabine! Compare them achievements, team behind them, age, victories etc.. You said Czink's serve quality? What quality are you talking about? Is he serving better than Sabine does? Don't make me laugh guys. Mike maybe you are right, maybe she don't want to hear those from her fans...

Btw;
Check their match stats in 2009 Bali and 2011 Miami

Sabine Lisicki Melinda Czink (Bali)
Sevice Statistics
Aces 15 3
Double Faults 7 3

1st Serve Percentage 54% (45/84) 66% (62/94)
1st Serve Points Won 78% (35/45) 56% (35/62)

2nd Serve Points Won 56% (22/39) 69% (22/32)
Break Points Saved 50% (2/4) 55% (6/11)
Service Games Played 15 15
Statistics on Return
1st Return Points Won 44% (27/62) 22% (10/45)
2nd Return Points Won 31% (10/32) 44% (17/39)

Break Points Won 45% (5/11) 50% (2/4)
Return Games Played 15 15
Statistics on Points
Total Service Points Won 68% (57/84) 61% (57/94)
Total Return Points Won 39% (37/94) 32% (27/84)
Total Points Won 53% (94/178) 47% (84/178)

Tournament Miami WTA
Round Round of 96
Winner Sabine Lisicki
Duration 157 minutes
Sabine Lisicki Melinda Czink
Sevice Statistics
Aces 5 0
Double Faults 7 13
1st Serve Percentage 48% (62/128) 48% (47/98)
1st Serve Points Won 60% (37/62) 74% (35/47)
2nd Serve Points Won 61% (40/66) 51% (26/51)
Break Points Saved 82% (9/11) 57% (4/7)
Service Games Played 16 15
Statistics on Return
1st Return Points Won 26% (12/47) 40% (25/62)
2nd Return Points Won 49% (25/51) 39% (26/66)
Break Points Won 43% (3/7) 18% (2/11)
Return Games Played 15 16
Statistics on Points
Total Service Points Won 60% (77/128) 62% (61/98)
Total Return Points Won 38% (37/98) 40% (51/128)
Total Points Won 50% (114/226) 50% (112/226)

Last edited by Geekking : Mar 24th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #39
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
[...] Sabine is now world #218 but we all know her real game!
Maybe this is the reason for your disappointment: Sabine was neither able to transform her results from 2009 into first quarter 2010 nor after her comeback. Reflect her losses in 2011 and maybe its time to adjust your expectations:

R2 Auckland Yanina Wickmayer (# 23) 26 63 26
Q2 Melbourne Vesna Manasieva (# 146) 67(5) 46
QF Midland Lucie Hradecka (# 106) 16 62 67(3)
Q1 [WC]Indian Wells Sorana Cristea (# ) 64 67(2) 26

Quote:
You said Czink's serve quality? What quality are you talking about? Is he serving better than Sabine does? Don't make me laugh guys.
As cosmoose I am not able to judge Melinda's service quality from steering at score boards and/or stats. Independently, Sabine's services are autonomous from her returns!
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #40
country flag Geekking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
Maybe this is the reason for your disappointment: Sabine was neither able to transform her results from 2009 into first quarter 2010 nor after her comeback. Reflect her losses in 2011 and maybe its time to adjust your expectations:

R2 Auckland Yanina Wickmayer (# 23) 26 63 26
Q2 Melbourne Vesna Manasieva (# 146) 67(5) 46
QF Midland Lucie Hradecka (# 106) 16 62 67(3)
Q1 [WC]Indian Wells Sorana Cristea (# ) 64 67(2) 26
I know but Czink was so weak. I didn't expect good result or statistics while she was playing against Wickmayer nor Hradecka&Cirstea but Czink is not playing a good tennis therefore I wanted Sabine to defeat her easly. Today I'm not expecting an easy much too.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #41
country flag Qalahari

Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute

How about we wait until her 2nd round match is over, we will know about her playing mode then...
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
Qalahari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #42
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know but Czink was so weak. I didn't expect good result or statistics while she was playing against Wickmayer nor Hradecka&Cirstea but Czink is not playing a good tennis therefore I wanted Sabine to defeat her easly. Today I'm not expecting an easy much too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
If you look at her service game stats, they were pretty bad, esp. in 2nd set with only 54% first serve points won. Normally she should have had Czink under control with her service, regardless of her return game.

Quote:
Dunno how much her management (or Sony) looks after her facebook page, even now when it is part of the "xperia"-campaign. Maybe it was too negative towards Czink.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #43
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It can be deceiving but didn't we see she lost lots of cheap points? Czink came from 0-40s... She is a sports person and she has to respect all the criticisms about her. Being a sports-person requires to be open to criticism. I wasn't rude, didn't say a bad word to her. Just said next time play better and avoid doing this mistakes. Sabine is not the only one who I write this kind of criticisms. None of them deleted my comment besides, sometimes they reply me.
Anyway, I hope she wins today.
Although you may think you know what happened, YOU DIDN'T SEE how she lost those points unless you were there.
Most likely you are right about what probably happened. But we can't be certain. So I hesistate to criticize a match based only on live scoring.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #44
country flag Geekking

She won today against Petrova. Her stats were better than her last match. Good result against top 30. Good luck against Sharapova..
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #45
country flag Qalahari

Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute

Just what I said, she won also her 2nd round match
Awesome, Sabine, keep going
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
Qalahari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote