Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2 - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1441
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

Grönefeld needs a strong partner at the net and not another high risk player.

Strange decision and I just can't understand, why Grönefeld is not able to find a decent partner.
First of all, I can't understand, why she split with Kveta. They were close to taking the next step. Even if the season was not perfect with all those injuries, they had a very strong season together.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1442
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

Except Wimbledon Lucic had mediocre results- mostly with good partners

Maybe it is difficult for ALG to find a partner because she still isn`t in good shape?(and will never be)

Barrois would have been better, Lucic is #37, Barrois #57 without having a partner like Jankovic and without playing a GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.

Last edited by Chaosm21 : Dec 25th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1443
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosm21 View Post
Except Wimbledon Lucic had mediocre results- mostly with good partners

Maybe it is difficult for ALG to find a partner because she still isn`t in good shape?(and will never be)

Barrois would have been better, Lucic is #37, Barrois #57 without having a partner like Jankovic and without playing a GS.
But Barrois would probably only be available for the Grand Slams as a partner since she'll play ITF's after Australia.
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1444
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Lucic I dont like that at all! Although she is a grand slam champion in doubles...cant forget that but I don't think it'll work at all. I'll see them in Brisbane anyway and see how that works out

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos

Last edited by Davodus : Dec 26th, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #1445
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I took some photos of ALG today, but it was hard because she was on the hidden court so there were like 4 fences in the way

so they look something like this:

in this album there are more: https://plus.google.com/photos/11413...697?banner=pwa

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #1446
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

there is torsten, so yeah, they signed a coaching deal.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #1447
country flag -tim83-

-tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future

While Peschke is the top-seed with her "new" partner in Brisbane, ALG and Mirjana are facing the second-seeds Jankovic and Hsieh in the first round..
-tim83- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #1448
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
there is torsten, so yeah, they signed a coaching deal.
She was hitting with Kveta anyway, but it seems so. I didn't see ALG today so I would be interested to see if he comes out to her practice/match without Kveta

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1449
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -tim83- View Post
While Peschke is the top-seed with her "new" partner in Brisbane, ALG and Mirjana are facing the second-seeds Jankovic and Hsieh in the first round..
Yeah its tough but they aren't unbeatable, they are only 2nd seeds because Hsieh is ranked so high

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #1450
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

I wish she'd just come back to singles

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #1451
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.annalenagroenefeld.com/?p=1543

Quote:
Frohe Weihnachten

25. Dezember 2013

Hallo und Frohe Weihnachten an euch alle! Ich hoffe, ihr verbringt gemütliche Festtage mit eurer Familie! Nachdem ich gestern einen wunderschönen Abend im Kreise meiner Familie hatte, sitze ich jetzt leider am Frankfurter Flughafen und verbringe die Feiertage im Flugzeug nach Brisbane!

Das Jahr ging wieder so unglaublich schnell vorbei und die neue Saiosn geht schon wieder los. Nach einem doch ganz erfolgreichen Jahr mit Kveta, auch wenn wir leider nicht das Maseters erreicht haben, werde ich in die neue Saison mit Mirjana Lucic-Baroni starten. Ich hatte eine tolle Zeit mit Kveta und wünsche ihr alles gute für die kommende Saison. Ich freue mich jetzt aber darauf mit Mirjana anzugreifen und zu schauen was das Jahr so bringen wird. Wir starten in Brisbane und werden dann noch in Sydney angreifen bevor es dann zu den Australian Open nach Melbourne geht!

Meine Vorsätze für das neue Jahr: Mehr Einträge auf der Webseite! Ansonsten wünsche ich mir einfach nur gesund zu bleiben!

Euch allen auch alles Gute für 2014!

Anna
I love that Anna-Lena plays doubles with Mirjana Lucic in 2014 !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1452
country flag Davodus

I watched them do a 90 min practice today...they seem to gel well, lots of laughing and fun but also serious playing. They are obviously a big hitting aggressive team, but i heard them talking about Hsieh and Jankovic a lot and what tactics to play etc which was cool.

And she's defs being coached by Torsten, he was there the whole time basically coaching the team.

Pics in here https://plus.google.com/photos/11413...537?banner=pwa

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #1453
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think Lucic also lives in Sarasota just like Kveta so it all makes sense.
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1454
country flag SeMany

SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold

6:2 6:3 gegen die an 2 gesetzten Hsieh /Jankovic

für mich nur eine kleine Überraschung, aber trotzdem schön
SeMany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #1455
country flag Davodus

I posted this in the Lucic Forum

Quote:
They pretty much overwhelmed Hsieh with way too much power...Hsieh and Jankovic were hardly talking but ALG/Mirjana were really upbeat, positive, lots of talking, encouraging each other a lot and just playing confidently. The only issue was DFs from both of them, if they didnt do those this could have been about 6-2 6-1. ALG did some great crosses at net and Mirjana was serving bombs on her first serve, and she also hit an amazing return winner to break Jankovic on a deciding point. They definitely matched up really well, despite the similarities in their games. And Mirjana was really happy when they won, she came jumping over to the coaches and said 'see it's not my first time playing doubles'

I'll go again tomorrow, and my pics are uploading now
I just wanna add that ALG has definitely got fitter and she played quite confidently tonight. I was surprised by her actually, when she played with Kveta I always got the impression she tried too hard to play well to be impressive or to not mess up...but tonight she kind of played more naturally. Torsten and Kveta were both watching and he seemed happy with her form.