Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2 - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #1381
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

Good job

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 12:15 AM   #1382
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Good win in the doubles, but bad loss in the mixed

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 05:11 AM   #1383
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Poseidon~ View Post
I actually don't think, this result is messy at all. Chan is a former GS- Finalist, former #6, her Sister is a top 50 doubles player.

That's not a random double, so I'm quite okay, that they could win in the end.
Both Chan sisters played incredibly well today in their mixed matches. Yung Yan outhitting Hingis and returning Bhupathis serve like it was nothing oh and then Hao-Chin returned Sock's serve pretty well throughout the match. So I can see that they are a dangerous pairing together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeMany View Post
lagen 0:3 zurück im 2.Satz und haben dann bei 5:4 nach mehren malen Einstand doch noch nach Hause serviert
Yes, ALG was very shaky and at one point in the second set when they were down yelled "Was ist mit mir denn looooosss?!!" Which means something along the lines of 'What's wrong with meee?!' She missed some easy volleys and framed a lot of returns but also had some nice shots when it mattered in the second set.
The problem of this team though is confidence. When they were serving for the match at 5-4 they looked to Torsten Peschke after every point they lost. In a desperate way... you would have thought they were about to lose the match from their looks. They got to be more confident and you often feel like ALG is embarrassed when she misses an easy ball. No need for that, Anna!!
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1384
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I got the same feeling from ALG when I was watching them here, whenever she misses or something she looks embarrassed, and it sometimes seems like she's trying to hard to impress Kveta and Torsten...like she wants to play so well to impress them. I think she puts extra pressure on herself to play well because of that and it's so unnecessary.

Agree with you about the confidence too, they are SUCH a good team when they let their gamestyles flow, ALG hitting big and Kveta crushing returns and volleys with ease...when they lose confidence or try too hard they get kind of lost, which happens a lot in the MTBs obviously. If they can get it together than can beat just about every team, which they've shown because they've beaten Errani/Vinci, Makarova/Vesnina and Petrova/Srebotnik...just need to believe in themselves

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:22 AM   #1385
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
Both Chan sisters played incredibly well today in their mixed matches. Yung Yan outhitting Hingis and returning Bhupathis serve like it was nothing oh and then Hao-Chin returned Sock's serve pretty well throughout the match. So I can see that they are a dangerous pairing together.
I think it's so strange that Hao-Chin in only 19 but never really tried singles. Was pretty astonished by that.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1386
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I think it's so strange that Hao-Chin in only 19 but never really tried singles. Was pretty astonished by that.
She tried a few times but failed to win matches in asian ITF's which seems BAD
Besides injuries i really don't undestand how Chan never climbed higher than rank 50. She's so talented.
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1387
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil=) View Post
She tried a few times but failed to win matches in asian ITF's which seems BAD
Besides injuries i really don't undestand how Chan never climbed higher than rank 50. She's so talented.
It is her fitness. She is pretty fat. ALG btw looked a lot better than she used to/or she does on TV/pix. Yung-Yan's thighs are twice as big - and it's not muscles.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1388
country flag Davodus

ALG looks better in person always tbh In person she really isn't that big now, she looks pretty ok.

Something about camera doesnt work for her

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:11 AM   #1389
country flag Davodus

R3 against Zheng/Mirza...tough one, first up court 11, so hopefully streamed

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1390
country flag Davodus

Currently playing absolutely shit...both of them can't find the court

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM   #1391
country flag Davodus

6-2 6-3 loss over 25 errors...it was bad. ALG even hit Kveta's back on a serve in the last game.

Terrible, TERRIBLE match. So much for good lead up confidence

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1392
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I think they might split up soon
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1393
country flag Davodus

They were good in the lead up...but I definitely think their inability to win one of those 2 big finals hurt their confidence a lot...if they had won Cincy for example it could have been a lot different. Today from 2-1 30-0* they just went to shit, missing just into the tape or something and it went bad to worse when the confidence left.

As for splitting up, I'm not sure what Kveta's plans even are for after this year, whether she'll play on or not...I thought she was considering retiring even last year

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1394
country flag davidmario

26UEs!! It was pretty shitty. Not even breakpoints but one clearly has to say that was due to ALG not being able to return the easiest second serves. Maybe Kveta, as a more solid returner should play the AD-side And then when I thought Kveta was about to freak out coz of ALG's mistakes she hit a second serve straight on Kveta's shoulder
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1395
country flag davidmario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
They were good in the lead up...but I definitely think their inability to win one of those 2 big finals hurt their confidence a lot...if they had won Cincy for example it could have been a lot different. Today from 2-1 30-0* they just went to shit, missing just into the tape or something and it went bad to worse when the confidence left.

As for splitting up, I'm not sure what Kveta's plans even are for after this year, whether she'll play on or not...I thought she was considering retiring even last year
She might want another GS. If she wins this US Open Mixed I'd say chances are high that she'd call it a career. But that is a big IF