Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2 - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #1591
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

6-4 6-2 win in the 2nd round...started slow, 0-3 and 2-4 down but then really too good after that. ALG never lost serve again

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #1592
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 07:40 PM   #1593
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

6-3 6-3 over Makarova/Vesnina and into the QF Great and unexpected result!

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 07:51 PM   #1594
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Great win
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 03:18 PM   #1595
country flag Davodus

6-1 7-6 loss after 3 SPs in the 2nd set

Goerges fans can sit behind their computers and blame ALG all they like, but the first set was just absolutely atrocious from them both, and the whole match in general was terrible. The return of serve from Goerges hit the back fence more times than it went in, and ALG double faulting at 6-6 in the TB was shocking. I've noticed too that the team is too dependent on how Goerges plays. If she plays well, ALG is all over the net hitting balls away, but when she is atrocious (like today) then ALG doesnt use the net like she should, and then they both suck.

Anyway, this is a terrible missed chance at a good slam run, and they pretty much just choked at the opportunity. If they played like yesterday they would have cruised through this match.

And ALG really needs to change her serve, this abbreviated motion is not and nor will it ever work.

EDIT: I'll add that body shots are a very regulation play in doubles, ALG hit about 2 of them. If you actually watch doubles weekly, you'll see the amount of body shots that happen, players expect it and dont care. That's just how it goes.

Last edited by Davodus : Jul 2nd, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1596
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all

ALG/Rojer are replaced in doubles

One of them must be injured. Normally, I would tip the man, but in this case, could be the girl also

Weird to see Petko in a Grand Slam doubles semi-final, let alone Wimbledon

The fact ALG and Görges should be capable of a top8 SINGAPORE quality if they do well in Grand Slams makes this loss even more strange
- maybe that Lucic-pairing at the beginning of 2014 and the whole first quarter separately prevents them now from a top season

Try again 2015 as a regular team
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:47 PM   #1597
country flag SeMany

SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCologne View Post
ALG/Rojer are replaced in doubles

One of them must be injured. Normally, I would tip the man, but in this case, could be the girl also

Weird to see Petko in a Grand Slam doubles semi-final, let alone Wimbledon

The fact ALG and Görges should be capable of a top8 SINGAPORE quality if they do well in Grand Slams makes this loss even more strange
- maybe that Lucic-pairing at the beginning of 2014 and the whole first quarter separately prevents them now from a top season

Try again 2015 as a regular team
Must be definitely the men as ALG played today with no injury..

sad to see ALG as the most experienced german doubles player so often losing nerves and serve when it matters...

they have less points than lisicki/hingis and even Petkovic/rybarikova are manage to get almost the same points like ALG/Görges just after 2 tournaments...

guess she will drop out of top 20 after us open
SeMany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1598
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeMany View Post
Must be definitely the men as ALG played today with no injury..

sad to see ALG as the most experienced german doubles player so often losing nerves and serve when it matters...

they have less points than lisicki/hingis and even Petkovic/rybarikova are manage to get almost the same points like ALG/Görges just after 2 tournaments...

guess she will drop out of top 20 after us open
So did Rojer, ALG has had strapping on her upper thigh this week

Old Jul 7th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1599
country flag MsPeabody

MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice

Looks like as if it was Rojer who pulled out of Wimbledon as he also pulled out of WTT.
Anna and Olga Govortsova won their match for the Springfield Lasers last night with 5:3. (against Huber/Townsend)
Lost the mixed 1:5 though.
MsPeabody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #1600
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Not playing singles this year then?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #1601
country flag MsPeabody

MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice MsPeabody is just really nice

Does not look like as if she is playing at all at the moment, crazillo :-(
Yesterday she had real bad 2nd serve stats in her double (which they last 2:5) and today she was replaced by Liga Dekmeijere. Could not find anything on the Lasers' twitter or homepage but it looks like as if Liga is playing substitute until the 13th.
If Anna is injured or sick that would explain those horrid stats from Monday. Hopefully nothing serious.
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #1602
country flag MsPeabody

It's a hip injury
From the Lasers' homepage:
Quote:
Springfield Lasers team member and 2014 French Open mixed doubles champion Anna-Lena Groenefeld has announced she will not be able to continue playing Mylan World TeamTennis this season, due to a hip injury.

Groenefeld, 29, from Nordhorn, Germany, played the first two matches of the season before her injury, sustained at Wimbledon, caused her to withdraw for the season. This was to be Groenefeld’s fourth Mylan WTT season, her first with the Lasers. Groenefeld advanced to the women’s doubles quarterfinal at Wimbledon, less than a month after she and partner Jean-Julien Rojer captured the mixed doubles trophy at the French Open.

Lasers ownership representative Bob Belote said Groenefeld enjoyed her time in Springfield and hopes to be able to play for the Lasers again in the future.
Hopefully she can recover quickly.
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #1603
country flag Davodus

I saw the strapping at Wimbledon, hope it's nothing serious and she'll be back at regular tournaments

Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 10:12 PM   #1604
country flag MsPeabody

Great, first against Chan/Chan and if they survive that against Peschke/Sebrotnik.
Let's hope that at least her injury is fully healed.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #1605
country flag Davodus

No expectations