Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2 - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #1516
country flag Danars

Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Oh interesting...we'll see how that goes. They just lost to Rybarikova/Cepelova though
But that was just horrible from Anna-Lena They have some good results so I am really excited about it. Maybe they will play in Indian Wells.
Danars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 12:31 PM   #1517
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I didn't really get a chance to watch it tbh

No doubt they have shown they can be a good team...they kind of are the same idea as ALG/Lucic except that Julia is much better than Mirjana so it's really a better option for ALG.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #1518
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #1519
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

They won their first match 6-4 6-0...not much to say considering it was against Mexican wildcards.

I would hope that people would give them a chance as a team rather than just writing this partnership off as a waste of time...they could make a great team and have some big results with the right level of commitment.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #1520
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

People writing this partnership off are more concerned about the Görges singles career. I also do not think it is very nice to say that ALG would be a bad hitting partner and a bad rolemodel for Julia in terms of fitness and everything. You do not play well or not well because of how you practise at tournaments, this is just to give you some rhytmn.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #1521
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
People writing this partnership off are more concerned about the Görges singles career. I also do not think it is very nice to say that ALG would be a bad hitting partner and a bad rolemodel for Julia in terms of fitness and everything. You do not play well or not well because of how you practise at tournaments, this is just to give you some rhytmn.
Exactly...but success in doubles can lead to success in singles. It could be good for Julia, you can never know. I think people also forget how good ALG was, maybe they weren't around following tennis but she has been a top 15 player and she is also not that unfit. I've seen her practising in the extreme heat of Australia and she has been fine.

Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #1522
country flag Davodus

They lost 7-6 5-7 10-7 to Cetkovska/Benesova They always lose to Benesova...pretty disappointing loss tbh

Old Mar 7th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #1523
country flag Davodus

First round win 6-4 6-4 in IW

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 03:59 AM   #1524
country flag Davodus

Happy with the win unlike some people who would rather they lose because ALG is such a bad influence and so out of shape. I think it needs to be remembered she is a top 15 player who just recently won Paris, is a slam champ and has been as high as number 7 in the world. Please just grow up and support your favourite players rather than hope they lose because of your own personal issues. ALG is an extremely experienced player with a lot of skills in doubles that Julia could learn a lot from.

It's really starting to irritate me.

Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 05:46 AM   #1525
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.. ALG is actually the better Doubles player of the two. Goerges has NO backhand and her big swings can ruin her strokes on an off day a lot.
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1526
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Happy with the win unlike some people who would rather they lose because ALG is such a bad influence and so out of shape. I think it needs to be remembered she is a top 15 player who just recently won Paris, is a slam champ and has been as high as number 7 in the world. Please just grow up and support your favourite players rather than hope they lose because of your own personal issues. ALG is an extremely experienced player with a lot of skills in doubles that Julia could learn a lot from.
Agree

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM   #1527
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
ALG is actually the better Doubles player of the two. Goerges has NO backhand and her big swings can ruin her strokes on an off day a lot.

Disagree. I think both are on a similar level in doubles. And look at this match report

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=302

Quote:
Julia came up with some clutch serving today in the dubs to save the day, saving MP at 8-9 in the TB, and then giving the team the decisive MP. I will say that in this current doubles team, Julia is the stronger of the two players, and I think ALG is holding her back. It wasn't always the case with Craybas and Shvedova, but in this case, I think so. ALG is really in horrible shape compared to her best singles days, and is not that mobile. Julia's also the far better and more reliable server.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 02:12 AM   #1528
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Disagree. I think both are on a similar level in doubles. And look at this match report

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=302
1 match from 1 person, no one else saw it there is no question ALG is a better doubles player, she's won a mixed slam and been ranked 7 in the world. She's been a high ranked doubles player for up on 10 years now.

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1529
country flag rucolo

Quote:
1 match from 1 person, no one else saw it there is no question ALG is a better doubles player, she's won a mixed slam and been ranked 7 in the world. She's been a high ranked doubles player for up on 10 years now.
I forgot to add "right now". Anna-Lena and Julia are to me on a similar level in doubles right now ! I was not talking about accomplishments in the past. And why not believe this match report ? By the way I have seen the Fed Cup doubles match against Slovakia recently from Anna-Lena and Julia too. And Anna-Lena was the reason they lost this doubles match, she played horrible, complete shit in Match-Tiebreak. There Anna-Lena was the weak link too, like in this match report. Anna-Lena totally fucked it up when it counted.

I am completely aware that you and davidmario don`t like Julia. And prefer Anna-Lena

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #1530
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
I forgot to add "right now". Anna-Lena and Julia are to me on a similar level in doubles right now ! I was not talking about accomplishments in the past. And why not believe this match report ? By the way I have seen the Fed Cup doubles match against Slovakia recently from Anna-Lena and Julia too. And Anna-Lena was the reason they lost this doubles match, she played horrible, complete shit in Match-Tiebreak. There Anna-Lena was the weak link too, like in this match report. Anna-Lena totally fucked it up when it counted.

I am completely aware that you and davidmario don`t like Julia. And prefer Anna-Lena
What I don't like is that her fans are treating ALG like crap and saying really horrible things about her and this partnership. They don't know what's been happening and why she made this decision, and realistically she has been sucking in singles for a long time through no fault of ALGs so this has nothing to do with that. It's unfair to say ALG is a bad influence, it's a waste of time, ALG is holding her back. Everyone has bad days, that Fed Cup match was one, Goerges wasn't exactly setting the court on fire in it either. They can both have bad days, but ALG has a much more 'doubles' skill set and mentality which has worked for her in the past and still works for her now. Because of her past, imo, it's disrespectful for Julia's fans to say all the things that have been said because I could also say a lot of negative things about Julia's game but I prefer to support them and see how they go rather than just bad mouth them and hope they lose because ALG is such a terrible player