Quotes by other players about Sveta - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM   #1
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Quotes by other players about Sveta

I thought it's a good idea to start a thread about what other players have to say about Sveta and her game.Several players,including Federer and Justine Hénin have said really nice things about her game is the past.So if you find any interesting quote please post it here.

I start with what her opponent yesterday,Michelle Larcher de Brito,said after the match:

Q. How good is she?
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO: Well,Grand Slam champion. Can't be that bad. But, no,she's really a great player. Was a really tough match. She had me running side to side.It was a fun match actually. I enjoyed myself. It was a good fight. She's, of course, a
very good player.

Q. Anything special that impressed you about her game?
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO: I mean, she's a great mover. She has a great
serve. She's just good. I mean, all her shots are pretty good.

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM   #2
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future
Re: Quotes by other players about Sveta

yeah this is interesting to know I think

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #3
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia Petrova,in an interview last week

Quote:
“She hasn’t had great results recently, nothing outstanding,” Petrova said. “For her it’s a matter of will, but she can be dangerous if she has her mind on something.”
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #4
country flag teleri

teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of

Nadia said like Sveta lost concentration on tennis, I mean on and off the court.

I'm so proud of you!!
teleri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag Bероника

A quote from Lena Dementieva,about the final she lost in NY to Sveta in 2004:

Quote:
"I was not that tired [during the loss to Kuznetsova]," Dementieva said Sunday night. "The way Svetlana was playing that year, she was better than anyone."
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM   #6
country flag Bероника

Quote:
"Some Russians are specific. Sharapova is inaccessible. She's always keeping herself out of the way. She's friends with noone. Chakvetadze is very similar. Kuznetsova, on the other hand, is great! She's funny and always the life and soul of the party. Dementieva is also very likeable. She's like a normal girl from the neighbourhood"
- Agnieszka Radwańska sharing her opinions on the dominant Russians on the WTA Tour.
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM   #7
country flag Анна

Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold Анна is a splendid one to behold

That's one reason I became a fan; everyone has something kind to say about Sveta and she is one of the best liked players on tour .

Yo también creo en la Diosa Sveta

Official Football Mum of the Sveta Football Team
Анна is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM   #8
country flag charlieluvtennis

charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of

Aww, thats nice of Agnieszka Radwańska to say that about Sveta... So true too
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

♥ ★GOOD LUCK RUSSIA IN WORLD CUP 2010 ♥ ★
charlieluvtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #9
country flag Bероника

Jie Zheng,on her next match vs Sveta:

Quote:
"Kuznetsova is very strong. I have never beaten her before. I just want to try my best, step by step."
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #10
country flag Bероника

Serena when asked about QF match vs Sveta:

Quote:
Q. Svetlana Kuznetsova in the next round. Thoughts on that matchup?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, uhm, I haven't played her that much in my career, but we've played a couple times. She's a good player, obviously. Gets a ton of balls back. She's extremely strong. I think we have a similar game. I think it will obviously be a great match.

Q. Do you feel like she's someone that can go toe‑to‑toe with you at times?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, because she's extremely powerful. You know, she just can get a lot of things back, kind of like me. Like I said, I think we have a very similar game.
It will be just who can do whatever.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #11
country flag Bероника

Ula Radwanska:

Quote:
"This was one of the biggest wins of my career," Radwanska said after the match, which finished well past midnight. "I'm so glad to get through it but I'm worried about my ankle, which I twisted in the last game. Svetlana was very tough."
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #12
country flag Vanity Bonfire

Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Vanity Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
- Agnieszka Radwańska sharing her opinions on the dominant Russians on the WTA Tour.
I always knew that she was a bit of a raver!
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #13
country flag Ziggy Starduck
No Place

Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote by Agnes Szavay after Connecticut tournie:

"It was a really, really good week and I played really well; but that's why it's even more disappointing, especially after I won the first set. But Svetlana is a very nice girl - she always makes me smile. She told me she was sorry about it, that she was not happy she won in this way. She's really nice."

Same, same Agnes!
Ziggy Starduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #14
country flag Bероника

"She was a funny girl. I remember her coming to the match with a two liter Pepsi. You would look at her and think, 'No way she can win a Grand Slam one day.' But then she moved to Spain and she changed completely. She became much more professional, and she did a huge job. She improved really a lot."
Dinara Safina on her first impression of friend and countrywoman Svetlana Kuznetsova when the two used to play before they were even teenagers.
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #15
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

2 liters of pepsi I would be sick if I would be drinking that during sports

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote