Acc - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #61
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Acc

as I said, Scharle vs Featherston

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #62
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Congratulations to UNC.
but also kudos to the great effort made by the Seminoles.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #63
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, couldn't be closer. Obviously, watch out for FSU at NCAAs, will be interesting to see them compete against the best teams outside of the ACC.

Congrats to UNC, too. Tough to reverse a result like that, so well done to them!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #64
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Shinann proves mboyle wrong by wining a third set tiebreak to clinch the ACC Championships for the heels FSU is certainly on a roll though

Quote:
Fahoum won the first set 6-4 as both struggled to hold serve. Rybakova rallied for the second set win 6-2. The third set went to a tiebreaker, and Fahoum, serving at 6-5, appeared to win, calling Rybakova's shot out, but the chair umpire overruled as the Duke players stormed the court thinking they had a 4-2 match victory. However, the overruling was the third of the match and resulted in a penalty and an automatic point to Rybakova. That gave Rybakova a 7-6 lead, and Rybakova eventually won 9-7.

An additional unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty was called on Fahoum after the loss. The penalty point was assessed to the remaining No. 3 match between Duke's Reka Zsilinszka and FSU's Gabriela Mejia. Zsilinszka was down 3-4 in the third set, when she was told she would be down 0-15 to start the next game. Zsilinszka fell to 3-5, and then started down a point in the deciding game. Mejia won 5-7, 6-4, 6-3.
Nadine Terrible behavior. Reminiscent of the UVA/Baylor match. Girls who get overruled that many times And then the outburst after the match to give Reka a point penalty
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #65
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Shinann proves mboyle wrong by wining a third set tiebreak to clinch the ACC Championships for the heels FSU is certainly on a roll though

Nadine Terrible behavior. Reminiscent of the UVA/Baylor match. Girls who get overruled that many times And then the outburst after the match to give Reka a point penalty
Especially frustrating considering how sportsmanlike Reka is. Really embarrassing for Nadine
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #66
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I meant to post about that when I got home yesterday. Nadine should be ashamed of herself. Reka was so confused when the umpire told her it would be 0-15 when she was serving to stay in it.

In regards to who should actually be playing 1 for Duke, my vote goes to Rachel Kahan. She's the only girl in Duke's top six that can consistently hit a penetrating ball in the court. Fahoum, Nze, and Zsilinszka are all defensive players. None of them are proactive at all when they are on the court, they rely on errors from their opponents. Why Kahan is playing 5, I don't understand.

However I will give props to Ellah yesterday. I know she has lost a lot of matches this year and doesn't win a lot of three setters, but she did very well to stay with Segarelli, who is a big girl and hits the shit out of the ball. She was so happy after the win and you could tell how much it meant to her...a shame that Nadine and Reka let her down in the end.
iPatty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #67
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Yeah, I meant to post about that when I got home yesterday. Nadine should be ashamed of herself. Reka was so confused when the umpire told her it would be 0-15 when she was serving to stay in it.

In regards to who should actually be playing 1 for Duke, my vote goes to Rachel Kahan. She's the only girl in Duke's top six that can consistently hit a penetrating ball in the court. Fahoum, Nze, and Zsilinszka are all defensive players. None of them are proactive at all when they are on the court, they rely on errors from their opponents. Why Kahan is playing 5, I don't understand.

However I will give props to Ellah yesterday. I know she has lost a lot of matches this year and doesn't win a lot of three setters, but she did very well to stay with Segarelli, who is a big girl and hits the shit out of the ball. She was so happy after the win and you could tell how much it meant to her...a shame that Nadine and Reka let her down in the end.
Thanks for your post Kahan has been tearing it up this year. It's typical for coaches to put an inexperienced freshman lower in the lineup so that she can gains and confidence which Kahan certainly has! She'll be a force next year.
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #68
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

On their doubles...

I wanna know who's dumb idea it was to put Monica Gorny and Hannah Mar in doubles. Gorny is...terrible. She double faulted at least 8 times (in three service games) and did absolutely NOTHING on court besides miss routine groundstrokes. She doesn't even look like a tennis player to me. Really weird decision to put her in the doubles line up. I think Liz Plotkin would be perfect with Mary Clayton because both of them have very solid, penetrating groundstrokes and good serves which is all you need at 3 doubles. I'd substitute Reka for Hannah Mar at 2. Hannah Mar brings nothing but intensity to the court. Her groundstrokes are inconsistent and she's too small to handle the fast-paced rallies. It also doesn't help that Fahoum isn't very good at doubles.

I'm sure doubles for Duke will be much better next year...as long as the coach doesn't fuck up again.
iPatty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #69
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
On their doubles...

I wanna know who's dumb idea it was to put Monica Gorny and Hannah Mar in doubles. Gorny is...terrible. She double faulted at least 8 times (in three service games) and did absolutely NOTHING on court besides miss routine groundstrokes. She doesn't even look like a tennis player to me. Really weird decision to put her in the doubles line up. I think Liz Plotkin would be perfect with Mary Clayton because both of them have very solid, penetrating groundstrokes and good serves which is all you need at 3 doubles. I'd substitute Reka for Hannah Mar at 2. Hannah Mar brings nothing but intensity to the court. Her groundstrokes are inconsistent and she's too small to handle the fast-paced rallies. It also doesn't help that Fahoum isn't very good at doubles.

I'm sure doubles for Duke will be much better next year...as long as the coach doesn't fuck up again.
Truth. I've always thought it was weird neither Reka nor Liz played doubles. Gorny and Mar
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 03:01 AM   #70
country flag tucker1989

Hardenbergh won her first qualifying match at the 50K in Charlottesville, beating Lauren Herring 6-4 6-7(3) 6-2. She plays Harkins next. People forget that Lindsey won a 10K the summer before she got to UVA, so I'm definitely thinking she'll try her hand at the pros more after graduation next year.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 04:59 AM   #71
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

good for her could be a dangerous floater in NCAA singles.

now, I really think ACC is the best conference.

ANY team can win unlike, SEC or PAC10..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #72
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Truth. I've always thought it was weird neither Reka nor Liz played doubles. Gorny and Mar
It's actually Gorny and Clayton, and, normally, they're our most reliable team. I think y'all have been pretty harsh on the Duke girls. Monica normally has very sharp volleys and pretty solid groundstrokes. She had a very respectable season at 5 singles last year. Hanna has very sharp groundstrokes usually and is extremely tough mentally. I'd be pretty comfortable playing her at the 5 or 6 spot next year. Nadine is usually very sportsmanlike. Maybe the pressure of the moment got to her. Also, 3 overruled calls in a match that ends 7-6 in the third is very different from three overruled calls in a straight sets, routine match. I don't know why the NCAA doesn't take that into account. It should be two overrules per set or something like that.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #73
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
It's actually Gorny and Clayton, and, normally, they're our most reliable team. I think y'all have been pretty harsh on the Duke girls. Monica normally has very sharp volleys and pretty solid groundstrokes. She had a very respectable season at 5 singles last year. Hanna has very sharp groundstrokes usually and is extremely tough mentally. I'd be pretty comfortable playing her at the 5 or 6 spot next year. Nadine is usually very sportsmanlike. Maybe the pressure of the moment got to her. Also, 3 overruled calls in a match that ends 7-6 in the third is very different from three overruled calls in a straight sets, routine match. I don't know why the NCAA doesn't take that into account. It should be two overrules per set or something like that.
The was just directed at Gorny and Mar's inclusion in doubles, not that they are a team. Obviously both are good players, but still, I would think Reka and Liz could make more of an impact in doubles. And overrules aren't like challenges...3 in a match is quite a lot regardless of the match's length. I lose a lot of respect for any girl who gets overruled that many times in a match.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #74
country flag tucker1989

Hardenbergh beat Harkins 6-2 6-4 in the second round of Charlottesville qualifying. Wen up next for a spot in the main draw. Keep it up Lindsey!
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #75
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Hardenbergh beat Harkins 6-2 6-4 in the second round of Charlottesville qualifying. Wen up next for a spot in the main draw. Keep it up Lindsey!
Lindsey