Acc - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #301
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Acc

The NC State women's tennis team was edged 7-0 by the No. 13 Miami Hurricanes on Sunday at the Curtis & Jacqueline Dail Outdoor Tennis Stadium.

Is that another of those words that means something different in America?
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #302
country flag Kirijax

Kirijax is an unknown quantity at this point

Another solid win for the Canes today. Sixth straight win, 10-2 now. They face Baylor on Saturday.

Canes Results
Kirijax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #303
country flag TennisDad

TennisDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
The NC State women's tennis team was edged 7-0 by the No. 13 Miami Hurricanes on Sunday at the Curtis & Jacqueline Dail Outdoor Tennis Stadium.

Is that another of those words that means something different in America?

That is funny! However, it was Miami, so there may have been knives (edges) involved. JK Miami fans!

How about the Kentucky website:
No. 22 Kentucky Routs Mizzou (it actually says routes on the front page). It was a 4-2 match and Kentucky was down in the unfinished #5 match.

So, to me...a "rout" is 7-0 and being "edged" is 4-2 or 4-3.

However, the school's website usually try to shine the team in the best light!

Last edited by TennisDad : Mar 10th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
TennisDad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #304
country flag Kirijax

A great win on Saturday for the Canes against No. 17 Baylor. The final score was 4-0, but if Bolivar had not taken her match, it could have gone down to three three-set matches. A very good win for the Canes.

Canes Results
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #305
country flag Kirijax

The roller coaster ride of an expatriate college tennis fan. It ain't easy and can be pretty frustrating. the situation in college tennis right now is downright horrible and unacceptable. If they kept the scoreboard updates for football/basketball, there would be mass uprisings and American would cease to exist as we know it.

The Roller Coaster Ride of an Expatriate College Tennis Fan
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #306
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Yes!!! it sounds all too familiar...the lengths we go through to find out the score or what is happening, especially when the team is playing on the road and I have to rely on twitter updates or worse no updates until long after the match is over!

It doesn't seem fair but its not like I feel I have a right to complain, knowing that tennis fans like me are a small minority and knowing tennis doesn't bring in the money that football and basketball does.

It would be strange, yet funny to imagine if one day, athletes decide to choose tennis over the big 3 sports. What it would be like if tennis rose to the same level in popularity, resulting to live television broadcasting of all games
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #307
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Yes!!! it sounds all too familiar...the lengths we go through to find out the score or what is happening, especially when the team is playing on the road and I have to rely on twitter updates or worse no updates until long after the match is over!

It doesn't seem fair but its not like I feel I have a right to complain, knowing that tennis fans like me are a small minority and knowing tennis doesn't bring in the money that football and basketball does.

It would be strange, yet funny to imagine if one day, athletes decide to choose tennis over the big 3 sports. What it would be like if tennis rose to the same level in popularity, resulting to live television broadcasting of all games
IMHO, the answer is finding the right communication channel to the size of the event. College tennis will never be a regular on television, but online streaming will continue to improve, and will be better than television coverage has ever been.

I actually, like following a match on twitter.

But to improve twitter coverage it would be nice if the host school would be a suggested #hashtag for every match. So that instead of just following a teams' account, we could follow a #hashtag during an event and get 140's from several voices.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #308
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
IMHO, the answer is finding the right communication channel to the size of the event. College tennis will never be a regular on television, but online streaming will continue to improve, and will be better than television coverage has ever been.

I actually, like following a match on twitter.

But to improve twitter coverage it would be nice if the host school would be a suggested #hashtag for every match. So that instead of just following a teams' account, we could follow a #hashtag during an event and get 140's from several voices.
That's a great idea! I don't know how much of the older crowd are into tweeting updates, but definitely I'm sure the younger crowd would do this...
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #309
country flag Kirijax

There are so many good ideas out there and I'm sure there are people/fans willing to make it work. A shame it is the way it is. Tennis deserves better.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #310
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirijax View Post
There are so many good ideas out there and I'm sure there are people/fans willing to make it work. A shame it is the way it is. Tennis deserves better.
Yes it does, but it's like fine wine, it takes a special palette to appreciate!
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #311
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't keep up with all the rule changes. Are they now playing doubles last? Or is that just a Duke thing?
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #312
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Sorry I can't keep up with all the rule changes. Are they now playing doubles last? Or is that just a Duke thing?
They do that for College Match Day, when it is featured/streamed on ESPN3. They're doing it in an effort to shorten matches for TV viewing. If the match is tied at 3-3 after singles, they play 10 point tiebreaks for doubles This happened for the first time in the Alabama/Florida match yesterday.

http://www.usta.com/College-Tennis/c...tches_in_2014/
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 07:29 AM   #313
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
They do that for College Match Day, when it is featured/streamed on ESPN3. They're doing it in an effort to shorten matches for TV viewing. If the match is tied at 3-3 after singles, they play 10 point tiebreaks for doubles This happened for the first time in the Alabama/Florida match yesterday.

http://www.usta.com/College-Tennis/c...tches_in_2014/
That is crazy. I guess it makes the singles matches much more crucial and puts greater pressure on them.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #314
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Clemson beats #1 Duke 4-3

http://clemsontigers.com/fls/28500/t...tats/xlive.htm
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 02:18 AM   #315
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this will knock Duke out of the #1 spot. Some extremely impressive wins from Clemson. They won all of their singles matches in three sets.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote