Acc - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:40 AM   #181
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
YOU SANG????!!!

Ah I today saw a Duke Devils jacket, indeed a rare sight, the guy who wore it was a dareDEVIL, riding his bicycle
Lol I trained from 9 until last year, when I graduated from college. I was general manager of my a cappella group for 3 years.

Knoxt, UVA played quite well. Duke was just, as I said, as good as I've seen them play in a while. Xi Li wasn't moving well but was hitting hard. Hanna played lights out. Hanna's actually so intense it's scary.
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:43 AM   #182
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Li Xi is apparently the real deal and the UVA team really depends on her... She does have a lot of potential. I don't know a lot about Duke players, except Capra and Reka (who I think plays "fake tennis" like Anna Smashnova )
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM   #183
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
I watched both matches today. Duke is looking as good as they were in 2009, maybe better. Everyone is playing with a lot of fight and passion. No one was making dumb errors, which is very unusual. All six starters are playing with supreme confidence that they can and should win these matches. I think it speaks volumes that Duke barely won in the regular season and then won 4-0 today. They have been just destroying teams that, on paper, should be giving them at least token opposition.

Carolina did not impress me. They barely beat Tech, and they were just not playing well.

Doubles: Duke destroyed them last time, and I don't think anything will be different this time. Duke annihilated UVA in doubles, and UVA has some of the best doubles tandems in the country.

1: Capra has this point locked up.
2: Goldfield played very well against Lindsey today. I think she'll keep it close against Zoe, and I don't think this match will finish.
3: Kahan will beat Featherston. Rachel was her old self today, and, judging by her recent scores, has been playing really well for a while now.
4: Mar deserves some award for being one of the most improved players in the league. I don't think she'll have trouble with Price.
5: Clayton has beaten Gina Suarez Malaguti several times of late. I think this should be no different, especially given Gina's record of late.
6: Turewicz could lose to Tessa Lyons, but beat her last time.

I will be at the match. I expect another 4-0 Duke victory. The real competition will be on the men's side. To be able to witness two Duke beatdowns of Carolina in one weekend would be sweet. GTHC!!!!
I watched Duke last week and I definitely agree with you. They are playing some great tennis! And thanks for your match by match take mboyle! When I think about it I actually agree with you on all the matches, but at this point I'm just more hoping than thinking

I guess the great thing about tennis is one day you can play amazing and the next day terrible so there's always a chance... so LET'S GO HEELS!
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM   #184
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

It's raining and the committee made the BRILLIANT decision to move the match to Wake Forest...2 hours away. Not going. Sorry guys.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM   #185
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's raining and the committee made the BRILLIANT decision to move the match to Wake Forest...2 hours away. Not going. Sorry guys.
WF is indoors? Man, sorry to hear that

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM   #186
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

The men's moved to Chapel Hill.. is that closer than going to Wake?

Btw, UVA is for sure going to take the men's title :P
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:06 PM   #187
country flag mboyle

Yes I'm unfortunately going to unsuck right now. UVA has beaten us 9 times in a row but last time was really close. It will be tough indoors but miracles happen!
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM   #188
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
The men's moved to Chapel Hill.. is that closer than going to Wake?

Btw, UVA is for sure going to take the men's title :P
Chapel Hill is a little over 1/2 hour away, while Wake is about 2 hours
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:26 PM   #189
country flag knoxt

Quote:
Yes I'm unfortunately going to unsuck right now. UVA has beaten us 9 times in a row but last time was really close. It will be tough indoors but miracles happen!
UVA was supposed to win the NCAA like years ago... for some reason they have not been able to secure the title. I think they've won like 8 or 9 ACC titles in a row? Yet again, ACC is a less competitive league in men's tennis than women's tennis.

Much like Stanford's lineup in women's tennis, UVA men are strong at 1-2-3 singles. Their doubles almost always guarantee a point.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #190
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Li Xi is apparently the real deal and the UVA team really depends on her... She does have a lot of potential. I don't know a lot about Duke players, except Capra and Reka (who I think plays "fake tennis" like Anna Smashnova )
I'm surprised mboyle didn't react to this comment, where's the 'wrath'

And yeah, I also was very impressed with Li at WAATC..so many injuries throughout the league this season..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #191
country flag ats_tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Duke took all 3 doubles matches pretty easily last time against UNC, so I'd be surprised if UNC was able to take it tomorrow.
Quote:
Doubles: Duke destroyed them last time, and I don't think anything will be different this time. Duke annihilated UVA in doubles, and UVA has some of the best doubles tandems in the country.
And UNC wins the doubles point!!! with wins at the #1 and #3 positions
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM   #192
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post

I guess the great thing about tennis is one day you can play amazing and the next day terrible so there's always a chance... so LET'S GO HEELS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
And UNC wins the doubles point!!! with wins at the #1 and #3 positions
Getting interesting

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM   #193
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UNC actually can win this Not impossible

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #194
country flag mboyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I'm surprised mboyle didn't react to this comment, where's the 'wrath'

And yeah, I also was very impressed with Li at WAATC..so many injuries throughout the league this season..
I think Reka's record speaks for itself. No need to comment. She does play a unique style that not all appreciate.

Not happy with today's play. You don't annihilate a team a week ago and then get stuck in this close of a match that you could actually lose. Really pissed off I couldn't make it to Wake Forest today.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #195
country flag ats_tennis

Duke wins 4-2. Really close match though (came down to 3rd sets on pretty much all courts). Congrats mboyle!!!