NCAA Tennis Championships, MAY 19-30, 2011, Taube Tennis Center, Stanford University - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #1
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
NCAA Tennis Championships, MAY 19-30, 2011, Taube Tennis Center, Stanford University

facebook page is up.

Women's bracket
Men's bracket

Weather Forecast

Map Location

Video Stream for mobile Devices

Tournament Central

Last edited by 2nd_serve : May 19th, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2011, 03:56 AM   #2
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA Tennis Championships, MAY 19-30, 2011, Taube Tennis Center, Stanford Univers

4 new schools that can host the 1,2nd rd AND advance to NCAA 3rd rd;

11 UVA
16 VAND
19 UO(Oklahoma)
21 ASU
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Mar 22nd, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #3
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA Tennis Championships, MAY 19-30, 2011, Taube Tennis Center, Stanford Univers

So I predict Christian/Sanchez will win the NCAA (they are ABOVE jinx )

Why?

Look at the past champions and runner ups, Barte / Burdette, Andersson/Juricova, Pluskota/Whoriskey, Bek/ Wong..

all LOVES to come up to the net ( CU combo are extreme version,
Bek ALWAYS coming up to the net )

The problem for them is, the USC team's lob is WTA level THEY LITERALLY PAINT THE LINES

not only that, they can pass, intercept, volley, don't break down at rallies (hell, even Christian didn't break down against Juricova when rallying), especially their defense is just top notch (USC players are all good at defensive volleys, like Kinstler)

TOTAL PACKAGE, WITH THEIR LOB SKILL OUT OF THIS WORLD

THAT'S why they will win

P.S. watch out for Ahn/Gibbs. Being both supreme attackers, when they decide to ball bash AND when it's on, they could be extremely dangerous..(strong drivers do tend to win a lot, vide Williams sisters, last years' National winners, both G16 & G18)
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Mar 31st, 2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

The Spiders win the A-10 championships again and receive an automatic bid. (Don't they?)
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #5
country flag fantic

Embittered you even monitor that?
Are there any UK players in both teams?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #6
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Embittered you even monitor that?
Are there any UK players in both teams?
Don't think so; Duquesne (wherever that may be) has a couple.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:52 AM   #7
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

NCAA has a convenient page to show the conference champions

link
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM   #8
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post

link
That footnote applies to nothing Perhaps they intended to include the Great West.

For those desperate to know what happened in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Marist won.
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #9
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Prior to Tues 4/26 rankings, # 45 is currently the bubble. That factors in that # 44 Bill & Mary won their league so it adds that last spot to get to an unusually deep # 45 with twelve conference winners within the at large range plus add backs.

However, to get to # 45 # 39 SD State must win MWest and that either # 40 LB or # 42 CP win the Big West. Should those not occur, the number moves forward again. Bill & Mary will move up in the rankings this week so that add back is solid.

I believe the only outstanding automatics with high ranked teams are Big12 (lots of options), Big 10 (options), Big East (ND; So Florida) MWest (SD State) or Big West (LB or CP). If others win the number moves the BUBBLE forward.

All this prior to tomorrow's rankings that will make all this outdated.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #10
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

AS of 4/26 rankings

USC no longer hosting. Arizona falls to # 3 seed.

With most conferences done the points will largely adjust based on other movements like Cal Poly jumping 6 spots today. So some shake out will come there.

Big 12, Mountain West, Big West, Big East (though two high ranked; one likely to win) and WAC all could effect things. WAC sill not get an at large but the right wins (say a Nevada) could juggle some ranking points around.

Bubble projected at # 44.

# 44 K State does still play tourney and very likely well could add points ... which would jump them over # 43 St Mary's who is done for season.

Big West -- # 36 Cal Poly or # 39 LB State (who beat CP and will get ratings bump next week on that switch) win tournament and bubble stays at # 44. If not, take one back.

Mountain West -- # 38 UNLV wins and things stay the same. However, playing at altitude in Colorado Springs will be interesting versus # 50 SD State and # 55 Utah. Again, if SD State or Utah win then the bubble moves.

So, current bubble # 44... but could realistically move as low as # 42 if things get wild in Mountain West or Big West this weekend.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:31 PM   #11
country flag fantic

Nze, Remynse, Hein, Featherston not playing singles (funny thing is that they're all playing doubles Well for Nze no excuse I guess )

Freshmen Critser and Niu so close..

And what does this mean

31 18.92 Alison Ramos Valeria Pulido University of Southern California

Well objectively speaking they didn't play that well recently, but..

And too bad for those;

32 17.56 Lindsey Hardenbergh Erin Vierra University of Virginia
33 17.31 Alex Bara Kateryna Yergina Virginia Commonwealth University
34 16.17 Kristie Ahn Nicole Gibbs Stanford
35 15.76 Sonja Molnar Jessica Young Univ. of Iowa
36 14.75 Alex Leatu Rachael Dillon Vanderbilt University
37 14.27 Caroline Hitimana Joanna Mather University of Florida
38 14.17 Kristi Boxx Abby Guthrie University of Mississippi

omg another Cal freshman Sanford is playing

26 22.47 Jordaan Sanford Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar University of Maryland, College Park
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 2nd, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #12
country flag fantic

when is the regional draw out? anyone?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
And what does this mean

31 18.92 Alison Ramos Valeria Pulido University of Southern California

Well objectively speaking they didn't play that well recently, but..

And too bad for those;

<snip>
33 17.31 Alex Bara Kateryna Yergina Virginia Commonwealth University
<snip>
I thought form told us the VCU pair would be in as top-ranked within conference (along with, is it?, Pepperdine, SMU and Sacramento State pairs).

EDIT: scratch SMU, Marshall pair is higher ranked

Last edited by Embittered : May 2nd, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:08 PM   #14
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post

link
didn't know UCLA won the PAC 10
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM   #15
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
I thought form told us the VCU pair would be in as top-ranked within conference (along with, is it?, Pepperdine, SMU and Sacramento State pairs).

EDIT: scratch SMU, Marshall pair is higher ranked
yeah, guess they're not going but the resent results can't really justify them going to Stanford..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles