On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 336 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #5026
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Am embarrassed to admit that one of our newspapers deigned to report(in the 'Style' section, NOT the actual news pages, of course) that a member of the Simon Cowell abomination known as Numb Erection is suffering from serious acne problems

....On second thought, why don't we quarantine the young fellow--Heck, the WHOLE BAND--by exiling them to North Korea for about five years...just in case this is some sort of plague outbreak

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2014, 09:43 PM   #5027
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Besides, why should all the attention go to only three or four top players? That's not healthy. In an ideal world the entire top 50 should be 'stars.'
An update for you from Portugal: Genie Kourni-chard was quite easily brushed aside like a junior wildcard by Sveta in the QFs. Kuzy won 11 of the last 12 games...and only lost SIX POINTS in sweeping the last four games of the match. However, Genie managed to start out with a 4-1 lead...before reality set in...and I've read that they were the most impressive 5 games ever played to start a match by any 20-year-old Quebecois in the entire history of Oeiras quarterfinals. Naturally, Machorra Allaster consoled the Future Icon of Women's Sports by giving her yet another photo shoot AND video...this on top of her recent selections as cover girl for Vacuous Clothes-hound and Horny Airhead(French version) magazines

What with the fact that girls all over the world are more vulnerable to eating disorders and self-esteem psychological issues related to physical appearance, it's hard to figure out how it 'empowers young girls' who WEREN'T born rich to a daddy who married a beauty queen...and, thus, didn't win the genetic lottery for looks...by promoting a gal who has barely accomplished anything merely because she's eye candy. I suppose that young girls with modest or below-average looks should just choose OTHER role models such as the less-glamorous Court, Davenport or Henin who actually won some tennis tournaments, huh?

Then again, it hasn't been a complete loss for Genie; she's already equaled her idol, Anna K's, total of zero tournaments won with one runner-up finish in an International event(AND one fluke Slam semi). She still has a ways to go to catch Anna's 3 runner-up finishes at Premier events. Nevertheless, with the proliferation of tankers and quitters in the Allaster Tennis Universe, "Canadian Kourny" might skate through to a couple of finals by facing only qualifiers and lucky losers...so there's still hope

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #5028
country flag bruce goose

Won't sugarcoat the fact that CSN isn't the most photogenic gal on the planet, yet she seems to genuinely love tennis and appeared overjoyed to win her 1st title, so hat's off to her in her happy moment. Guaranteed future HOF'ers Sloane Stephens and Kournichard are the only ones in the Top 32 who haven't won a title yet

Old May 5th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #5029
country flag bruce goose

All hail Aga for managing to overcome that daunting challenge from the 2013 Osaka runner-up. I sure hope that Aga was able to sleep last night on the brink of facing such an awesome opponent

Seriously, though, am sorry to see the passing of Elena Baltacha; though it has no bearing on her obvious value as a human being, I thought that Elena was truly gorgeous, yet with an understated, classic-Evert type of beauty. It's hard to really KNOW the players closely, of course, but 'Bally' always seemed so easygoing and down-to-earth in her interviews, and she consistently got herself involved in her charity work, as opposed to the sporadic, "photo-op charity" that several WTA players put forth. I hope that she found peace before she died, in the company of loved ones, and I'm sorry to see her go. RIP, Elena B.

Old May 11th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #5030
country flag bruce goose

Puppy Update: Homes found for 2 of them, still seeking responsible owners for the other four

Old May 13th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #5031
country flag bruce goose

CRISIS AVERTED: The Roland Garros organizers were a bit frantic for fear of not having an opponent easy enough to allow Genie Kournik-chard to actually win a clay-court MATCH...as opposed to merely extending a set to a tie-break(which the WTA website promotes as some sort of huge accomplishment). The RG big-shots were trying to find someone...ANYone...perhaps some tall, clumsy, highly-slow-footed, 15-year-old French junior who could be given a wildcard and, thus, offer enough of a patsy for Anna K. version 2.0

However, their concerns were allayed when the future icon of women's pro sports re-assured them that she didn't really need to win more than a couple of matches per year with a piss-ant enabler like Machorra Allaster promoting the young Canuck as if she were the re-incarnation of Steffi Graf. Besides, all of these first-round losses give her plenty of time for what TRULY counts far more than some petty little nonsense like winning matches: Lots of photo shoots and shopping in European capitals.....So there was a happy ending after all

Old May 17th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #5032
country flag bruce goose

Wanted to say something about AI's season so far: Even though she's had greater INDIVIDUAL accomplishments previously, the tennis that she's playing now is the best that she's ever shown on a consistent week-in, week-out basis. She has a legit shot at beating Serena today but, even if Ree destroys her, that won't negate, in ANY way, what AI has done to this point.

Make no mistake---I can't imagine ever being her fan again, per se. The evidence is abundant, from her near-endless string of fired coaches and aides, that she's an insufferable b---- when she doesn't get her way; the 'Sweet Ana' persona is just a marketing fraud, partly b/c she lacks the charisma to market herself successfully as a bad-girl type as Anna K. did. Also, I don't think that it 'empowers women' or demonstrates ANY sort of role model for young girls when someone offers herself as a trophy slut for every rich, sleazy playboy on the jet set

....However, Ana is finally showing the ability to be the player she was projected to be back in 2008 after her RG triumph; she's a legit tennis player now instead of being a cover girl who just plays tennis part-time. No matter who she is as a PERSON, I have to tip my hat to her for overcoming her most difficult opponent: HERSELF....and THAT battle might be the toughest that anyone can face in life. So congrats, Ana

Who knows? Maybe she realized last season that she was about to be replaced by Genie Kournichard as The Enabled Face of the WTA...and maybe that motivated her to get her act together. At least AI went to 3 Slam finals and won 1 of them to justify her previous hype.....but perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on the 2013 Osaka runner-up, the future juggernaut of women's pro sports

Old May 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #5033
country flag bruce goose

Good homes found for every one of the puppies....Happy Ending

Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:07 PM   #5034
country flag bruce goose

Even Rory haters--a group to which I don't belong--should feel some compassion for Caroline right now. She couldn't be a normal woman and NOT be going through some emotional turmoil right now. I can't, in any way, comment on what's best for Caro as a person, but even if you look at this from a purely pragmatic standpoint, it's unrealistic to expect that Caro will suddenly have a clearer focus on tennis and return to her previous peak form that she had before the relationship. She might NEVER reach THAT point again, yet it's at least conceivable that Caroline could get there, eventually, if she threw herself into tennis again

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #5035
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

If someone became sad, when seeing what has happened to c r i c f r e e, they will be happy again, when opening f o o t y f r e e d o t t v

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #5036
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Even Rory haters--a group to which I don't belong--should feel some compassion for Caroline right now. She couldn't be a normal woman and NOT be going through some emotional turmoil right now. I can't, in any way, comment on what's best for Caro as a person, but even if you look at this from a purely pragmatic standpoint, it's unrealistic to expect that Caro will suddenly have a clearer focus on tennis and return to her previous peak form that she had before the relationship. She might NEVER reach THAT point again, yet it's at least conceivable that Caroline could get there, eventually, if she threw herself into tennis again
She will never get to that point again imo. But I do think that she can improve on how she's currently doing.

As for Rory, he's number one on my shitlist. How can he treat her like this after she was willing to virtually sacrifice her own career for him? Buying her expensive presents, proposing to her and acting as though her 'yes' was your 'first big win of the year,' telling everyone how much she means to you - only to give her the boot at the last minute. VERY low of you McIlroy. I hope that you'll live to regret this. You may be a great golfer, but as a human being you turn out to be one huge disappointment.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #5037
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

what happened to c r i c f r e e, it works for me anyway but thank for other link!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #5038
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

Who knows? Maybe she realized last season that she was about to be replaced by Genie Kournichard as The Enabled Face of the WTA...and maybe that motivated her to get her act together. At least AI went to 3 Slam finals and won 1 of them to justify her previous hype.....but perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on the 2013 Osaka runner-up, the future juggernaut of women's pro sports
Bad luck buddy boy. Genie has won a tournament.
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #5039
country flag Yksi

Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Genie has won a tournament.
Good for her!

And now General Messages has a new favourite player to hate on.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #5040
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
Good for her!

And now General Messages has a new favourite player to hate on.
As soon as GM starts bullying a player I automatically want her to do well, so I'm happy that she won. In matches that I'm otherwise neutral about GM has the same effect on me as a FO crowd - I always want the player that they are rooting against to win.
Closed Thread